What's new

Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh Suhag named new Army chief

Hmmm why is there so much politics in army these days???

Btw this Lt.Gen Suhag

View attachment 29905

It would be interesting to see Gen(rtd).VK singh as our next defence Minister and Lt.Gen Suhag as Army chief.
Congress has played its politics well.:coffee:

That band is almost in his mouth. Is that how it is supposed to be worn ?

THANK YOU! You are 100% on the money. I am not interested in politics only what is best for India itself and I am able to see that isn't Antony and the UPA.

Bro you are too anti-Congress and too pro-BJP for us to have a rational conversation on THIS topic.

I have a lot of respect for you on this forum and look foreword to us having conversation on more defence-oreineted matters in the future, this political business I find tiresome.

Now enjoy your sleep bro :rolleyes:

I am neither Pro BJP nor Anti Congress .

I only talk what I feel is right .

Frankly speaking I have no knowledge about defense matters and I love politics .

I come here just for amusement and get enlightened by likes of you .

But I do have strong sense of justice which tells me that this particular UPA decision was absolutely wrong .

Thanks ...for your kind words ,

anyway ....see you around.

Hehehe
I have not seen anyone from Gurkhas wearing the hat like he has.
@chak de INDIA
Any idea why is Lt.Gen Suhag wearing his hat in this peculiar manner???
they call it the slouch hat
its a traditional way to wear this cap. to drop one side opposite to the other.

gorkha_20111119093321.jpg

@nick_indian

Bro, I've explained to you I'm not. I have no real allegiance to any political party in India (certainly not the UPA) seemingly far less than you who seems very much in the BJP camp. If you want to talk about objectivity then I would look at your own before questioning mine.

What do I have to do to get you to stop painting me with the UPA brush? Get as animated and sensational about Modi as others or furious at the UPA? Has the UPA failed on a lot of fronts? yes, are they all demons in cable of doing any good for India? No. Should the Gandhis be anywhere near Indian politics? F**K NO.

Anyway @Dillinger @Koovie @Capt.Popeye @sandy_3126 @Joe Shearer @nair your seasoned and rational heads are needed here I think, which one of us is in the wrong?

I really do not know what the scrap is about and I really could'nt care.

Now the "Hoo-Haa" that I can detect is:
1.Whether the present Govt. could have decided the COAS or not?
2.Whether the chosen candidate is suitable for the post or not?

As I see it and as I know the norms, the answer to Question No.1 is-----Yes
And the answer remains the same whether UPA or NDA or AIADMK or a Naxalite Party is in power at this moment in time.
In my book: all the parties are the same old "bunch of bandicoots" but that does not change the powers or responsibilities that devolve upon them.

About Question No.2---- If no bloody "Son of a Gun" could eliminate this candidate so far in his rise through Command Appointments; then it is imbecilic to question that without any credible evidence to do so. Or the System is Cr@p which then brings into question all the appointments of the COAS in the recent and less recent past.
And if the statement(s) of a single person is enough to allow the system to be casually questioned and subverted then the institution which works on this system is questionable in its functioning.

So people will be wise to let the Army alone. And the MOFO Politicians of all hues and persuasions better go and fcuk themselves or each other, whatever they wish or are able to do............but for god's fcuking sake leave some institutions alone.

Hehehe
I have not seen anyone from Gurkhas wearing the hat like he has.
@chak de INDIA
Any idea why is Lt.Gen Suhag wearing his hat in this peculiar manner???

C'mon @levina : have you never seen a Gurkha Officer or soldier before?
In case you have'nt; then this head-gear is one of the appropriate ones and is worn in the correct way. :angry:

Bro, I've explained to you I'm not. I have no real allegiance to any political party in India (certainly not the UPA) seemingly far less than you who seems very much in the BJP camp. If you want to talk about objectivity then I would look at your own before questioning mine.

What do I have to do to get you to stop painting me with the UPA brush? Get as animated and sensational about Modi as others or furious at the UPA? Has the UPA failed on a lot of fronts? yes, are they all demons in cable of doing any good for India? No. Should the Gandhis be anywhere near Indian politics? F**K NO.

Anyway @Dillinger @Koovie @Capt.Popeye @sandy_3126 @Joe Shearer @nair your seasoned and rational heads are needed here I think, which one of us is in the wrong?

I think it is better for us to drop this topic... There is no point in bringing up CiC of Army into public debate, What soever reasons may or may not be is an internal matter and not for public consumption/arbitration/discussion.

That band is almost in his mouth. Is that how it is supposed to be worn ?

Maybe so that he can chew on the band; if he feels hungry.........

Unfortunately, a great deal of ignorance and prejudice is getting displayed on this thread.
Sad that political allegiances, prejudices and preferences can muddy the waters so much, that is a real shame.

I am neither Pro BJP nor Anti Congress .

I only talk what I feel is right .

Frankly speaking I have no knowledge about defense matters and I love politics .

I come here just for amusement and get enlightened by likes of you .

But I do have strong sense of justice which tells me that this particular UPA decision was absolutely wrong .

Thanks ...for your kind words ,

anyway ....see you around.

What that clueless guy and others like him don't understand and realize is the whole reason we are in this sad state. POLITICS DRIVES OUR DEFENCE MATTERS!

Unless we all make that connection, India wont accomplish dooodooooo

@Indo-guy bro don't drag the new COAS's name through the mud just because of the general dislike/distrust of the UPA. I personally believe there is nothing wrong with this accession, since Bikram Singh became COAS Dulbir Singh has been in line to become the next COAS- fro 2 years now this has been on the cards and only now (during an election) the BJP are raising their objections. This has a LOT to do (actually everything to do) with VK Singh, it is his belief that the entire age issue that forced him out the door was because there was some nefarious conspiracy hatched to get Dulbir Singh as COAS, this was the narrative HE put out there because this is the only way he could defend himself on the issue. 2 years down the line and he has been pretty much silent on the matter until election time comes around (interesting that, not to mention he is now part of the BJP). His allegations on the TATRA trucks have come to NOUGHT- the CBI closed the case a few weeks back because there was absolutely 0 evidence of wrongdoing only an unsubstantiated claim by VK Singh.

Now I don't know what Mr VK Singh is playing at but it certainly seems that he is using anti-UPA sentiment to further his own interests I mean he has quickly been absorbed by the BJP and is set to attain quite a lofty position in the next Govt. He has broken with almost every established norm and thrust himself into politics immediately after retirement and let's not forget took the Govt to court (a move that is just not done in the Indian Mil) whilst still serving. Who knows how long he has been planning this? Possibly he was always looking to get into politics after retiring and has set him self up nicely to do the same.

I have no doubt that VKS has used the whole matter to further his own goals but through the process has tarnished the image of the institution that has made him all he is, I'm sorry but this is just not on.

Anyway, let's not forget, the post of COAS whilst being senior in the IA is not all that powerful a position. The Indian Mil is still 100% subservient to the civilian authority so even IF (and that's a big if) he has ties to Congress (again entirely unsubstantiated and bordering on slander really) so what? The BJP govt (looks to be the next GoI) will still be able to dictate to him quite easily and he will not have any say on national policy.

man this is something I admire as well as envy about India ,you guys are lucky to have an Army that is subservient to the gov't of the day, & have no role in politics

man this is something I admire as well as envy about India ,you guys are lucky to have an Army that is subservient to the gov't of the day, & have no role in politics

Well thanks for saying that, and thank god that it is so.
Any functional Democratic Country worth its salt, should have all its institutions fully developed enough so as to be independent of each other. One can't have the Army running Govt. or the Press running the Judiciary or the Judiciary running the Army or the Army running the Judiciary or the Govt running the press and so on.
If any of that is allowed to happen; then the state will be reduced to a "Bonsai State" running a "Banana Republik".

What that clueless guy and others like him don't understand and realize is the whole reason we are in this sad state. POLITICS DRIVES OUR DEFENCE MATTERS!

Unless we all make that connection, India wont accomplish dooodooooo

What an idea sirjee?
So the MOFO Old Bandicoot Poilticians then get to run the Army, like in the lovely days of 1962?
And fcuk everything up.
No more "ullu banoing" by the usual "ullu ke pathey".
Let effing Politics stay out of the Army and all things related to it. Otherwise you'll just end up being ground into the dust under some jack-boot eventually. Like some other people have had to on numerous occasions.

Last edited:
they call it the slouch hat
its a traditional way to wear this cap. to drop one side opposite to the other.

gorkha_20111119093321.jpg

@nick_indian

Trust me I always thought that the Gurkhas wore the band under their chin and not the way Lt.Gen Suhag was wearing.
I know that it is tilted to one side but wasnt sure about the band.:)
Thanks!

Trust me I always thought that the Gurkhas wore the band under their chin and not the way Lt.Gen Suhag was wearing.
I know that it is tilted to one side but wasnt sure about the band.:)
Thanks!

Well, Madamoiselle now you can be sure of that...........:)

C'mon @levina : have you never seen a Gurkha Officer or soldier before?
In case you have'nt; then this head-gear is one of the appropriate ones and is worn in the correct way. :angry:
Well, Madamoiselle now you can be sure of that...........:)

8-)8-)8-)

This is how I have seen Gurkhas wear it ,the tilt is fine but look at the band

image.jpg

@chak de INDIA @nick_indian
This is what I had expected.

Off topic:
Btw @Capt.Popeye
Whats your obsession with the word MOFO??

8-)8-)8-)

Off topic:
Btw @Capt.Popeye
Whats your obsession with the word MOFO??

Madamoiselle; that is the most appropriate word that I can find for a "bunch of bandicoots" aka Politicians who have messed around enough with India. The last thing that I can countenance is their messing up the institution which (arguably) is least tainted by them...........the Armed Forces. But their shenanigans are again surfacing in the case of this appointment of the COAS; for purely partisan reasons. More so; an ex-serviceman has a lot to with it. Which is more the pity. We would do well to keep the corrosion of politics away from this institution, to the extent that we can.

Back
Top Bottom