What's new

Mig 35 for Iraq

If so that means we may see it in Iraq soon may be next year since familiarization takes time it's not days or weeks it takes longer time good luck to my country IRAQ is a name so old so big so great so precious.

If so that means we may see it in Iraq soon may be next year since familiarization takes time it's not days or weeks it takes longer time good luck to my country IRAQ is a name so old so big so great so precious.

Next year ? no.

Deal is not even made yet, they are still looking for fighter jets and MIG 35 is a candidate.
After a deal is signed the new MIG 35’s would have to be built and pilots have to be trained, 3 years if you ask me but the MIG 35 would be way superior to the block 52’s especially Iraq’s without BVR missiles.
It’s not expensive but really good to fill in the numbers of fighter jets for Iraq, since Iraq is beginning with new fighter jets our numbers of jets will be lower then most countries whom have a huge number due to not only modern but also a large fleet of older jets.
Iraq’s airforce commander pointed out that the minimum fighter jet number for air deterrance is 96 but the air force requires 200 fighter jets.
Fighters like the MIG 35 could put that number ( 200 ) higher like over 300 since the pricetag is good for Iraq as the budget is growing.
If they order the MIG 35 they should go between ~70 to ~130 to form 4 to 7 squadrons ( preferably ) each 18 fighters including the double seater trainer versions.

Still 200 fighter jets is too little for Iraq, they will be able to solve that problem after gov budget grows.

Aside from MIGs and F16‘s a number of heavy air superiority jets can be bought to fill in smaller number of jets with air superiority jets.

SU 35

If the air force would get built like this then more US F16’s would have to be bought as well to keep the 2 source policy of the military.

No, it will take longer than you think. I hate to say it but the Russians can't be relied on much in this.

SU 35 for a new airforce would be work intensive, baby steps man. You guys have no enemy apart from sectarianism.

SU 35 for a new airforce would be work intensive, baby steps man. You guys have no enemy apart from sectarianism.

Not now ofcourse, Mig 35’s and F16’s for now, I am talking about years ahead.

Next year ? no.

Deal is not even made yet, they are still looking for fighter jets and MIG 35 is a candidate.
After a deal is signed the new MIG 35’s would have to be built and pilots have to be trained, 3 years if you ask me but the MIG 35 would be way superior to the block 52’s especially Iraq’s without BVR missiles.
It’s not expensive but really good to fill in the numbers of fighter jets for Iraq, since Iraq is beginning with new fighter jets our numbers of jets will be lower then most countries whom have a huge number due to not only modern but also a large fleet of older jets.
Iraq’s airforce commander pointed out that the minimum fighter jet number for air deterrance is 96 but the air force requires 200 fighter jets.
Fighters like the MIG 35 could put that number ( 200 ) higher like over 300 since the pricetag is good for Iraq as the budget is growing.
If they order the MIG 35 they should go between ~70 to ~130 to form 4 to 7 squadrons ( preferably ) each 18 fighters including the double seater trainer versions.

Still 200 fighter jets is too little for Iraq, they will be able to solve that problem after gov budget grows.

200 to small number for Irak ? You do realise that France fighter fleet is to have 225 fighters,Germany's 228 ,Spain-159,and you want 200 fighters and still not happy if you reach those numbers ? :what:

200 to small number for Irak ? You do realise that France fighter fleet is to have 225 fighters,Germany's 228 ,Spain-159,and you want 200 fighters and still not happy if you reach those numbers ? :what:

200 fighter jets is lower then many other ME states who have ( close ) to 400 due to older jets as well, it’s not about the size of Iraq, if Iraq was near Hawai 50 jets would be enough.

200 fighter jets is lower then many other ME states who have ( close ) to 400 due to older jets as well, it’s not about the size of Iraq, if Iraq was near Hawai 50 jets would be enough.

Don't pay attention to "older jets",those are there to boost numbers only without great effect,I fail to see how some modified iranian F4'S or syrian mig 21's can pose a threat to F16 block 52's or MIG 35's if you want.My point is that you can't match old fleets of fighter jets in the same parity in numbers,even China isn't doing that,maintenance is more expensive,etc..12 F16 bl 52's/SU 35 will pawn 60 mig 21's any day.

Turkey has some 240 F16 bl 52's but they've built that fleet in decades and have the support of powerful home industry plus an 800billion $+ GDP.

Don't pay attention to "older jets",those are there to boost numbers only without great effect,I fail to see how some modified iranian F4'S or syrian mig 21's can pose a threat to F16 block 52's or MIG 35's if you want.My point is that you can't match old fleets of fighter jets in the same parity in numbers,even China isn't doing that,maintenance is more expensive,etc..12 F16 bl 52's/SU 35 will pawn 60 mig 21's any day.

Turkey has some 240 F16 bl 52's but they've built that fleet in decades and have the support of powerful home industry plus an 800billion $+ GDP.
You right but we like to look big Lol. my friend this number is not official yet the official number is 96 until 2020, by the way neither Iran nor Syria are our enemy our enemies unfortunately in the north and south of the country its Turkey and Saudi! as you know they possess big numbers of of advanced fighters and Syria could be another one if al qaeda get over there so ys we need big numbers in both Q&Q.

96 is minimum, 200 is what the general seeks, official numbers <<.

You right but we like to look big Lol. my friend this number is not official yet the official number is 96 until 2020, by the way neither Iran nor Syria are our enemy our enemies unfortunately in the north and south of the country its Turkey and Saudi! as you know they possess big numbers of of advanced fighters and Syria could be another one if al qaeda get over there so ys we need big numbers in both Q&Q.

Enemy is everyone and no one, Syria & Iran are not allies.

I'm not going to argue this,you know better the threats that Irak faces,i've given Syria and Iran as examples because those two countries have large fighter fleets with somehow limited capabilities.I think Irak it's facing a dillema : armament or funds for the country's economic growth.Reaching a 200 fleet of fighters will suck up billions of $ plus this is a long time commitment.Doesn't the final Mig 35 variant come out in 2016 ? Now ,let's say that from 2016 you acquire some 120 fighters,it will take at least 10 years to induct them.It's a long shot.

I'm not going to argue this,you know better the threats that Irak faces,i've given Syria and Iran as examples because those two countries have large fighter fleets with somehow limited capabilities.I think Irak it's facing a dillema : armament or funds for the country's economic growth.Reaching a 200 fleet of fighters will suck up billions of $ plus this is a long time commitment.Doesn't the final Mig 35 variant come out in 2016 ? Now ,let's say that from 2016 you acquire some 120 fighters,it will take at least 10 years to induct them.It's a long shot.
2 thumps up my Romanian friend so how many plane in your inventory as Romania I know you have no problem with no one but just for the sake of curiosity?.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom