What's new

Turkish Military History

It's not a bad idea at all, but as Kaan said, the quality of the equipment looks a bit flimsy, almost B movie quality. Nonetheless, the foreign media will see this too and will arouse exposure for those 16 empires and the history of Turkics. Better than nothing, imo.

How about Assasins Creed Janissarys? :D

Janissaries_Database_Image.png

Last edited:
I thought it was one time thing. If he is going to make this a regular thing with a state visit. We will be laughing stock of the world :lol: even janissary is problematic. They were basically slaves and corrupted the empire. Bringing them back would be sickening.
I think its a good idea the british have their own, and the french have. Probably other western countries have too. Imo they should all have the same uniforms though.

I think its a good idea the british have their own, and the french have. Probably other western countries have too. Imo they should all have the same uniforms though.

In my personal Opinion I think they should work further on the current Palace Guard Uniforms. I like them, its just those helmets, they need better ones. But lets make one thing clear, we are Turks we are a force who look forward to be a strong nation in future and not look back and envy of our ancestors in the past and sit back.

And this spirit should also be reflected in everything we wear and use as clothing and equipment.

one word: kitsch. vulgarism at its best. it would've been ok if they wore only ottoman uniforms, but this is really tasteless.

Completely opposite, they messed the left with right.

i wonder who prepared this list. akhun (hephtalites) are definitely not turkic. and there are some turkic states not included in this list. from top of my head: 1. bukhara khanate (lasted for exactly 420 years), 2. safavids, 3. khiva khanate (lasted for 409 years), 4. kyrgyz khaganate (lasted for more than 7 centuries). methink this list is the product of first decades of the republic and historical studies connected with güneş-dil teorisi.

one word: kitsch. vulgarism at its best. it would've been ok if they wore only ottoman uniforms, but this is really tasteless.

i wonder who prepared this list. akhun (hephtalites) are definitely not turkic. and there are some turkic states not included in this list. from top of my head: 1. bukhara khanate (lasted for exactly 420 years), 2. safavids, 3. khiva khanate (lasted for 409 years), 4. kyrgyz khaganate (lasted for more than 7 centuries). methink this list is the product of first decades of the republic and historical studies connected with güneş-dil teorisi.

As far as I know Hephtalites are founded by tribes who came from east, usually thought to be Turkic, but the locals were largely non-Turkic so ruling elite tended to accept local culture.

Yeah list is very simplistic.

They want to promote 'Diversity', like the iranians do in their yearly military parade..

As far as I know Hephtalites are founded by tribes who came from east, usually thought to be Turkic, but the locals were largely non-Turkic so ruling elite tended to accept local culture.

Yeah list is very simplistic.

nah, they were indo-european yuezhi IMO were driven out of tarim basin by rourans.

They want to promote 'Diversity', like the iranians do in their yearly military parade..

hey allahım, bişeye de özenmesinler :D

nah, they were indo-european yuezhi IMO were driven out of tarim basin by rourans.

hey allahım, bişeye de özenmesinler :D

I heard that it wasn't certain but Turkic theory was strong, had a debate about it at another forum.

I can understand Safavids but they should have at least included Akkoyunlu/Karakoyunlu. The enemity with Safavids was simply too intense in Ottoman history and lasted along their whole existence and beyond, so don't expect them to even consider it.

Last edited:
I can understand Safavids but they should have at least included Akkoyunlu/Karakoyunlu. The enemity with Safavids was simply too intense in Ottoman history and lasted along their whole existence and beyond, so don't expect them to even consider it.
do azeri see themselves as descendents of ottomans or Safavids?

Back
Top Bottom