What's new

Russia & China Gas Deal : Impact on India

Why India imports Israeli radars and missiles and American turbines for Kolkata destroyers is beyond me :hitwall:

our governments are not fools/stupid, they do know India is still kind of more inclined to support Russia over the U.S/West.

Well, that is true, and right too IMHO. Russia is a time tested ally, so isn't it bound to enjoy a greater trust of India over the western nations? Unlike the US, Russia respects our sovereignty. Even though the Indian arms market is one reason why Russia has been extending goodwill to India, but so what? Each nation ought to prioritize the safety of it's own interests before that of others, and unlike the US, Russia has been doing it without adversely affecting the interests of India.

So why do you want our support when you have issues with China?

Well the thing is, we cannot contain China, and ironically, you on your own cannot either.

It will have to make crucial decisions that will be critical for its future direction as a country in the coming decade.

And this will be not aligning either with Russia or US, but resolving our issues with China. We have to concede we cannot possibly be, as of today, on par with China financially, technologically or militarily. In the future, maybe. But being an ally of China (we share the same issues against the west, not to the same extent, but we do) is advantage India.

\India shouldnt see anything wrong in China asserting her influence/protecting chinese interests in Asia and SCS, so China should interevene where her inetrests are threatened as well. \

By all means, yes. We have no business with what China has been doing to other nations. The only bone of contention is that China, currently, cannot be termed as an ally of India and thus, it is common in diplomacy: You scratch our back now, we'll scratch yours later." India is just keeping it's options open until we can come to terms with China. US (and possibly Russia as well) has been doing nothing but taking advantage of the trust deficit between China and India so as to expand their defence market, more to the latter.

they still see the west as an example of what they want to be in terms of living standard and openess towards other countries/foreigners.:-)

True that. We envy the western standards, it is at it's zenith :-) But hey, work in progress here!

The alternative is it can stop crying about China and solve its problem with China bilateraly and live happily ever after with its neighbours.:pakistan::china:....:D....wishful thinking.:cheesy:

Wishful thinking for you, but the only pragmatic solution to me. We can come to terms with China (we cannot possibly be at peace with pakistan even after another 100 years, if we haven't nuked each other by then ;p), our political leadership just needs to show the will. (and I expect Modi to deliver on this!) We just need to peacefully co-exist with China, and I find one common ground - Tackling Islamic extremists, which will be a problem for both nations once the NATO troops pull out of Afghanistan.

That said, I'll repeat my stand again. The world sees us switching sides often, but the truth is, we are not interested in taking either side, and why should we? Nations support us for a reason, for they see the economic opportunities that any developing nation offers, so we're not the only ones benefiting from this arrangement.

Last edited:
Well, that is true, and right too IMHO. Russia is a time tested ally, so isn't it bound to enjoy a greater trust of India over the western nations? Unlike the US, Russia respects our sovereignty. Even though the Indian arms market is one reason why Russia has been extending goodwill to India, but so what? Each nation ought to prioritize the safety of it's own interests before that of others, and unlike the US, Russia has been doing it without adversely affecting the interests of India.

well yes you are right, i know India is still living in the romantic days of U.S.S.R friendship/brotherhood. But Russia isnt a friend to India. no country is a friend to another. It interests just happened to allign by having India as an ally against the west back during the cold war. Today its different, Russia interests align more with China than India. India is just offers a market to dump their weapons(which we can offer you way more better quality than that) and gain cash needed for their militray modernization. But with China they have more than just that, since their world views/interests are similar. So they can work together openly to counter the west, meanwhile with India they have to be careful/hide their intentions since India wont side with them against the west.

Well the thing is, we cannot contain China, and ironically, you on your own cannot either.

lol Nobody expected you to contain china in the forst place bro. Even Japan who is way way way more advance/develop and bigger economically than you doesnt have a chance to/cant contain China, much less India. Thats why the U.S is trying to rally its Asian allies Japan,Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines,South Korea(though i will say south Korea is even more anti-japanese than chinese.lol:rofl:), and trying to pull vietnam into an alliance(though i dont think vietnam will fall for it. since their commie government is scared to death of a U.S democratic arab spring.:D) against China. Yes i know even the U.S alone can't contain China, but it sure can be an irritant to it in Asia so as to delay its rise as much as possible while expecting an unforseen incident will happen that will delay/stop its rise:D(though i must say its too late, China cant be contained for the reasons i mentioned in another thread on here).
And this will be not aligning either with Russia or US, but resolving our issues with China. We have to concede we cannot possibly be, as of today, on par with China financially, technologically or militarily. In the future, maybe. But being an ally of China (we share the same issues against the west, not to the same extent, but we do) is advantage India.
yes in a very distant future who knows maybe you can catch up with China(
lets just hope). But as of today and more alarming in short term future say 15 years from now, im afraid China will be so much bigger/powerful economically/militarily so much that India and all Asia countries+Russia put together will still be way more smaller than China economically, and militarily it will have only the U.S as main competitor. :usflag:The gap between India will be so vast that it will be like comparing the U.S and mexico/venezuela. By then China will simply be a defacto Leader/hegemon in Asia as all asian countries economy will be heavily dependent on it, the way america continent is dependent on the U.S. The only country in this region who will be able to stand upto to china will/is the U.S, other countries will just be minor players/irritants to thier relationship.

By all means, yes. We have no business with what China has been doing to other nations. The only bone of contention is that China, currently, cannot be termed as an ally of India and thus, it is common in diplomacy: You scratch our back now, we'll scratch yours later." India is just keeping it's options open until we can come to terms with China. US (and possibly Russia as well) has been doing nothing but taking advantage of the trust deficit between China and India so as to expand their defence market, more to the latter.

Yes agree with you completely on this point. It will way more beneficial for India and China to be partners/allies than rivals/ennemies. But then again i heard/read recently that it was India through its forward policy who started the 1962 war with China. So maybe you should blame your leaders for keeping the truth to your people for so long and damaging any solution for your border issues. so you cant blame the west and Russia for taking advantage of your situation with China. we only seek our interests nothing more.:agree:

True that. We envy the western standards, it is at it's zenith :-) But hey, wok in progress here!

Good at least you are honest bro. appreciate that.:cheers::tup:

Wishful thinking for you, but the only pragmatic solution to me. We can come to terms with China (we cannot possibly be at peace with pakistan even after another 100 years, if we haven't nuked each other by then ;p), our political leadership just needs to show the will. (and I expect Modi to deliver on this!) We just need to peacefully co-exist with China, and I find one common ground - Tackling Islamic extremists, which will be a problem for both nations once the NATO troops pull out of Afghanistan.

well, yes its true maybe you can come to terms with China, then it will be even more far reaching than you think, because China can even mediate betwen you and pakistan to come to good terms and even be partners, this will also reduce competition/suspicion of India about China in south asian countries with whom china is in good terms like bengladesh, Sri lanka, nepal, Maldives etc. This will enable India and china to work together doing so will mean India can divert the large amount it spends on military/weapons to much needed sectors of its economy to uplift its poor and develop ,more faster. Thats why i think China is the only country who can Unite Asia if it really wants to. since its the biggest country by land. economy and population and shares borders with several countries in this region. From Japan-Korea-philippines,-India-Vietnam-south asia-Malaysia. China holds the key to solving/bringing all these countries together if it really tries hard/make some sharing concessions. though of course Uncle Sam might be there to act as spoiler(protect its interests.:enjoy:)

That said, I'll repeat my stand again. The world sees us switching sides often, but the truth is, we are not interested in taking either side, and why should we? Nations support us for a reason, for they see the economic opportunities that any developing nation offers, so we're not the only ones benefiting from this arrangement.

well you do take Russia sides or abstain most of the times. so dont say you dont take sides.lol :D. But yes, you are a developing country and have a huge wealth gap/difference with the West/U.S. So i understand if you have more similar interests with China and Russia. In which case stop asking for our support and stand on your own like China and Russia do(else you will be noticed but never respected as you desire).:enjoy:.

SU 35 deal is claimed false every 6 months it reappears by your own Chinese brethren. JF 17 engines dependence is good as the spare parts can be made to stop up in the vent of war.

Russia is having multi billion dollar ventures like PAKFA with India, they sell us Aircraft Carriers and nuke subs something no country will ever do. This is because our friendship is built on trust and faith not money and bluffing.

If India shared a land border with Russia we would have got one too. We ship it for now.

Oil India buys 50% stake in Russian oil block for $85 million - The Economic Times

Take an Asprin and read my reply.

Read it. Not impressed. The moves with China now is on another level. India "friendhship" is not concrete. Allinaces change all the time whether you like it or not. PAKFA is not a great deal for us when much of the work is already done. Aircraft carrier? You sound lame after all the price escalations we have seen...and nuke subs were rented to us.

We did share a land border with Russia almost. If we still possessed a complete Kashmir, Russia would have made sure to keep a small piece of land to connect with us thru Central Asia. Don't believe me? Look at a map. We clearly had no vision for decades and our policies are not real world. Seems we are still living in a fantasy, thinking we can be friends with both the US and Russia.

You act as if being able to buy these weapons is a great thing! China buys what it wants. Sure, it is denied at times but their priority and focus is their domestic industry at all times. It never sways.

Sometimes, you got to keep it real for a honest assessment, otherwise we come across as blind fools.

China is never going to be an ally. It is a bully. You are mixing up their military leadership and their civilians leadership , which are 2 different things. China is not stupid. It will not start conflict with all its neighbors at the same time. One at a time, is the best strategy. Its support of Pakistan is unquesitonable, yet you make BS claims of building of friendship based on what, terrorism? Are you kidding? You don't see who is pulling the strings in Pakistan? The Military and ISI have close links to the military in CHina. Who has been supporting the Northeast rebles? Who gives them shelter at times? Seriously, clueless....

Its great to believe the ish you write but be real. India cannot think it will be able to be best friends with both Russia and the US....and reap benefits. Its very narrowminded to think so. Time to make some bold decisions.

What I do suggest, is Modi to act as a bridge for both Russia and the US to state their complaints and bring them together. With all the mutual mistrust, its not an easy job. Plus, Modi will be too preoccupied with India.

None of these leaders have a real roadmap for peace and a vision of the future. I do but they don;t hear though.

As always, you fail to understand the gist of our foreign policy.

1.) We do not 'just take sides' on international stage, like much of Europe follows suit wherever US leads. Like, for example, you pointed out India abstaining from voting on Syrian resolution. Now you put this in very simple terms and state we have gone against your interests. But rather, that was an application of a consistent foreign policy, which primarily aims at not undermining any other nation's sovereignty, something which is US' forte.

As for Ukraine, our external affairs ministry has resisted to align with the Russians, and it is only our National Security Adviser who has called for a diplomatic and peaceful solution to the crisis, in the way, recognizing 'legitimate Russian interests'. I do not see anything wrong here. If there's any duplicity to be seen here, it is rather the US'. Leading the global war on terror, irrespective of the collateral damage it has caused, all in the name of 'national security'. And when Russia does the same for protecting Russians, US led NATO countries escalate this into a crisis.

2.) Our economic influence, at present, may not be at par with that of Japan or such nations, but we do have the potential to not only expand, but also surpass these nations, which is what counts at the end of the day. We're still a developing nation, with a lot of internal issues to deal with first.

3.) You guys having a smart foreign policy? Now that's a first. The only policy that I have seen you guys following is that of the US'.

4.) And finally, why do we need to take sides in the first place? A more pragmatic way would be to resolve our issues with China bilaterally, and this is what we expect from the new government. Aligning with US is only going to result in an unstable neighborhood, and we are not willing to commit the same blunders as some of our political leadership has committed in the past. We want good relations with our neighbors (you can count out Pakistan, it is just natural), but particularly good relations with China.

1. Ok

2. Yeah developing economic power.

3. Better than India.....who keeps flip flopping on various issues.

4. Sounds like a mistake Nehru made. Stop dreaming and wake up. Look at the facts over the yrs.

YOu say count Pakistan out, yet make amends for China. You simply do not understand the Pak-China relations. It's more important than us.

By same coin, India and US too have signed a gas deal.Will this mean US will openly back India in any conflict with China ?
Don't think so.

And BTW
Russia Prepares Mega-Deal With India After Locking Up China With "Holy Grail" Gas Deal

Last week we reported that while the West was busy alienating Russia in every diplomatic way possible, without of course exposing its crushing overreliance on Russian energy exports to keep European industries alive, Russia was just as busy cementing its ties with China, in this case courtesy of Europe's most important company, Gazprom, which is preparing to announce the completion of a "holy grail" natural gas supply deal to Beijing. We also noted the following: "And as if pushing Russia into the warm embrace of the world's most populous nation was not enough, there is also the second most populated country in the world, India." Today we learn just how prescient this particular comment also was, when Reuters reported that Rosneft, the world's top listed oil producer by output, may join forces with Indian state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp to supply oil to India over the long term, the Russian state-controlled company said on Tuesday.

Rosneft CEO Igor Sechin, an ally of President Vladimir Putin, travelled to India on Sunday, part of a wider Asian trip to shore up ties with eastern allies at a time when Moscow is being shunned by the West over its annexation of Crimea.

With EU nations threatening to cut their reliance on Russian oil and gas, Russian officials have started to look East.

Rosneft said it had also agreed with ONGC they may join forces in Rosneft's yet-to-be built liquefied natural gas plant in the far east of Russia to the benefit of Indian consumers.

We just have one question: will payment for crude and LNG be made in Rubles or Rupees? Or in gold. Because it certainly won't be in dollars.

Rosneft, which is increasing oil flows to Asia to diversify away from Europe, did not provide any additional details but said it had discussed potential cooperation with Reliance Industries and Indian Oil.

It did not have to: it is quite clear what is going on. While the US is bumbling every possible foreign policy move in Ukraine (and how could it not with John Kerry at the helm), and certainly in the middle east, where it is alienating Israel and Saudi just to get closer to Iran, Russia is aggressively cementing the next, biggest (certainly in terms of population and natural resources), and most important New Normal geopolitical Eurasian axis: China - Russia - India

Russia Prepares Mega-Deal With India After Locking Up China With "Holy Grail" Gas Deal | Zero Hedge

Why India imports Israeli radars and missiles and American turbines for Kolkata destroyers is beyond me :hitwall:

Can't produce the radars and engines.

Making warships is different from making engines and its weapons and surveillance tech.

Years of fooling the Indian public from different PSUs has reduced us to importing all the equipment and simply assembling it.

This is a bit of exaggeration but simply put, our defence capability is very poor.

I agree with all your points except 3 . You simply cant match China with cash, their forex reserve alone is twice your GDP. and moreover you cant be making similar deals when you don't share a border with Russia/don't really need it. You just can't spend such a huge sum of money just because you want to match China or show your ego. You will go bankrupt if you try to match them cash for cash. Best solution is to forget Russia and ally with the U.S (but still maintain your trade with Russia). long term it will be beneficial to India, since Russia is a declinig power and India and other countries will soon even overtake Russia in the coming years/decades. Afterall you are a democratic country. Leave authoritarian Russia and China to share their hatred/challenge they have towards the west/U.S..
your last point is what i have been saying to your indian brothers, but they still seem to think they can be with Russia and the West/U.S at the same time. Laughable.:D

Point 4 is not feasible. What's not to say China will change tactics and flex when its in a better position? We have seen with just a little power, how China has flexed its muscle considerably in the world. Now consider what happens when they are more developed?

I have a question for you? Why did the West miss the writing on the wall again? I mean with Modi? A blind retard could see he was going to be elected yrs ago. And on top of that, why the rush to ban visa's to him? Why... when so many other leaders are not subjected to such treatment?

Was the West trying to appease the other political party, Congress? Or was it trying to play both sides of the fence? Or did the West try to nip a potential candidate who could fundamentally change India?

What you stated about Indian playing both the US and Russia is true. In the long run, it's not going to work. There is a serious indication, it will backfire in India's face big time. India and Indians need to realize that while they are a valuable potential partner, its all still potentia and on paper. But what I noticed on this forum also, which could speak of a broader implications on the population as a whole is a lot of misinformaiton and mixed feelings. Maybe the US and the West should publicize more effectively the good will it has done for India? Note the supply of weapons in times of needs, the support and pressure it gave in the UN, ppl to ppl contact, etc. Note how the Communist Party in India was ready to throw India under the bs for China. People cannot forgot that.

There are quite a few missteps the West have done. Media portrayal of Indian in unflattering terms has been quite regular in recent times. Instead of focusing on the good, there is coverage on the negative. Staff in the US embassies have been recorded making stupid, insensitive remarks. Continous highlighting of the rape issues in India leaves a bad taste. Nobody is defending such action, but the West can be more productive and sensitive in its critique. Offer solutions, instead of drumming up the same ol crap. Educate the massess about what is wrong. Sure, who like to hear another country lecture another, but use media and a host of other unaffilated personalities. Learn the art of persuasion while understanding the culture locally.

The West has also shown how they flip flip on various issues. Everyone is watching. You go to war on communisum yet become buddy buddy with China? What happened to all the points against it? You support terror when its conivenient. Keep hush when it affects others, but go to war when it affects you. Why do you think 9/11 had ppl in third world smirking?

By same coin, India and US too have signed a gas deal.Will this mean US will openly back India in any conflict with China ?
Don't think so.

And BTW
Russia Prepares Mega-Deal With India After Locking Up China With "Holy Grail" Gas Deal

Last week we reported that while the West was busy alienating Russia in every diplomatic way possible, without of course exposing its crushing overreliance on Russian energy exports to keep European industries alive, Russia was just as busy cementing its ties with China, in this case courtesy of Europe's most important company, Gazprom, which is preparing to announce the completion of a "holy grail" natural gas supply deal to Beijing. We also noted the following: "And as if pushing Russia into the warm embrace of the world's most populous nation was not enough, there is also the second most populated country in the world, India." Today we learn just how prescient this particular comment also was, when Reuters reported that Rosneft, the world's top listed oil producer by output, may join forces with Indian state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp to supply oil to India over the long term, the Russian state-controlled company said on Tuesday.

Rosneft CEO Igor Sechin, an ally of President Vladimir Putin, travelled to India on Sunday, part of a wider Asian trip to shore up ties with eastern allies at a time when Moscow is being shunned by the West over its annexation of Crimea.

With EU nations threatening to cut their reliance on Russian oil and gas, Russian officials have started to look East.

Rosneft said it had also agreed with ONGC they may join forces in Rosneft's yet-to-be built liquefied natural gas plant in the far east of Russia to the benefit of Indian consumers.

We just have one question: will payment for crude and LNG be made in Rubles or Rupees? Or in gold. Because it certainly won't be in dollars.

Rosneft, which is increasing oil flows to Asia to diversify away from Europe, did not provide any additional details but said it had discussed potential cooperation with Reliance Industries and Indian Oil.

It did not have to: it is quite clear what is going on. While the US is bumbling every possible foreign policy move in Ukraine (and how could it not with John Kerry at the helm), and certainly in the middle east, where it is alienating Israel and Saudi just to get closer to Iran, Russia is aggressively cementing the next, biggest (certainly in terms of population and natural resources), and most important New Normal geopolitical Eurasian axis: China - Russia - India

Russia Prepares Mega-Deal With India After Locking Up China With "Holy Grail" Gas Deal | Zero Hedge

This is certainly a development but its all talk. Gaining a 50% stake on a block is peanuts compared to what China gained. We will see what happens.

When the rest of the world is trying it best to move to others sources of energy, we are making very little development on that front. Pollution in India is killing us, and soon it will be so hard and expenisve to clean up its even possible to do so. Has anyone ever considered what are he consequences of global warming for India?

Can't produce the radars and engines.

Making warships is different from making engines and its weapons and surveillance tech.

Years of fooling the Indian public from different PSUs has reduced us to importing all the equipment and simply assembling it.

This is a bit of exaggeration but simply put, our defence capability is very poor.

Yes bro you are right on this. As i said before, India still depends alot from foreign powers for most of her defence needs. This is why though India is a big country, it is still not respected by either U.S, China , Russia, U.K, or France. Somehow the west and Russia have been trying sucessfuly in making india depedent on them for its defence needs. This has led to a situation where the country spends alot of money to import weapons/arms which otherwise could even be produced by its own loal companies thus giving them the necessary foundation needed to produce more sophisticated weapons. This will have also enabled them to acquire experience with time as the weapon system matures, but this hasnt been the case since the country has been favoring imports than local production(especially in critical arms). Sometimes it's as if it will have been better if we sanctioned India from Importing weapons like Iran and China. Maybe this will have helped the country indegenise its defence industry more. Import is not the problem since you many country import weapons as well, but importing critical weapons and neglating your local defence industry is the real problem, since this creates dependence and corruption as well. In regard to this, i will say China is at least 15 years ahead of India in this secto, and if things dont change in India 10 years from now with the coming of 'Messiah Modi' then im afraid the gap will be so big that it will be like comparing the U.S and Mexico. :D:cheesy:

Yes bro you are right on this. As i said before, India still depends alot from foreign powers for most of her defence needs. This is why though India is a big country, it is still not respected by either U.S, China , Russia, U.K, or France. Somehow the west and Russia have been trying sucessfuly in making india depedent on them for its defence needs. This has led to a situation where the country spends alot of money to import weapons/arms which otherwise could even be produced by its own loal companies thus giving them the necessary foundation needed to produce more sophisticated weapons. This will have also enabled them to acquire experience with time as the weapon system matures, but this hasnt been the case since the country has been favoring imports than local production(especially in critical arms). Sometimes it's as if it will have been better if we sanctioned India from Importing weapons like Iran and China. Maybe this will have helped the country indegenise its defence industry more. Import is not the problem since you many country import weapons as well, but importing critical weapons and neglating your local defence industry is the real problem, since this creates dependence and corruption as well. In regard to this, i will say China is at least 15 years ahead of India in this secto, and if things dont change in India 10 years from now with the coming of 'Messiah Modi' then im afraid the gap will be so big that it will be like comparing the U.S and Mexico. :D:cheesy:
saale... :mad:

indian ho kya?? :D ya pakistani?? :D

Point 4 is not feasible. What's not to say China will change tactics and flex when its in a better position? We have seen with just a little power, how China has flexed its muscle considerably in the world. Now consider what happens when they are more developed?

lol well, to be honest China has been quite restraint giving its size and position in the world now, In fact even the U.K will have reacted much more agressively in its foreign policy than China if we had a large economy like they do.lol well even now we still act above our weight, while China acts well below its weight. Mind you if India was as big/influential as China ican assure it will been acting way more belligerantly than China IMO.:D

I have a question for you? Why did the West miss the writing on the wall again? I mean with Modi? A blind retard could see he was going to be elected yrs ago. And on top of that, why the rush to ban visa's to him? Why... when so many other leaders are not subjected to such treatment?

Well its the U.S who denied him Visa mainly due to his role in the riots against muslims in Gujarat. Our government just followed suit since we are a junior patner to uncle sam.:disagree::usflag:

Was the West trying to appease the other political party, Congress? Or was it trying to play both sides of the fence? Or did the eWest try to nip a potential candidate who could fundamentally change India?

Yes i believed they were trying to play to the congress while discrediting Modi as well. It was rather a miscalculation i must say. But hey every policy we have does has advanatages and disadavantages. In this regard China has less things to worry about since it doesnt give a shit about ideology/who is in power, it just deals with any regime(whether its pro china or not), this gives them an advantage as well, but sometimes it also less advantageous in case the regime in place has been placed by/is supported by the west.

What you stated about Indian playing both the US and Russia is true. In the long run, it's not going to work. There is a serious indication, it will backfire in India's face big time. India and Indians need to realize that while they are a valuable potential partner, its all still potentia and on paper. But what I noticed on this forum also, which could speak of a broader implications on the population as a whole is a lot of misinformaiton and mixed feelings. Maybe the US and the West should publicize more effectively the good will it has done for India? Note the supply of weapons in times of needs, the support and pressure it gave in the UN, ppl to ppl contact, etc. Note how the Communist Party in India was ready to throw India under the bs for China. People cannot forgot that.
There are quite a few missteps the West have done. Media portrayal of Indian in unflattering terms has been quite regular in recent times. Instead of focusing on the good, there is coverage on the negative. Staff in the US embassies have been recorded making stupid, insensitive remarks. Continous highlighting of the rape issues in India leaves a bad taste. Nobody is defending such action, but the West can be more productive and sensitive in its critique. Offer solutions, instead of drumming up the same ol crap. Educate the massess about what is wrong. Sure, who like to hear another country lecture another, but use media and a host of other unaffilated personalities. Learn the art of persuasion while understanding the culture locally.

yes its true our media over emphasizes on Indias negative aspects. I think it has to do with the fact that, India is still not respected enough by our governments since it still relies alot on foreign powers for its defence needs and its porverty is still very visible in big cities unlike say Vietnam or even Indonesia. As for India playing both the U.S and Russia, yes you are right it will backfire surely if it keeps this policy for long, since it will be watch with suspicion by both. The thing is, as i have said before, India doesnt really have a clear vision of what position it wants for itself in the world(Unlike China and Russia), its foreign policy is very ineffective/disorganize, and its watch with suspicion by all its neighbours(who dont really have to rely on India since there is nothing India can offer them which they cant get better from foreign powers like China, U.S, France or Russia etc).

The West has also shown how they flip flip on various issues. Everyone is watching. You go to war on communisum yet become buddy buddy with China? What happened to all the points against it? You support terror when its conivenient. Keep hush when it affects others, but go to war when it affects you. Why do you think 9/11 had ppl in third world smirking?

Lol Bro im aurprised to see/hear you say such a thing, you should know every country is only after their interests, theres is no such a thing as friends or whatever. If our interest aligns with China as it did back then, then we will work with them. Ideology was just a tool used in furthering this interests and bringing people on our side mainly through propanganda. Politics is never a white vs black thing. Nobody or country is clean in politics. Friends are not permanent,only interest are permanent.:D Unfotunately thats how geo politics works. the U.S fought Vietnam supported mainly by China and the Soviets, but now the U.S is trying to lure vietnam awat from China and Russia. So in politics everything is permitted. communism or not, it doesnt matter as far as our interests match. So stop this 'democratic'(which i dont think it is by the way, neither the U.K is either. IMO) india stuff

Back
Top Bottom