What's new

Mig 35 for Iraq

I'm not going to argue this,you know better the threats that Irak faces,i've given Syria and Iran as examples because those two countries have large fighter fleets with somehow limited capabilities.I think Irak it's facing a dillema : armament or funds for the country's economic growth.Reaching a 200 fleet of fighters will suck up billions of $ plus this is a long time commitment.Doesn't the final Mig 35 variant come out in 2016 ? Now ,let's say that from 2016 you acquire some 120 fighters,it will take at least 10 years to induct them.It's a long shot.

Gov budget grows with ~15 billion each year, they can cover the fighter jet purchases over the MoD budget of several years if needed "special budget" for funding the jets.

But beside jets thousands of high end tanks, artillery, ATGW and maybe missiles will have to be purchased, it’s billions of weaponry that has to be boguht which will take decades.

I'm not going to argue this,you know better the threats that Irak faces,i've given Syria and Iran as examples because those two countries have large fighter fleets with somehow limited capabilities.I think Irak it's facing a dillema : armament or funds for the country's economic growth.Reaching a 200 fleet of fighters will suck up billions of $ plus this is a long time commitment.Doesn't the final Mig 35 variant come out in 2016 ? Now ,let's say that from 2016 you acquire some 120 fighters,it will take at least 10 years to induct them.It's a long shot.

Gov budget grows with ~15 billion each year, they can cover the fighter jet purchases over the MoD budget of several years if needed "special budget" for funding the jets.

But beside jets thousands of high end tanks, artillery, ATGW and maybe missiles will have to be purchased, it’s billions of weaponry that has to be boguht which will take decades.

2 thumps up my Romanian friend so how many plane in your inventory as Romania I know you have no problem with no one but just for the sake of curiosity?.

Currently 48 Mig 21 Lancer (Mig 21 upgraded with israeli avionics amd western missiles...Python 3,Magic Mantra 2)...they will be phased out entirely by 2018-2020.We've bought 12 F16 SH from Portugal to be upgraded to blk 52 standard by the americans with the option and intent to do the same with other 36 within 2 years time.Ofcourse,we live in a more peaceful neighborhood then Irak but we have our problems to...mainly a big bad bear in the East :P

Theoretically our defence needs called for some 72-96 fighters but ,you know...money,money,money :(...Anyway for our area some 48 F16 blk 52 or even 48 modernised Migs are enough..neighbours -Ukraine-some 80 flyable Mig 29(many in poor standard),Hungary-14 Gripens,Bulgaria-15 Mig 29's,Serbia -3 Mig 29's and around not so modernised Mig 21's....nio immediate threats.

No problems man,ask away,happy to answer.

96 is minimum, 200 is what the general seeks, official numbers <<.

Enemy is everyone and no one, Syria & Iran are not allies.
At least they don't send terrorists to blow up Iraqis they don't help alqaeda and baath to keep the country unstable!!! yes they're not allies but not enemy too, why we should mix between those who trying hard against our will with those who don't?.

At least they don't send terrorists to blow up Iraqis they don't help alqaeda and baath to keep the country unstable!!! yes they're not allies but not enemy too, why we should mix between those who trying hard against our will with those who don't?.

Wrong.

Syria & Iran were meddling in Iraq after 2003 in every way including armed terrorism trying to put a part of Iraq under Katai&#8217;b Hezbollah and similar groups creating the Lebanon situation here.

Just a small part, much more happened, these 2 regimes are far from good for Iraq, could be enemy anyday.

Wrong.

Syria & Iran were meddling in Iraq after 2003 in every way including armed terrorism trying to put a part of Iraq under Katai&#8217;b Hezbollah and similar groups creating the Lebanon situation here.

Just a small part, much more happened, these 2 regimes are far from good for Iraq, could be enemy anyday.
Your opinion, but you know the real enenmy is Turkey and Saudi regimes plus Qatar.

Yes ^^, only neighbor that is no trouble is Jordan, not the topic anyway.
Jordan is no trouble??????. as I said your opinion but remember Alzarqawi they released him from his jail just to send him to the country for the case of sectarianism.

Jordan is no trouble??????. as I said your opinion but remember Alzarqawi they released him from his jail just to send him to the country for the case of sectarianism.

I think they also helped for finding him, their government has not been a trouble for iraq.

I think they also helped for finding him, their government has not been a trouble for iraq.
Have you ever used jordan as an access point iave ever see them how they treat Iraqis and how they use sectarian words we had alot:sniper:

Then ask to know we should stop been so nice the world respect those who are not unfortunately.

I just said Iraq had no trouble with their gov, I don&#8217;t like that gov who was drinking free oil in the 90&#8217;s then betrayed Saddam giving USSF place to invade Iraq, couldn&#8217;t care about the after 2003 military training or hosting refugees which are the result of the invasion. Neither am I against them, I don&#8217;t care.

Let&#8217;s return to topic.

I just said Iraq had no trouble with their gov, I don&#8217;t like that gov who was drinking free oil in the 90&#8217;s then betrayed Saddam giving USSF place to invade Iraq, couldn&#8217;t care about the after 2003 military training or hosting refugees which are the result of the invasion. Neither am I against them, I don&#8217;t care.

Let&#8217;s return to topic.
I'm waiting on your good news pics plze post asap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom