What's new

Nowruz: Iranian New Year

The bonfires look a lot like what we burn on our Holi. And both festivals are just a week apart.

People+Praying+to+the+Holika+Dahan+bonfire.jpg

Also Lohri.

Lohri_Festival_Celebration_with_Bonfire.jpg

Indeed, thats why I said that the celebration in Turkic cultures is blended with Persians elements, but in essence the whole notion of the celebration is hardly unique to Persian culture and we find the examples of it even in Siberia and North America.

If so , then why for so many years this celebration was banned in turkey . and even some Kurd for protesting against this ban burned themselves so turkey government have to remove the ban at last.

In Turkey it was practiced aswell, but somehow it got out of "fashion", however I don't know exactly when. But Novruz was definetly celebrated by Ottomans.

Because they use it for terrorist propaganda. But now Turkey organizes Novruz events each year where different Turkic peoples participate.

I don't know why you even mention Turkey as an example when Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzystan, Crimean Tatars and other Turkic peoples celebrate it. That is already a long list.

In today's newspaper it is written that even Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan celebrate Nowruz in a big way. With so many nations celebrating it, it surely must count as a world festival like Christmas and Diwali and Eid.

Last edited:
Happy new year to everyone !!

Wish you all prosperity and peace !!

To NEW DAYS AHEAD , to PEACE and to LOVE

To IRAN , AFGHANISTAN , TAJIKESTAN , OZBEKISTAN , AZERBAIJAN , TURKEMENISTAN , .....

AND FINALLY TO THE WHOLE WORLD !!!

HAPPY NOWRUZ !!!

1130-nowruz-pirooz.jpg

@Serpentine @ResurgentIran @kollang @Ostad @ghara ghan @rmi5 @mohsen @Abii @Ahriman @S00R3NA @raptor22@JEskandari @Azeri440 @ASQ-1918 @Al-Kurdi @spiderkiller @LoveIcon @iranigirl2 @Shah9 @F117 @ای ایران @haman10 @SinaG @DATIS @Uhuhu @Esfand and others whose names I didn't remember. :)
Hey guys, happy Norouz
Wish you all the best.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ز کوی یار میآید نسیم باد نوروزی
-----------------------------------------------------------------از این باد ار مدد خواهی چراغ دل برافروزی
----------------------------------------------------------به صحرا رو که از دامن غبار غم بیفشانی
-------------------------------------------------به گلزار آی کز بلبل غزل گفتن بیاموزی

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom