What's new

Mig 35 for Iraq

No, only KSA has an open access to Western weapons due to its military doctrine, all nations have failed. We only take our own customizations as a self-defense mechanism.

Yes but the main reason for the US not to equip Iraq and Egypt with high tech systems is Israel, the 2 countries have been in too many wars ( against Israel ). So I think relations with them would ease that, its not that they would sell us F15 strike eagles directly, but they would probably allow AIM 120. Egypt borders Israel so even though they have relations they do not want to sell AIM 120, I do not believe in not signing CISMOA as they always say.

Yes but the main reason for the US not to equip Iraq and Egypt with high tech systems is Israel, the 2 countries have been in too many wars ( against Israel ). So I think relations with them would ease that, its not that they would sell us F15 strike eagles directly, but they would probably allow AIM 120. Egypt borders Israel so even though they have relations they do not want to sell AIM 120, I do not believe in not signing CISMOA as they always say.
I guess you're right bro. Salute :smart:

This time you got yourself right for the 1st time on this thread. :victory: Good Job! :yay:

This time you got yourself right for the 1st time on this thread. :victory: Good Job! :yay:

The US is being pragmatic here, they wanted to make sure that no country would pose a threat to their key allies in the region. Another issue is that the GOP believes that Iraq is being hijacked by Iran for the time being, and that's why they turn down Iraq's requests.

The US is being pragmatic here, they wanted to make sure that no country would pose a threat to their key allies in the region. Another issue is that the GOP believes that Iraq is being hijacked by Iran for the time being, and that's why they turn down Iraq's requests.

Kuwait used to resist F16 sales, Qatar went to Russia last year to try to sabotage the Russian deals ( from various sources though not sure if true ).

AIM 120 did not pass congress full of Israelis.

Kuwait used to resist F16 sales, Qatar went to Russia last year to try to sabotage the Russian deals ( from various sources though not sure if true ).

AIM 120 did not pass congress full of Israelis.
No, you're right.
In 2011, both of Qatar and KSA tried to lure the Russians by purchasing various military equipments, but the Russians didn't change their view on Syria.

No, only KSA has an open access to Western weapons due to its military doctrine, all nations have failed. We only take our own customizations as a self-defense mechanism.
Doubt it...For them, you are, A Moslem + Arab....DANGEROUS and that's apply to all MENA countries.

I have a feeling the only way for us to get sophisticated western systems is to shake hands with Israel like the rest of the Arab world does secretly.
Even, if MENA countries lick their @sses, they won't get them.

TALISMAN: the airborne defence suite for the MIG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, what we want is what we will get... (;
Doubt it...For them, you are, A Moslem + Arab....DANGEROUS and that's apply to all MENA countries.

Even, if MENA countries lick their @sses, they won't get them.

they should refuse the falcon once the american refused to supply the the amraam and the x9. go to the russian for to planes that end with the 35. But its the Oedipus we arab and muslims have!!! the mig-35 way ahead of the falcon for to main things 1- the aesa radar which is far better than pulse Doppler radar + ols that can detect fighters from tens of kilometers. Also the other advantages that we look for like spare parts and the medium long range missile that are equivalent to the amraam and the r-73m2 and the latest r-74 get real and get the mig-35 or the su-35 to make some
prestige to the country.

According to Piotr Butowsky of Air International (latest issue covers PAK-FA and MiG-35), Iraqi pilots have made familiarization flights in MiG-35 bort 747.

Much better then Iraq’s F16, could be a good deal IMO, MIG 35 comparable to F18 super hornet.

The Russians had already placed an order of 37 MiG-35. Let's see who's next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy what you like,
BUT buy whatever you can make in your OWN country as much as possible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom