What's new

Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh Suhag named new Army chief

Too many Singhs in indian army.

Other than Punjabis, other indians are gutless pretty much (except Muslims)....

lol

shitty armies have this issues all the time. Seeing this in indian army is no surprise.

Silly ,racist, ill informed remarks that has been given a well deserved negative rating

I really do not know what the scrap is about and I really could'nt care.

Now the "Hoo-Haa" that I can detect is:
1.Whether the present Govt. could have decided the COAS or not?
2.Whether the chosen candidate is suitable for the post or not?

As I see it and as I know the norms, the answer to Question No.1 is-----Yes
And the answer remains the same whether UPA or NDA or AIADMK or a Naxalite Party is in power at this moment in time.
In my book: all the parties are the same old "bunch of bandicoots" but that does not change the powers or responsibilities that devolve upon them.

About Question No.2---- If no bloody "Son of a Gun" could eliminate this candidate so far in his rise through Command Appointments; then it is imbecilic to question that without any credible evidence to do so. Or the System is Cr@p which then brings into question all the appointments of the COAS in the recent and less recent past.
And if the statement(s) of a single person is enough to allow the system to be casually questioned and subverted then the institution which works on this system is questionable in its functioning.

So people will be wise to let the Army alone. And the MOFO Politicians of all hues and persuasions better go and fcuk themselves or each other, whatever they wish or are able to do............but for god's fcuking sake leave some institutions alone.

Sir , I feel compelled to reply to your post for two reasons .
First and foremost I had been party to the conversation which you have totally misconstrued . and second reason is that tone and tenor of your reply is also misplaced and misdirected .

1. first off all nobody questioned the government's auothority to decide the COAS .

all the discussion was how politically improper the process was or not ...
This is a minority government which is lame-duck and worse it's just matter of hours to days when the process of installation of new government will start . it was therefore politically and morally improper for outgoing government to name successor to current army chief who will retire after 2 months . There was no urgent to take such decision in such hurried manner .

I hope you will understand the difference between two.

therefore your emphatic assertions YES or NO have no meaning because Governmen't authority was never in question in first place .

2. Your second assertion regarding whether chosen candidate is suitable for the post or not is also totally misplaced .

Nobody has questioned the credentials of current Vice army chief ...

so your loud and rhetorical assertions regarding this particular issue was also totally uncalled for .

The issue is politicization of military . and although you have very suitably and easily targeted the politicians with barrage of abuses you have let go Ret Gen V K Singh rather lightly who is the biggest culprit in ongoing tug -of- war .

Do you have double standards for politicians and likes of Retd Gen V K Singh ?

If at all Ret Gen V K Singh is the most to be blamed and condemned for all this rigamarole. Despite once being honorable Chief of the army he has tarnished and muddled the image of his own great institution he represented once .

You seemed to have rather soft corner for him !

Last but not the least we live and thrive in a democratic country and not a country run by military dictatorship whereby any instituituion including that of military can be shielded from criticism .

If at all army and its constituents have to be blamed for the current imbroglio ....they have run army as their own fiefdoms or Jehagirs to be bestowed upon successor of their choice .army is quintessentially governed by civilian authority and we still have such scenario ...imagine if army is allowed to have greater say as some people argue ..what will happen .

The respect is not to be demanded ..it is to be earned .

What do you expect people to do ...keep quite about the power tussle within the army ?

But for your information ..no one ...at least myself never commented about army's internal bickering and game of moves and counter moves to check mate each other .

My stance was simple - out going government which is minority and lame duck one as well has just few hours left should not have rushed to take such decision in such hurried manner especially when there s no urgency ...made an ethically , morally and politically wrong decision .

we live in a democratic country and everything under the sun can be subjected to public scrutiny and nothing is so sacrosanct to be shielded from due criticism except our right to do so .

The words that you have used repeatedly only show your bias and disdain for certain group of people .

Senior and most respected member like you could have expressed your opinion in better words .

Garbage post.

Fact- Singh is a Hindu/Sikh surname. The Sikhs took it from Hinduism to Sikhism as they converted.
Singh means lion and is a Kshatriya surname. Just like Pakistani rajputs still use hindu titles like Rana which they took along with them when they converted.

There are more Hindu Singhs in India than Sikh Singhs and both will not bat an eyelid before giving any sacrifice for our nation.

Stop spreading illogical and deluded lies that your parents have fed you. Pakistan lost half its territory because of such archaic thoughts of racial supremacy.

Third Gen Pakistanis think that Jats/Jatts/Gujars/Rajputs are muslim tribes. You have got to be more specific.

Mr. Dalbir Singh Suhag is a Hindu Jaat from Haryana.

Glad to know that you understand the Sikh and Rajput cultural similarities. Didn't expect anyone from BD to know the term 'mona sikh'. Nice.

Although India/Indians are not popular here, the Sikhs have a special place in our heart because of Gen Arora and Shaeed Gen Shahbegh Singh.

Although India/Indians are not popular here, the Sikhs have a special place in our heart because of Gen Arora and Shaeed Gen Shahbegh Singh.

I am sure we are unpopular. There were many more names that fought and bled.

offtopic
guyz watch this interview(a must watch) on Rajyasabha TV
I started a thread but it was moderated for unknown reason
Very very interesting video

Maybe deserves a separate thread.

@KRAIT @Dillinger @sandy_3126 @sancho @Sidak @arp2041 @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Aeronaut @Oscar @Water Car Engineer @Roybot @nair @Span @Capt.Popeye @IndoCarib @Indo-guy @kurup @IND151 @Sher Malang @Neptune @Chinese-Dragon @jiki @Unknowncommando @Koovie @Bombaywalla @Inqhilab

Have a look.

Indians are not here to participate in a popularity contest.

They will go wherever their nation is being discussed to put across their points of view & they need not necessarily be popular.

Indians are not here to participate in a popularity contest.

They will go wherever their nation is being discussed to put across their points of view & they need not necessarily be popular.
Khafa ho gya? You must not be liking the industrious hard working Sikhs.

Why should he be? Sikhs are like any other Indian following any religion of his/her choice. Why the stupid thought?

Having lived & served with them for years I find Sikhs & Sikh soldiers to be the most industrious community to live with.

My remarks pertained to the point of India/Indians not being popular here -post No 80

The BJP simply need to shut up on this matter. The UPA government isn't covering itself with glory by announcing this position with a couple of days left to go for the election results but the BJP should simply have no axe to grind here. The seniormost serving officer is being given the position, there is no superceding that is happening here. If the BJP had reservations, they should have expressed this in private but left the public space silent. It is also time that the BJP simply stopped allowing itself to be used by a recent entrant to the party, even if is a former CoAS . He, of all people, cannot be expected to have a neutral opinion in this matter. Senior politicians in the BJP should certainly have known better. This behavior reflects very poorly on the BJP.

The BJP simply need to shut up on this matter. The UPA government isn't covering itself with glory by announcing this position with a couple of days left to go for the election results but the BJP should simply have no axe to grind here. The seniormost serving officer is being given the position, there is no superceding that is happening here. If the BJP had reservations, they should have expressed this in private but left the public space silent. It is also time that the BJP simply stopped allowing itself to be used by a recent entrant to the party, even if is a former CoAS . He, of all people, cannot be expected to have a neutral opinion in this matter. Senior politicians in the BJP should certainly have known better. This behavior reflects very poorly on the BJP.

If I were Shuag I wouldnt start celebrating - yet.

The BJP has just stated that they may review all decisions taken by the UPA post imposition of Model code of Conduct.

@ subject : there are wheels within wheels

If I were Shuag I wouldnt start celebrating - yet.

The BJP has just stated that they may review all decisions taken by the UPA post imposition of Model code of Conduct.

@ subject : there are wheels within wheels

It's a done thing. No one will reverse this decision. There are no question marks about the man, VK Singh's opinion alone will not matter. The BJP isn't filled with idiots even if they occasionally do idiotic stuff. Any messing about with this appointment will clearly be politicking & the BJP is not about to do that. Which was why Ravishankar Prasad left it to the government's wisdom whether they wanted to proceed or not. Unlike other decisions, this one won't be even looked at for reversal.

Back
Top Bottom