What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could ask these questions elsewhere. Also have you ever heard of an Indian ever voting for Lord Nazir in Britain-he is a champion among Pakistani community which heavily votes him in constantly. I have been to gerard to and my sister made a documentary on Thorncliffe. Those guys would slap anyone who says a word against Pakistan. When asked would they return to Pakistan if things improved all said yes. 5 people were asked, all said yes and each of them said they did something for their country, 1 of them was a guy who was a total angrez, 2nd or 3rd generation Canadian-Pakistani.

Only the Pakistanis do and that guy is more Pakistani than a dozen MQM supporters who call partition a mistake and a dozen Afghanistan-lovers who want them to take over our country.

@Talon say something! You can't defend the decisions of your parents?

@LoveIcon what is the best way to troll a forum section that is made for trolling and spam? It is posting large paragraphs and posts that make sense. This way I might piss @Hyperion enough to give an e-mail interview. :argh:

I didn't comment on their loyalty or patriotism I simply asked a question that what was the point of crying yourselves hoarse demanding an end to colonialism & asking the British to go back to Britain if we're going to become their loyal subjects again ?

If its economic prosperity that proved to be elusive in Pakistan & was ever present there in than one might be justified in asking what was the point of creating your own country; the British had their act together over here with a lot of economic development across the length & breadth of this country. The build most of our public infrastructure, our bureaucracy, our entire railway system, countless barrages & the irrigation network - they invested quiet a bit to make this area developed. Their racism & their colonial mindset would have been washed away as inevitably it was & now they are a fairly civilized society expounding human dignity & rights for all & sundry. Are there any bumps along the way...is there an exception to their civility ? Indeed but then again where isn't else that isn't present ? Perhaps if we had remained a part of Britain that civility could have been perpetuated & its advent hastened by many a decades ?

If our lives are contingent on the promise of a good life & a good job in a stable environment then why in God's name did we fight for a separate homeland to begin with ? When we could have gotten all of that in due time as loyal subjects of the King Emperor ?

Was the worth of our nation & the promise of whatever it held so cheap that we'd jump ship for greener pastures because of inconvenience in our present lives ?

This isn't why nations are formed & this isn't how they are build up into something that reflects our past glories & can be the pride of posterity for ages to come !

What was the point of anywhere in excess of 5 million people immigrating to Pakistan & more than a million dying along the way, for millions of Indian Muslims to chant for Pakistan despite knowing that many of them won't be able to make it ?

What does all of that sacrifice trickle down to ? Bread on the table & a penny in the pocket ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Talon Yup, I have seen the dark side. :D

Guys, she can be quite nasty. Pink Pony is just a facade, there is lioness there. :D

P.S. Don't use that word, P***, its considered as an insult. You unknowingly did, few people will use it as an excuse.

I didn't comment on their loyalty or patriotism I simply asked a question that what was the point of crying yourselves hoarse demanding an end to colonialism & asking the British to go back to Britain if we're going to become their loyal subjects again ?

If its economic prosperity that proved to be elusive in Pakistan & was ever present there in than one might be justified in asking what was the point of creating your own country; the British had their act together over here with a lot of economic development across the length & breadth of this country. The build most of our public infrastructure, our bureaucracy, our entire railway system, countless barrages & the irrigation network - they invested quiet a bit to make this area developed. Their racism & their colonial mindset would have been washed away as inevitably it was & now they are a fairly civilized society expounding human dignity & rights for all & sundry. Are there any bumps along the way...is there an exception to their civility ? Indeed but then again where isn't else that isn't present ? Perhaps if we had remained a part of Britain that civility could have been perpetuated & its advent hastened by many a decades ?

If our lives are contingent on the promise of a good life & a good job in a stable environment then why in God's name did we fight for a separate homeland to begin with ? When we could have gotten all of that in due time as loyal subjects of the King Emperor ?

Was the worth of our nation & the promise of whatever it held so cheap that we'd jump ship for greener pastures because of inconvenience in our present lives ?

This isn't why nations are formed & this isn't how they are build up into something that reflects our past glories & can be the pride of posterity for ages to come !

What was the point of anywhere in excess of 5 million people immigrating to Pakistan & more than a million dying along the way, for millions of Indian Muslims to chant for Pakistan despite knowing that many of them won't be able to make it ?

What does all of that sacrifice trickle down to ? Bread on the table & a penny in the pocket ?
@Armstrong : wow you are making a good point, I mean even in canada most people after college leave for the states to make more money because the six figure salary in canada will not allow them to buy a yatch. Your point kind of makes my earlier point about nationalism somewhat useless as economic interest do kind of flip the equation. Good point, never thought about the economic perspective especially in this global market, I think nationalism might be a dieing dinosaur after all

@Armstrong Have you imagined those people who created your country but left to UK or other countries, carried their country's name, some brought back the knowledge, some helped those who came just to study but returned, some kept sending money back home which built the nation.

I am proud of many of our NRIs. Even being there, they didn't forgot their culture, made their own place and adjusted with them and propagated Indian feelings, values, cultures and customs. This all helped in building soft power. They worked hard that made an impression and foreigners employed and educated more Indians in their universities. Entire world knows India mainly because of them.

Sometimes I think they did more for their country than people like us who want to but never do anything but we ask them questions.

Talking to foreign Pakistanis, I learned that they are quite well settled in other countries and made good name for their country whereas people living in Pakistan created bad image.

We should always respect them.

@haviZsultan Here is the answer.

We are fine what about you?

Went to cousins wedding on the weekend to Houston. Had a blast. :bunny:

Yaar do something for this @Marshmallow She is asking for senior membership and cry daily. Its hard to take care of this baby. :D

Entire Naswar Corner looks like Pediatrics center. :lol:

She is the cutest member of the PDF. I think she should get that title if all the naswarians agree. :D

Last edited:
408266_10152439899415363_1579043055_n.jpg

@Armstrong Have you imagined those people who created your country but left to UK or other countries, carried their country's name, some brought back the knowledge, some helped those who came just to study but returned, some kept sending money back home which built the nation.

I am proud of many of our NRIs. Even being there, they didn't forgot their culture, made their own place and adjusted with them and propagated Indian feelings, values, cultures and customs. This all helped in building soft power. They worked hard that made an impression and foreigners employed and educated more Indians in their universities. Entire world knows India mainly because of them.

Sometimes I think they did more for their country than people like us who want to but never do anything but we ask them questions.

Talking to foreign Pakistanis, I learned that they are quite well settled in other countries and made good name for their country whereas people living in Pakistan created bad image.

We should always respect them.

I didn't disrespect them in anyway possible; I simply asked a question : What does the need for a separate homeland comes down to if freedom & independence are just two euphemisms for 'foOking up' things ourselves instead of letting the British do it to us.

And so if independence & freedom trickles down to nothing & is subservient to a desire for a better life than who are we kidding expounding these things when they mean nothing ? Pakistan means nothing ! India means nothing !

All it comes down to is (a) what can put the most amount of food on the table & (b) what can get my son or my daughter to put twice as much food on his/her table !

Tell you what ! I respect what India does in that they have a no tolerance policy to dual-nationalities & equate that with dual-loyalties !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom