What's new

New Turkish Serial: Resurrection "Ertuğrul"

I don't think so. Because they had better archers doesn't mean they were inferior to hand-to-hand. They just put their advantage to their use. There is no proof they were any less of fighters in hand-to-hand. Most of the battles were also hand-to-hand and they won those battles.

Historical evidence supports my view.You can give me examples and we can talk about those battles.I'll do a quick search on battles from the ME/Anatolia between Turkic/muslims and crusaders and we can have a supported view.

I don't think so. Because they had better archers doesn't mean they were inferior to hand-to-hand. They just put their advantage to their use. There is no proof they were any less of fighters in hand-to-hand. Most of the battles were also hand-to-hand and they won those battles.

Hand-to-hand was small part:
Battle of Manzikert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also looked at others. Most of the battles there was physical contact.

The battle of Manzikert only supports my view.:-).....It's the exact tactic that i've described.

Historical evidence supports my view.You can give me examples and we can talk about those battles.I'll do a quick search on battles from the ME/Anatolia between Turkic/muslims and crusaders and we can have a supported view.

The battle of Manzikert only supports my view.:-).....It's the exact tactic that i've described.
I already explained that just because their archery is superior doesn't mean their hand-to-hand is inferior ;) There was also hand-to-hand in that battle. That is my point.

I already explained that just because their archery is superior doesn't mean their hand-to-hand is inferior ;) There was also hand-to-hand in that battle. That is my point.

Ofcourse it was,as there was in other battles to but only after the enemy was bled out by archers,confused,betrayed by some of its soldiers,split into groups.It was not a direct attack.This was the case with other battles to.In the times when European knights managed to reach hand to hand combat before their ranks were to decmated by harassment or split into tiny groups they usually won the battles even if their numbers were inferior due to the sheer ferocity of their engagement.Even Salladin knew this.

do you have any reason why European knights where more superior in hand to hand combat. generally their diet and medical knowledge was not as good as Turks. so strength wise they would have been lacking. also their heavy armour and weight of their swords would be detrimental. i did read somewhere that the long sword could only be used for 10-15 minutes in combat as it was so heavy and tiring

do you have any reason why European knights where more superior in hand to hand combat. generally their diet and medical knowledge was not as good as Turks. so strength wise they would have been lacking. also their heavy armour and weight of their swords would be detrimental. i did read somewhere that the long sword could only be used for 10-15 minutes in combat as it was so heavy and tiring

Strenght wise they would have been lacking ? No way,it's the opposite.Imagine what kind of man you should be to fight with such heavy armour on you and wield a broad sword.And no,there are examples of knights fighting for hours in outstanding heat and still managing to execute their feroucios charges (sometimes again and again) like the Battle of Dorylaeum or the Battle of Arsuf-in this one Salladin almost won by using harrassment tactics but the moment he was drew in a hand to hand combat and subjected to the charge of the Knights Hospitalers followed by the other crusaders his army was devastated.

Who is watching this? Can somebody give a review?
Well, i'm watching it from youtube.

Series is about Ertuğrul Gazi, father of the Osman Gazi founder of Ottomans... As for now. Kayı Tribe is trying to survive between Knight Templars, Seljuks, and some Arabs in Damascus.

Well, i'm watching it from youtube.

Series is about Ertuğrul Gazi, father of the Osman Gazi founder of Ottomans... As for now. Kayı Tribe is trying to survive between Knight Templars, Seljuks, and some Arabs in Damascus.

Were the Kayi tribe Turkmens? I dont exactly follow how the Turkmens who migrated to Anatolia became Turks? There are still Turkmens in Iraq, Iran. Why is it that the Turkmens who migrated to Anatolia became Turks.

Were the Kayi tribe Turkmens? I dont exactly follow how the Turkmens who migrated to Anatolia became Turks? There are still Turkmens in Iraq, Iran. Why is it that the Turkmens who migrated to Anatolia became Turks.
Hımm....Term confusion.

Turkmens, Azeris, Turkish are both the same....we are Oghuz Turks.

And Oghuz Turks are one branch of the Turkic Family: Kazakhs, Kırygız, Uzbek, Tatar etc.....

You can look into this thread for more information.
Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Hımm....Term confusion.

Turkmens, Azeris, Turkish are both the same....we are Oghuz Turks.

And Oghuz Turks are one branch of the Turkic Family: Kazakhs, Kırygız, Uzbek, Tatar etc.....

You can look into this thread for more information.
Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Okay, was just curious as to why Turks stopped referring to themselves as Turkmens and started calling themselves Turks when there are Turkmens in Iraq for example who did not to this. I do know abit about your branches. In Pakistan most of our interaction with Turkic peoples has been with Karluks. We even have some Karlughs (as we call them) in the Hazara region to this day in the shape of a tribe (Karlugh Turks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia although I dont think they speak any Karluk anymore.

in goes deeper than that the karlugh, babar was from turkministan, before becoming ruler of afghanistan and then founding the mughal dynasty. before that the delhi dynasty where turks.

Episode 1 (English Subtitles)

Episode 2 (English Subtitles)

Well i have only watched Ishq-e-mumnu (Ask-e-memnu) :D
The second highest most watched drama in Pakistan's history.

Will be translating the series to English if anyone interested in watching
visit my facebook page as I probably wont post here again

enjoy

is it Dirilis:Ertugrul, I believe its being played on a Pakistani channel !!!

Back
Top Bottom