What's new

MADE IN UAE

An interesting feature of the HAS-250 is the passive radar seeker that will be able to target coastal targets that are emitting radar waves which is similar in concept the AGM-88 HARM or the ALARM.

It also has an active radar seeker of course which is vulnerable to being jammed by ECM.

It will also be able to discriminate from civilian ships in crowded areas like the Persian gulf by homing in on radar signatures which are not emitted by civilian ships

1621209088541.png

1621209166080.png

It could in the future be used as a pure radiation homing cruise missile for SEAD/DEAD from a naval or land based structure

Could Halcon rocket artillery be placed on ships?
ADSB could design the ship for ground attack similar to the Israeli Trigon concept.

1621360733280.png

1621360839083.png

@Wilhelm II
Good visuals in this video at Idex of Halcon, you will like them

Found this on Facebook of a graphic designer at Halcon, very hard to see but it looks like hes making brochures. We should see them at Dubai Airshow. The picture is so grainy though so I would have to guess they are brochures on the right of CNC machining parts they can make.

1621640952883.png

Last edited:
@Wilhelm II
Good visuals in this video at Idex of Halcon, you will like them

Found this on Facebook of a graphic designer at Halcon, very hard to see but it looks like hes making brochures. We should see them at Dubai Airshow. The picture is so grainy though so I would have to guess they are brochures on the right of CNC machining parts they can make.

View attachment 746176
Why he tried to hide media player not that right one?!
Did you watch edge group's home page video?
There is a flyin wing in it so impressive

I read that pdf of Czech company that is working on calidus b 350 landing gears
The schedule of delivery of first prototype is close to Dubai airshow

Why he tried to hide media player not that right one?!
Did you watch edge group's home page video?
There is a flyin wing in it so impressive

I read that pdf of Czech company that is working on calidus b 350 landing gears
The schedule of delivery of first prototype is close to Dubai airshow
Yes, we will see it at the Dubai Airshow with Halcon missiles probably. Halcon needs to develop a short range air to air missile using infrared homing, or modify the Skyknight to use it as an short range air to air missile.

1621834638898.png

There is talk that the Emirati defense company EDGE Group will announce a number of aerospace projects next September, including a project to cooperate with foreign commissions and companies on the manufacture of various types of radars.

In this regard, EDGE is said to have recently expressed interest in a 3D air defense radar believed to be the Ground Master (GM) 400, which is produced by ThalesRaytheonSystems (TRS).

Tactical Report has prepared a 263-word report to shed more light on this subject.

• Performance:
    • Detection range:
      • Fighter aircraft: 450 km
      • Cruise missile: 250 km
    • Max detection rate in altitude: 30.5 km
    • Instrumented range: 470 km
  • High mobility, transportability, and reliability
  • Operating modes:
    • Digital Beam Forming mode
    • Stacked beam (maximum time on target)
    • S-Band (high part 2.9 / 3.3 GHz)
    • 2 Doppler modes
    • Electronic Counter-CounterMeasures (ECCM) capabilities
    • Tactical ballistic missile (TBM) detection capability.

@The SC
HAS-250 is almost as big as the Tomahawk so you are right there is a lot of space bro and both have similar dimensions length and width wise.

The article you linked is very old, so there has been a lot of progress in miniaturizing electronics, and systems. Even missiles like SOM can be very small cruise missiles.

1621907553884.png

1621907571087.png

Last edited:
@The SC
HAS-250 is almost as big as the Tomahawk so you are right there is a lot of space bro and both have similar dimensions length and width wise.

The article you linked is very old, so there has been a lot of progress in miniaturizing electronics, and systems. Even missiles like SOM can be very small cruise missiles.

View attachment 747070

View attachment 747071
Indeed..It is a 15 years old article but still relevant.. as you need TERCOM.. and some more technologies.. the rest or almost has already been developed by the UAE.... and even this is not out of reach..

traek.gif

slcm11.gif

2017041301375453927.jpg

TERCOM (Terrain Contour Matching)

Terrain Contour Matching, or TERCOM, is a navigation system used primarily by cruise missiles. It uses a prerecorded contour map of the terrain that is compared to measurements made during flight by an on-board radar altimeter. A TERCOM system considerably increases the accuracy of a missile compared to inertial navigation systems (INS). The increased accuracy allows a TERCOM-equipped missile to fly closer to obstacles and generally lower altitudes, making it harder to detect by ground radar.

TERCOM navigation "maps" consist of a series of strips of land that the missile is expected to fly over, encoded as a series of altitudes. Since a radar altimeter measures distances, height over the ground, and not an absolute altitude, the maps generally encode a series of changes in altitude, not the absolute altitude itself. Additionally, the strips of land on either side of the expected path are also stored. A series of such maps are produced, typically from data from radar mapping satellites.

When flying over water, contour maps are replaced by magnetic field maps.The missile's radar altimeter feeds measurements into a smaller buffer, which periodically "gates" the measurements over a period of time and averages them out to produce a single measurement. The series of such numbers held in the buffer produce a strip of measurements similar to those held in the maps. The two are compared to overlay the buffer's strip on the known map, and the positioning of the strip within the map produces a location and direction. The guidance system can then use this information to correct the flight path of the missile. During the flight to the target the accuracy of the system has to be high enough only to avoid terrain features. This allows the maps to be relatively low resolution in these areas. Only the portion of the map for the terminal approach has to be higher resolution, and would normally be encoded at the highest resolutions available to the satellite mapping system. TERCOM systems have the advantage of offering accuracy that is not based on the length of the flight; an inertial system slowly drifts after a "fix", and its accuracy is lower for longer distances. TERCOM systems receive constant fixes during the flight, and thus do not have any drift.
Their absolute accuracy, however, is based on the accuracy of the radar mapping information,

which is typically in the range of meters, and the ability of the processor to compare the altimeter data to the map quickly enough as the resolution increases. This generally limits first generation TERCOM systems to targets on the order of hundreds of meters, limiting them to the use of nuclear warheads. Use of conventional warheads requires further accuracy, which in turn demands additional terminal guidance systems.

One disadvantage of TERCOM systems is that the entire route has to be pre-planned, including its launch point. If the missile is launched from an unexpected location or flies too far off-course, it will never fly over the features included in the maps, and become lost. The INS system can help in this regard, allowing it to fly to the general area of the first patch, but gross errors simply cannot be corrected. This makes TERCOM based systems much less flexible than more modern systems like GPS, which can be set to attack any location from any location, and does not require any sort of pre-recorded information which means they can be targeted immediately prior to launch.

DSMAC (Digital Scene-Mapping Area Correlator)

Early cruise missiles did not have the mapping satellites to draw information from, and there were plans to use a TERCOM-like system based on photographs rather than elevations. A series of photographs taken from surveillance aircraft were put into a carousel in the missile, which were selected at timed intervals and imaged using a television camera. Another camera took pictures out of the bottom of the missile, imaged onto a similar display. A computer compared the two displays and attempted to line up areas of high contrast, similar to the contrast seekers used in the Maverick missile, and the offsets needed to align the two images could be decoded into a location and heading. However, this system proved to be very slow, and no such system was ever employed operationally, its role being taken up by TERCOM.The massive improvements in memory and processing power from the 1950s when these scene comparison systems were first invented to the 1980s when TERCOM was widely deployed changed the nature of the problem considerably.

Modern systems can store numerous images of a target as seen from different directions, and often the imagery can be calculated using image synthesis techniques. Likewise, the complexity of the live imaging systems has been greatly reduced through the introduction of solid-state technologies like CCDs. The combination of these technologies produced the Digital Scene-Mapping Area Correlator (DSMAC).

DSMAC systems are often combined with TERCOM as a terminal guidance system, allowing point attack with conventional warheads.

SATELLITE NAVIGATION

Another way to navigate a cruise missile is by using a satellite positioning system, such as GPS

Satellite navigation systems are precise and cheap. Unfortunately, they rely on satellites. If the satellites are interfered with (e.g. destroyed) or if the satellite signal is interfered with (e.g. jammed), the satellite navigation system becomes inoperable. Therefore, the GPS-based navigation is useful in a conflict with a technologically unsophisticated adversary. On the other hand, to be ready for a conflict with a technologically advanced adversary, one needs missiles equipped with TAINS and DSMAC.

http://ijates.com/images/short_pdf/1459266152_371N.pdf

It seems that GPS is the best.. but having all of them is better..just in case..

Here is a better read as it it talks about the most recent cruise missile technologies..

http://www.ausairpower.net/SP/DT-CM-Guidance-June-2009.pdf

Last edited:
@The SC
Bro you can also man in the loop the weapon with a datalink which is much harder to jam and very accurate. Many Halcon engineers have experience from Raptor series which was sold to Pakistan as H-2 and H-4 SOW and used in Feb 26 conflict.

SLAM-ER missile used by UAE and others

1621911969098.png

@The SC
Bro you can also man in the loop the weapon with a datalink which is much harder to jam and very accurate. Many Halcon engineers have experience from Raptor series which was sold to Pakistan as H-2 and H-4 SOW and used in Feb 26 conflict.

SLAM-ER missile used by UAE and others

View attachment 747080
Bro.. read the last part of the last link in my previous post.. you'll see that is still difficult..even for the US.. but feasible..

Bro.. read the last part of the last link in my previous post.. you'll see that is still difficult..even for the US.. but feasible..
I don't see it bro, I just see satellite navigation which is different completely to command guidance.

Datalink uses radio connection with a pod, and thus doesn't rely on satellites and is very hard to jam compared to GPS.

@HD Seeker-5000
Greece aerospace industry is non-existent almost bro they don't have any missile programs going on. The cruise missile project was abandoned.

Whereas Denel Dynamics was needed by South Africa to survive during the Apartheid, it is now weak and lost many employees and entire teams but is still more capable than Greece. Egypt almost bought Umkhonto-R but they couldn't get loans from the local banks because of their situation.

Many went to UAE, and I can give you LinkedIns which just covers the tip of the iceberg because many are older and don't update or use it.

They had like 2x missile projects during the 90s when the industry was flourishing

1621913414891.png

1621913262130.png

1621913277154.png

1621913291040.png

1621913311187.png

Last edited:
I don't see it bro, I just see satellite navigation which is different completely to command guidance.

Datalink uses radio connection with a pod, and thus doesn't rely on satellites and is very hard to jam compared to GPS.

@HD Seeker-5000
Greece aerospace industry is non-existent almost bro they don't have any missile programs going on. The cruise missile project was abandoned.

Whereas Denel Dynamics was needed by South Africa to survive during the Apartheid, it is now weak and lost many employees and entire teams but is still more capable than Greece. Egypt almost bought Umkhonto-R but they couldn't get loans from the local banks because of their situation.

Many went to UAE, and I can give you LinkedIns which just covers the tip of the iceberg because many are older and don't update or use it.

They had like 2x missile projects during the 90s when the industry was flourishing

View attachment 747093

View attachment 747088

View attachment 747089

View attachment 747090

View attachment 747091

So has Denel Dynamics got all of there testing an dmanufacturing facilities in the UAE or do they do some of it in South Africa. I dont get it, so is it totally owned by the UAE right now. Did they totally move there too?

So has Denel Dynamics got all of there testing an dmanufacturing facilities in the UAE or do they do some of it in South Africa. I dont get it, so is it totally owned by the UAE right now. Did they totally move there too?
Basically, these people aren't associated with Denel Dynamics directly and many aren't from Denel Dynamics but from CSIR, Hensoldt, etc depending on their skills needed. The company is fully owned in the UAE, and many ex employees from Denel were offered jobs in exchange for higher salaries, and guaranteed salaries unlike at Denel Dynamics which was only paying something like 50%.

Testing is done in the UAE, and manufacturing, and assembly yes. Denel is not involved in any of the projects currently except 2 from the 2016-2018 period when Halcon had little R&D capabilities but now they have more employees than Denel Dynamics probably I assume. (Halcon had 400 in Feburary, and Denel Dynamics had 435 as of 2020 but many have quit since)

They still have some work being done with South Africans subcontractors like Incomar on the air defence missile, but their work is being done in the UAE with fully owned IP. They are almost carbon copies of Denel missiles with differences in size.

Tweet from a South African defense analyst confirms what I said

Basically, these people aren't associated with Denel Dynamics directly and many aren't from Denel Dynamics but from CSIR, Hensoldt, etc depending on their skills needed. The company is fully owned in the UAE, and many ex employees from Denel were offered jobs in exchange for higher salaries, and guaranteed salaries unlike at Denel Dynamics which was only paying something like 50%.

Testing is done in the UAE, and manufacturing, and assembly yes. Denel is not involved in any of the projects currently except 2 from the 2016-2018 period when Halcon had little R&D capabilities but now they have more employees than Denel Dynamics probably I assume. (Halcon had 400 in Feburary, and Denel Dynamics had 435 as of 2020 but many have quit since)

They still have some work being done with South Africans subcontractors like Incomar on the air defence missile, but their work is being done in the UAE with fully owned IP. They are almost carbon copies of Denel missiles with differences in size.

I got my perception wrong about these people then. I thought they totally rely on denel dynamics instead they are diversified which i find very good. I really do hope that Egypt really teams up with these company in developing weapons as it has shown amazing strength over the pas few years.
Amazing and impressive beyond words, actually. I've been pushing the thought of Egypt doing something similar for decades to keep up with the advancements in tech, now and who knows where they're at. They certainty haven't said or showed anything besides Amoun SAMs so it's only safe to assume they haven't done anything with A2A missiles. But I think they waited for the Russian and MICA & Meteor.

I Would be totally against reliance on exports especially when it comes to Air to Air Missiles. Egypt should rather build its own A2A Missiles.

Back
Top Bottom