What's new

Aleppo Clashes Threaten to Spill into Turkish Territory

I agree they could bomb the small compund with mortars and just fire at it like crazy with their aa guns. We must take action immediatly to secure the area. There are Turkmens in the area as well so that is an advantage.
Yurt dışındaki tek Türk toprağı çatışma altında kaldı
scary thing is, i was thinking too about how vulnerable that small place would be in case of mortar attacks.
besides, i just looked at your link in the hope to find out how the tomb looks like... there are even no walls or other natural objects at all in that pic of the link. where will the soldiers take cover in case of an attack? those terrorists can just spray and pray with such open environment. hope they can at least get sandbags and other materials in order to prepare for an eventual attack.

scary thing is, i was thinking too about how vulnerable that small place would be in case of mortar attacks.
besides, i just looked at your link in the hope to find out how the tomb looks like... there are even no walls or other natural objects at all in that pic of the link. where will the soldiers take cover in case of an attack? those terrorists can just spray and pray with such open environment. hope they can at least get sandbags and other materials in order to prepare for an eventual attack.
The least the military should do is to airdrop some sand bags and some heavy weaponry like a mortar, a heavy machinegun, and an automatic grenade launcher. They probably already have the artillery ready to fire as soon as the order is given.

We shouldnt wait for an attack, we shoud be prepared, these terrorists are unpredictable, what our soldiers need are heavy weapons, observation equipment, supplys, protection equipment and air support in case of an attack.

We shouldnt wait for an attack, we shoud be prepared, these terrorists are unpredictable, what our soldiers need are heavy weapons, observation equipment, supplys, protection equipment and air support in case of an attack.

And keep 100-150 special forces soldiers on standby to enter there anytime with helicopters..

And keep 100-150 special forces soldiers on standby to enter there anytime with helicopters..
Hmm, i dont know, special forces often operate with vehicles but this territorry is too small, i dont know how effective they would be there.

The least the military should do is to airdrop some sand bags and some heavy weaponry like a mortar, a heavy machinegun, and an automatic grenade launcher. They probably already have the artillery ready to fire as soon as the order is given.
if there are Turkmen around that spot, as someone said before, perhaps they could collaborate and inform if they see suspicious movement towards the tomb, at least our soldiers would be prepared. if not the Turkmen, maybe a small squad in civil clothes can spread out around the tomb and keep an eye on movement. defending such an open and small place must be awful without proper defense. it's a good thing the media focuses on this topic, so that the pressure will increase for the govt and also a failure would be harsh from public, so i hope the govt realizes what is on stake.

Hmm, i dont know, special forces often operate with vehicles but this territorry is too small, i dont know how effective they would be there.

It's just for fast raid, you come in fast you hit them hard and leave the place, you land them near the enemy hit and leave.. it's simple just like akincilar..

It's just for fast raid, you come in fast you hit them hard and leave the place, you land them near the enemy hit and leave.. it's simple just like akincilar..
The problem is everthing outside this small peninsula is Syria, though i dont know what happens if they attack the territory and Turkey declares war on Isis, most probably an airstrike would happen.

The problem is everthing outside this small peninsula is Syria, though i dont know what happens if they attack the territory and Turkey declares war on Isis, most probably an airstrike would happen.

That should be least of our concern if that place come under attack, the area is not under government control anyway the country is being torn apart.. and as i said hit and run they will be gone before anyone would even notice it.

That should be least of our concern if that place come under attack, the area is not under government control anyway the country is being torn apart.. and as i said hit and run they will be gone before anyone would even notice it.
Well, we had this issue in the past like they are downing out jet and we their chopper so maybe they would use the excuse, who knows.

Well, we had this issue in the past like they are downing out jet and we their chopper so maybe they would use the excuse, who knows.

I forgot about that it would make it ofcourse impossible. but their air defences are they still working and fully operational you think?

The rebels destroyed many of them already.

I forgot about that it would make it ofcourse impossible. but their air defences are they still working and fully operational you think?

The rebels destroyed many of them already.
I have no clue, actually @500 is quiet well informed about the situation in Syria.

Quote from a ISIS jihadi, from the previous time they tried to mess with Turkey

Allahu akbar the turkish army has dipped its hands in the war in Shaam! Yesterday whilst we were whacking some FSA in al ra’i next to the Borders they sent a small kind of remote controlled plane over our heads, minutes later we were bombarded with explosives from Allah knows what kind of weaponry. The explosions were bigger than jet fighters, similiar to that from the huge barrel bombs helicopters occasionally drop. We had to retreat from the so far successful attack and took place behind some rocks for like an hour, night had come and no one could See much but if anyone moved an inch, it would be greeted with some 10-15 bullets flying inches above our heads lol we were literally lying on our backs watching them fly in front of our faces, it was like a scene from star wars with all the ‘zing’ noises and red lights, then the thunderclap noise of the bombs would come again, they would send 2 at a time wallahi it was like a storm, the flash from the turkey side, then the whilsting noise through the air and all we could do is lie flat waiting to see if it lands on our heads or not.

I'm pretty sure specops have got a couple of units on standby in case of an attack. Wouldn't be difficult for those guys to do an exfil. SAT team maybe?

Alright guys relax;

● There's 60% possibility that the cemetery compound will be attacked. But before that, we should know that;

● Currently 3rd Army Command is fully mobilized at the entire border with Syria.

● The border is also supplied by heavy air support (AH-1 Super Cobras, F16 jets...etc)

● Plus, there's an additional force consisting by Army Special Forces and Gendarmerie SOF, at border.

● How do you think they could manage to make it that long without logistics since the Syrian civil war ? We probably have another 25 outside the compound, operating covertly.

● The personnel being replaced when the civil war broke out can NOT be infantry. That 25 are either Gendarmerie SOF or ÖKK.

● The area surrounding the compound is within the range of Turkish artillery deployed on borders.

● Before all those facts, you should know that it's 35-37 kilometers to the border. It will NOT take more than 20 minutes to scramble QRF and Aerial assets.

Back
Top Bottom