What's new

Mi35M of Pakistan Army!

PA is professional by all means, yet we have lost dozens of people in Mi-17 crashes where the helicopter was not hit by a rocket or a missile. I think the odds of surviving any crash, controlled or not, are usually not in favor of the crew and occupants, and especially so in a war zone.
True but those are mechanical failures , which would even kill a tanks residents, yet a MI 35 is from the start designed to withstand such weaponry and provide protection of crew. Still it might not be able to withstand RPG hits but the chances of it surviving one are higher

Durin
No helicopter in the world can survive any hit from a RPG, even if the pilot is sitting in a titanium hub. The helicopter will crash and burn and kill the pilots regardless. It might offer protection from small arms fire which is what it is really meant for.

I would be interested in seeing what the cockpit looks like, given that we have seen in insides of AH-1Zs and T-129s, both of which are coming to PAA as well. If it is not a glass cockpit, it would be very disappointing given how much these 4 Hinds ended up costing.

Nothing is crash proof or impervious to be shot down, can make it more difficult and resilient.
During the Afghan war and other conflicts the greatest shortcoming of the Mi-24 was its inability to perform at higher altitudes, making it vulnerable to ground fire at mountainous areas. Also if you can look closely on the new Pak Mi-35 black large chaff flare dispensers visible along with MAW sensors (missile approach warning).

The Mi-35 they have vastly improved high altitude performance by reducing weight. Landing gear mechanism removed, they are fixed now and shorter wings to reduce weight also they've added a X style tail rotor which has more survivability.
X-rotors are also installed on Mi-28 "The tail rotor is designed on a biplane configuration, with independently controlled X-shaped blades. A new design of all plastic rotor blades, which can sustain hits from 30mm shells"

Watch all of this please

Hi,

The person in the video clearly states the hit from a 'manpad'---basically a shoulder launched SA missile.

Now posters should remember---that in the earlier days of stinger missiles---the MI24's were flying without the " exhaust shields / shroud " in AFG---that was the reason for heavy casualties of the MI24---.

Later on when the exhaust shroud became available and was mounted---lesser Mi24's were dropped.

Again---the MUJ had RPG's---but no single account of Mi24 taken out by an RPG---even though many a times they flew close by or at level with the MUJ---.

Assumption that the RPG would take it out is just an assumption---unless it hit the tail rotor---.

During the Afghan war and other conflicts the greatest shortcoming of the Mi-24 was its inability to perform at higher altitudes, making it vulnerable to ground fire at mountainous areas.

Hi,

I read longtime ago that for that very reason---the russians had taken off the exhaust shrouds from the chopper---something to do with cooling or whatever---that part I don't remember---.

No helicopter in the world can survive any hit from a RPG
There is one exception from Turkey :D

rpg2ic-600x4001.jpg

https://national-pride.org/2013/12/19/συγκεντρωτικός-πίνακας-απωλειών-του/

Gendarmerie S-70 got hit by RPG-7, survived, flew 100 miles to home.

PAA Mi 17 took an RPG to the control panel through the co-pilot window, was recoverd and repaired.

Last edited:
Are these actual picture of pA mi-35 ?? Or just general pics ??
Actual.
Thanks, I was trying to look for cockpit for the new Iraqi Hinds but these work too.
Our Mi35 has slightly different cockpit configuration compared to one shown in link. All I can tell it has three MFDs instead of two. (Got pic but not allowed to share).

Watch all of this please
They combined the two videos into one. These were two different incidents, the first copter survived and landed at a nearby airfield and the second one was not in aleppo. I know this bcz the first video went viral and was very famous among pro-gov side for a long time. The other copter was shot down after many months. So that's +1 for mi35.

Last edited:
bad times ahead for Taliban and their stooges
Looks like days are numbered for the "Last Afgan's" last head to be chopped off thanks to this chopper!!! Hence, after failing to be "hard like a rock" continuing with all the "sissie" acts - FATF, tweets, paid ads on busses, shaming, not talking etc.....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom