What's new

MADE IN UAE

Shadow 50 TJ drone features

@The SC

1638440363886.jpeg

• Can fly in swarms of up to 3 at one time
  • Has proximity sensor, altimeter to measure altitude, and tv seeker to engage targets
  • Can operate in GPS denied enviroments and at altitudes of 10 meters

The UAE’s national defense conglomerate EDGE Group has plans to develop the radar systems industry.

Its interest is focused on ground radars and also radars for civilian use.

Some countries are already showing interest to cooperate ..

BAERadar_668615.jpg

Development of #HALCON’s SkyKnight missile defence system continues to chalk up major milestones having commenced development in August 2020 with a full strength team. Key achievements in the first 12 months include the first missile tests out of a canister, and wind tunnel test model design and manufacturing.

1644485216241.jpeg

Halcon also developed the Remote control container system which will be unveiled at UMEX for controlling UAVs

@The SC

@Philip the Arab

The speed at which Halcon has been developing and transforming itself has been impressive to say the least. A lot of the projects are still in their infancy but Halcon has the resources, vision and ambition to continue to expand and reach new heights. Including critical technologies not yet fully mastered. I have no doubt about that as long as MBZ is around.

Although the talent pool of the UAE's native population is limited for obvious reasons (little less than 1.5 million people on top of my head) the aggressive educational approach in UAE and obligatory military service (we can discuss its effects but it nevertheless strengthens patriotism and increases the chance of talented locals to look for a career in the local defense sector) will help increase the already sizable local element within Halcon. In particular the female participation has been impressive not unlike other GCC states.

Looking forward to following Halcon closely and I really hope that Halcon and SAMI will continue and expand their cooperation. Also curious to see how partnerships with foreign counterparts will effect things on the long run.

BTW there should be a greater GCC cooperation in terms of the defense sector. Some countries such as Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and Qatar (from what I know about, I could be wrong) are barely active. Ideally pan-Arab cooperation. Consider the money and all the talent for a second. Just the political will is lacking.

There is now a Manufacturing licensing agreement between #NIMR and @SAMIDefense, which is one of the first agreements concluded between the UAE and the Kingdom regarding defense partnerships..

1648710983183.png

Industry 4.0 refers to a new phase in the Industrial Revolution that focuses heavily on interconnectivity, automation, machine learning, and real-time data. Industry 4.0, which encompasses IIoT and smart manufacturing, marries physical production and operations with smart digital technology, machine learning, and big data to create a more holistic and better connected ecosystem for companies that focus on manufacturing and supply chain management..

why doesnt egypt design its own rifle its duable we have the resources just give the hand to the private sector theyre a better designer. Its the fact that no egyptian is willing to invest in a rifle so its left for the military to design its own we need something other than the ak we have milked for decades its time to change
Egypt obviously can..

why didnt we make one already???????? Sure theres ak upgrades but they werent approved for mass production
Egypt is making a very good and reliable AKM.. it can make something different now that Caracal from the UAE is going to open a manufacturing plant in Egypt.. they have a lot of R&D where Egypt can jump right in and produce some more modern small arms..

The upgraded Egyptian Kalashnikov..
1648756579509.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom