What's new

Nawaz Shahrif India visit : Possible OutComes

npm

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
Now that we know that Mr. Sharif will be in India for the swearing ceremony of Mr.Modi (which is a good news) what are the possible things (good and bad both) which can come out of it

Good:
1. New leaf turned, cordial relations start and so does trade between the countries
2. Temporary hiatus on tensions / shelling on the border (Depends on Mr.Sharif's ability to command his military)

Bad:
1. Mr. Sharif's image will be damaged much. (ISI and Hardliners don't play nice and the popular opinion on India in Pakistan is not that great)
2. Increased shelling / terrorism or a major attack on India just to prove a point
3. Loose talk by either of visiting / hosting dignitaries can be a flash point and cause a diplomatic nightmare (esp considering the hardliners on either side)

In my opinion the bad's outweigh the good's. so why to run even before walk? What exactly is the game plan here.

One more question, who do you think Mr. Sharif will bring along with him in his entourage to show the world that his visit does have the backing of the Pakistani establishment or Policy Makers.

As always play nice, don't offend anyone. Just a discussion

-NPM

Last edited:
Do not have any expectation out of this meeting..... Most of the time the reason for dissatisfaction is over expectation.....

My assessment is that he is going to make a fool out of himself and embarrass his electorate.

How? if i may ask you

Do not have any expectation out of this meeting..... Most of the time the reason for dissatisfaction is over expectation.....

How? if i may ask you

Huzoor NS is known for is spectacular stunts. He takes the pledge but lacks the ability to live up to it. No tangible benefits will come from his little 'hugely----space------unpopular adventure'.

Huzoor NS is known for is spectacular stunts. He takes the pledge but lacks the ability to live up to it. No tangible benefits will come from his little 'hugely----space------unpopular adventure'.

The best out come could be, A informal discussion and promises to take this forward.....

Let us keep Nawaz out for a while..... Modi would a be PM for few hours (when the talks happens), it will take time for him to get some inputs from agencies and decide on the actual policy (though he may be having broad plans)

Nothing will come out - From India it was diplomatic trick to show that their controversial PM wants peace, and Pakistan decided not to give chance to drama queens to say that look it's Pakistan who don't want peace. So, it was diplomatic move & counter move - nothing good/bad will happen - If both PMs & their aides keep their mouth zipped in front of sensational Indian media.

Some say there may be a coup in pakistan while nawaz is visiting India.

Whatever modi is... but before his leading state career I must admitted is... he is FAR FAR FAR Better politician thn this gaanja... look how he played... first against Anti-Pak slogan he got votes... after become head of state.. first invite NS... double shots... ... If NS not accept his invitation, Modi start criticizing PAkistan in front of the world that when we invited NS and first hand towards friendship Pakistan rejected... and If NS join his ceremony.. another side... NS got under target in Media... Indian TV channels particular Anti-Pak Media in India start bashing Pakistan when NS arrive... asking questions about Mumbai Atacks to NS ... soo on... seriously Modi is SMART!

Who are those some? PDFers

Some think-tanks and foreign analysts. It is an idea to be explored. Many coups have started when the Head of State was out of the country. Besides don't most pakistanis support an army raj?

Some think-tanks and foreign analysts. It is an idea to be explored. Many coups have started when the Head of State was out of the country. Besides don't most pakistanis support an army raj?

In Pakistan all the coups happened when head of state was in Pakistan - So, i don't think think-thanks you listen actually have brain to think.

In Pakistan all the coups happened when head of state was in Pakistan - So, i don't think think-thanks you listen actually have brain to think.

Now that you said this, one should ask him which Think Tank he was referring to...... :P

Now that we know that Mr. Sharif will be in India for the swearing ceremony of Mr.Modi (which is a good news) what are the possible things (good and bad both) which can come out of it

Good:
1. New leaf turned, cordial relations start and so does trade between the countries
2. Temporary hiatus on tensions / shelling on the border (Depends on Mr.Sharif's ability to command his military)

Bad:
1. Mr. Sharif's image will be damaged much. (ISI and Hardliners don't play nice and the popular opinion on India in Pakistan is not that great)
2. Increased shelling / terrorism or a major attack on India just to prove a point
3. Loose talk by either of visiting / hosting dignitaries can be a flash point and cause a diplomatic nightmare (esp considering the hardliners on either side)

In my opinion the bad's outweigh the good's. so why to run even before walk? What exactly is the game plan here.

One more question, who do you think Mr. Sharif will bring along with him in his entourage to show the world that his visit does have the backing of the Pakistani establishment or Policy Makers.

As always play nice, don't offend anyone. Just a discussion

-NPM
The most likely outcome is that Sharif goes home realizing Modi is not the hindu chauvinist bully he has been painted to be, and is genuinely committed to a mutually beneficial relationship.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom