What's new

New Turkish Serial: Resurrection "Ertuğrul"

-SINAN-

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Guys check it out. Awesome fight scene.

Serial, tells the story of Ertuğrul Gazi.

Ertuğrul (Ottoman Turkish: ارطغرل, often with the title Gazi) (1191 – 1281) was the father of Osman I, the founder of the Ottoman Empire. He was the leader of the Kayı clan of the Oghuz Turks. When arriving in Anatoliafrom Merv (Turkmenistan) with his 400 horsemen to aid the Seljuks of Rum against the Byzantines, Ertuğrul set off the chain of events that would ultimately lead to the founding of the Ottoman Empire. Like his son,Osman, and his future descendants, Ertuğrul is often referred to as a Ghazi, a heroic champion fighter for the cause of Islam.

First episode but it is in Turkish..

@Armstrong mate can you, bring in more of our Pakistani friends who would be interested in this stuff !

Ertuğrul (Ottoman Turkish: ارطغرل, often with the title Gazi) (1191 – 1281) was the father of Osman I, the founder of the Ottoman Empire. He was the leader of the Kayı clan of the Oghuz Turks. When arriving in Anatoliafrom Merv (Turkmenistan) with his 400 horsemen to aid the Seljuks of Rum against the Byzantines, Ertuğrul set off the chain of events that would ultimately lead to the founding of the Ottoman Empire. Like his son,Osman, and his future descendants, Ertuğrul is often referred to as a Ghazi, a heroic champion fighter for the cause of Islam.

@Armstrong mate can you, bring in more of our Pakistani friends who would be interested in this stuff !

YOUTUBES:hitwall:

and somebody said he dont watch TV dramas or serials when i opened a thread to conform if our drama Humsafar has been shown in turkey or not.

and somebody said he dont watch TV dramas or serials when i opened a thread to conform if our drama Humsafar has been shown in turkey or not.

Lol, i seriously don't.... i saw this in our section and watched it on youtube....that said this is the best Turkish serial, i have ever watched.... Also some serious beauties in it. I think, i'm gonna watch this one. :)

Goooooood but to make it Soooppparrrr......there needs to be English Subtitle:-)
English subtitled version is in Youtube. :meeting:

I watched part of it. Acting is good, clothes are good, and it has some subtle statements about the modern day situation of the muslim world if you pay attention.

This is great stuff bro:tup::tup:.. We need more and more stuff like this about the mighty Ottomans.. I frankly can't say enough how much I love that empire .. One of my fave movies from Turkey

a13_34604.jpg

is this working ?

Same fight scene as above.
good
maybe next year one of the pakistani tv channels are able to play this drama with Urdu play back. We have been seeing many Turkish drama's and movies in Pakistan dubbed in urdu.

Nice...so how historically accurate are these dramas ? I watched Fetih 1453 and I liked it but I didn't like how Muhammad al Fatih was portrayed. They made him seem a bit childish and that is no way to treat a man who even Nabi Muhammad SAW praised.

Awesome, I also found it funny that a Turkish serial has a better fight scene than every Bollywood movie. :lol:
Bollywood physics and logic are not of this world.

@Selous

Dude he was 20 or something, maybe he didn't even had beard yet. These series are merely inspired from history, they are may be %50 or a little more historical.

One can see how much dumbass we have in our country by checking the comments, they got furious because there wasn't prayer and adhan scene(is this a religious documentary), they also become furious because hairs of girls were not covered, most ridicolous thing is, they got furious because there was a wild boar figure in one of the archery targets D:

@Selous

Dude he was 20 or something, maybe he didn't even had beard yet. These series are merely inspired from history, they are may be %50 or a little more historical.

One can see how much dumbass we have in our country by checking the comments, they got furious because there wasn't prayer and adhan scene(is this a religious documentary), they also become furious because hairs of girls were not covered, most ridicolous thing is, they got furious because there was a wild boar figure in one of the archery targets D:
I read a book on Sultan Fatih once and apparently he was a really pious guy his whole life. But I see your point on taking pop culture with a grain of salt, however I believe that film makers need to have a sense of responsibility and show some decorum and respect when making movies about personalities that so many people respect and admire.

I read a book on Sultan Fatih once and apparently he was a really pious guy his whole life. But I see your point on taking pop culture with a grain of salt, however I believe that film makers need to have a sense of responsibility and show some decorum and respect when making movies about personalities that so many people respect and admire.

I don't think he was very pious, religious people tend to see everything in their own views, Mehmed had close relationship with Europeans, he often hosted European scholars and artists in his palace, he was interested in the history of Romans and Alexander, after he conquered Istanbul he the took the title Caesar, and aimed to conquer Rome as well, he was pretty much trying to achieve a third Roman empire, I think his ambitions were his own, religion was merely a mask.

Back
Top Bottom