What's new

Nowruz: Iranian New Year

Iran's most celebrated festivals are non-Islamic Persian: Nowruz, Chaharshanbe Suri, Yalda, etc. That might give you an idea.

I know but I am asking other forum members here they seem to be great patron of religion then why are they celebrating these festivals which have been declared "heretic".

Only one hour remains to beginning of new year.
I want to send my best greetings to all Iranian and non-Iranian members and wish them a happy and prosperous year.
Happy Nowruz to all. :)

nowruz_by_scorp_san-d4xtq97.jpg

Happy new year, within 30 min. new year comes .... :yahoo:
I hope this year will be full of joys and happiness for all Iranian and those who celebrate it.

Why are Iranians not following Hijiri New Year? Arent they proud to be muslims or the national sentiment is stronger than religion ?

I know but I am asking other forum members here they seem to be great patron of religion then why are they celebrating these festivals which have been declared "heretic".

By the holy clerics of Arabia the sons of Islam the protectors of Sunnah!

Why on earth a person gotta consider it in this way? Actually it's the first time in my entire life that I'm hearing Norrowz, has been declared heretic. why? and to be honest no one in Iran cares about those clerics ...

By the holy clerics of Arabia the sons of Islam the protectors of Sunnah!

Well we also have a hijri calendar but we have a different way of calculating the years length.

More importantly it's right that norouz date back to more than 3500 years ago . But we have many hadith that encourage this feast . More importantly we are not following the holy clerics of Arabia the sun of Islam the protectors of Sunnah . So let any body who follow them don't celebrate this feast and who ever don't follow them celebrate it and so everybody can be happy

In Vedic India also, the calendar was originally based on the solstices and equinoxes. However that system was gradually replaced around 2000 years back.

Glad to see that the Iranians have kept the ancient traditions alive.

Happy Nawroz to everybody!

Which part of India? I know that in South India, it is still followed.

Why on earth a person gotta consider it in this way? Actually it's the first time in my entire life that I'm hearing Norrowz, has been declared heretic. why? and to be honest no one in Iran cares about those clerics ...

Just ignore him. He pollutes every thread with his anti-Islam obsession.

Back
Top Bottom