What's new

Aleppo Clashes Threaten to Spill into Turkish Territory

Do we know how many soldiers stationed there atm?

It's origin is still just Arabic coffee. Turkish coffee is made after the more or less similar recipe of Arabic coffee which has a lot of versions.

The reason that it is called Turkish coffee (despite no coffee ever growing in Turkey and it originating from Horn of Africa/Yemen) is because coffee first came to Europe during the Battle of Vienna in 1683 on a bigger scale. The Christian/European forces that defeated the Ottomans discovered coffee beans which the Turkish army took with them and this way coffee spread in Europe on a big scale.

If I recall it was a Pole that made the first coffee shop in Vienna right after that battle.

The traditional tale of the origins of the Viennese café begins with the mysterious sacks of green beans left behind when the Turks were defeated in the Battle of Vienna in 1683. All the sacks of coffee were granted to the victorious Polish king Jan III Sobieski, who in turn gave them to one of his officers, Jerzy Franciszek Kulczycki. Kulczycki began the first coffeehouse in Vienna with the hoard. However, it is now widely accepted that the first coffeehouse was actually opened by an Armenian merchant named Hovannes Diodato.[25]

Coffeehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From your own link:

The earliest evidence of coffee drinking comes from 15th-century Yemen.[3] By the late 15th century and early 16th century, coffee had spread to Cairo and Mecca.[4][5] In the 1640s, the Ottoman chronicler İbrahim Pecevi reported the opening of the first coffeehouse in Istanbul.

“Until the year 962 (sc. AH, that is 1554-55 CE), in the High, God-Guarded city of Constantinople, as well as in Ottoman lands generally, coffee and coffeehouses did not exist. About that year, a fellow called Hâkem (Hakam) from Aleppo and a wag called Şems (Shams) from Damascus, came to the city: they each opened a large shop in the district called Tahtakale, and began to purvey coffee.[6]
In more recent times, the traditional drinking of Turkish coffee has been diminished by the growing availability of other hot beverages such as tea (grown locally and bought withouthard currency), instant coffee, and other modern styles of coffee.

In the Arab world, "Turkish" coffee is the most common kind of coffee. It is called Arabic coffee (qahwa ‘arabiyya, قهوة عربية ). Constructions such as "Egyptian coffee," "Syrian coffee," "Lebanese coffee," and "Iraqi coffee" draw a distinction in the flavor, preparation, or presentation of different kinds of Turkish coffee. In Jordan many drive-through coffee shops call it boiled coffee (qahwa ghali, قهوة غلي ) as opposed to the other kind of coffee that is pre-boiled in a big container and continuously heated which is called poured coffee (qahwa sabb, قهوة صب ).

For instance, an Egyptian using the term قهوة عربية qahwa 'arabiyya as distinct from قهوة مصرية qahwa masriyya would be distinguishing the Levantine from the Egyptian style of Turkish coffee. Some[who?] argue that what is known as Turkish coffee is actually very close to coffee that has been made for ages in Yemen, parts of Oman and South Western Saudi Arabia. In any case, there is a very distinguished Arabic coffee that is very common in Saudi Arabia and it is very different from what is known as Turkish coffee in terms of taste, smell and color.

Just a historical note, Suleyman Shah is not the grandfather of Osman I, since Suleyman Shah was the founder of Seljuk Sultanate of Rum they claimed to be descendent from him in order to gain right to rule.

But I don't know if this is the tomb of actual Suleyman Shah.

I don't think Assad is going to be defeated in current situation, I don't wish either, most of rebels are worse then him, their asses should be kicked, only after that Assad should be forced leave country to democracy.

It's origin is still just Arabic coffee. Turkish coffee is made after the more or less similar recipe of Arabic coffee which has a lot of versions.

The reason that it is called Turkish coffee (despite no coffee ever growing in Turkey and it originating from Horn of Africa/Yemen) is because coffee first came to Europe during the Battle of Vienna in 1683 on a bigger scale. The Christian/European forces that defeated the Ottomans discovered coffee beans which the Turkish army took with them and this way coffee spread in Europe on a big scale.

If I recall it was a Pole that made the first coffee shop in Vienna right after that battle.

From your own link:
We all know coffee is from yemen but still Turkish coffee isnt fake or something.

Also the preparation is different or not?

So, that wouldn't count as interfering in Arab affairs ?

Which meddling? The Child-Murderer attacked Turkey. You should have made a more severe reply. That's not meddling but just protecting yourself.

Besides no Arab country, aside from Iraq I believe, recognize the Child-Murderer. The Arab League kicked them out long ago.

From your own link:

Hey, i told you if you want a quick ban try Pakistan. Stop derailing the threads and wasting our time.

We all know coffee is from yemen but still Turkish coffee isnt fake or something.

Also the preparation is different or not?

Nobody said anything about "fake". I am just telling you that what you call Turkish coffee is just one Arabic version of coffee that originated in Sham.

We call it Arabic coffee for instance because for us this is just one version of Arabic coffee since that's the origin of it.

In any case since no coffee is grown in Turkey or ever been grown our Jewish friend @Yamam can be calm. That was the point.

Coffeehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From your own link:

The cofee bean is from the middle east thus the Arabs made the first coffee. The Turks have their own original version of Coffee. This doesn't mean that the turks copied coffee from the arabs 100%

Example:

Rice is from china thus the chinese made the first rice dish. The arabs have their own original version of a rice dish. This doesn't mean that the arabs copied rice from the chinese 100%

@everybody End of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody said anything about "fake". I am just telling you that what you call Turkish coffee is just one Arabic version of coffee that originated in Sham.

We call it Arabic coffee for instance because for us this is just one version of Arabic coffee since that's the origin of it.

In any case since no coffee is grown in Turkey or ever been grown our Jewish friend @Yamam can be calm.
Well, coffee doesnt grow in Turkey but we still have skills to make world famous and delicious coffee protected by unesco. ;)

The cofee bean is from the middle east thus the Arabs made the first coffee. The Turks have their own original version of Coffee. This doesn't mean that the turks copied coffee from the arabs 100%

Example:

Rice is from china thus the chinese made the first rice dish. The arabs have their own original version of a rice dish. This doesn't mean that the arabs copied rice from the chinese 100%

@everybody End of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Turkish version of coffee that you call Turkish coffee is just one version of Arabic coffee that was made in Sham. Read the history and sources posted.

Hence in the Arabic language it is just called Arabic coffee. The thing that you call Turkish coffee.

Just saying.

There are many different versions of coffee. In KSA I can think of dozens. Bitter, sweet etc.

Back
Top Bottom