Lt General Faiz Hameed plans to take early retirement after COAS appointment

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Lt General Faiz Hameed plans to take early retirement after COAS appointment​

Lieutenant-General-Faiz-Hameed.jpg

Lieutenant Generals (Lt Gen) Faiz Hameed and Azhar Abbas are reportedly contemplating planning early retirement following the appointment of Lt Gen Asim Munir as Chief of Army Staff (COAS).
Lt General Abbas is officially set to retire on April 27 next year while Lt General Hameed is scheduled to retire on April 30, 2023.
Both are from Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Long Course.

Earlier in the week, General Headquarters (GHQ) sent a summary containing the names of the six senior-most lieutenant generals to the Ministry of Defence for consideration for the two top military posts.
It is pertinent to mention that the summary included the names of Lt Gen Azhar Abbas and Lt Gen Faiz Hameed as candidates for the posts of army chief and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJSC).
On November 25, Lt Gen Asim Munir was officially appointed as the new army chief of Pakistan while Lt Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza was appointed (CJSC), the two seniormost men on the list making the final cut.

https://thecurrent.pk/lt-general-faiz-hameed-plans-to-take-early-retirement-after-coas-appointment/

I don't think 6 Months make d!ck of a difference.

I doubt he'll lose much or gain anything.

This will just be a clear indication that he's not pleased with the outcome and/or he just wants to hint that he doesn't want to serve under the newly appointed COAS.

I don't think 6 Months make d!ck of a difference.

I doubt he'll lose much or gain anything.

This will just be a clear indication that he's not pleased with the outcome and/or he just wants to hint that he doesn't want to serve under the newly appointed COAS.

Change of guard. New supremo will place his own favourites on the board. So at least those who were in the race opt to exit with whatever grace is left if any.

I think this news is propaganda because Faiz Hameed is way down the seniority list. No way in the world he could have become the next COAS - he must have been dreaming like a baby if he thought he had a chance. Or this news has been deliberately planted to put pressure on Faiz Hameed to retire cause the new COAS does not like him.

I think this news is propaganda because Faiz Hameed is way down the seniority list. No way in the world he could have become the next COAS - he must have been dreaming like a baby if he thought he had a chance. Or this news has been deliberately planted to put pressure on Faiz Hameed to retire cause the new COAS does not like him.
Before IK's ouster, there was talk that he was set to become COAS, so its not out of the realm of possibility that he'd be pissed off at missing out the opportunity.

Keep in mind Raheel Shareef was also a junior with many seniors above him, and he still made it to COAS.

This is very suspicious! Azhar Abbas I can understand. Even Azhar was not superceded but he had a real shot at promotion and could possibly dispute seniority list on 27th/29th etc. etc. and all that story and therefore may consider himself hard done by in some sense.

But Faiz Hameed? He was at no. 5. Under no seniority arrangement he had any claim of being in top two. He wasn't superceded in any way.

There's no tradition in Army of "Junior" officers taking retirement.

This can only mean one thing if the news is true. That he's afraid of serving under new COAS. It seems that rumours that Faiz was up to some no good but Bajwa didn't take strong action probably had some basis after all! Maybe he was afraid that the new COAS might not be so accomodating and decided to retire honourably while he could. Rather than face an inquiry and later action.....

Could also be some other reason and Allah knows Best, but the above seems the likely reason.

لیفٹیننٹ جنرل فیض حمید قبل از وقت ریٹائرڈ ہوگئے ۔ لیفٹیننٹ جنرل فیض حمید کا استعفیٰ بھی منظور کر لیا گیا۔

لیفٹیننٹ جنرل فیض حمید قبل از وقت ریٹائرڈ ہوگئے ۔ لیفٹیننٹ جنرل فیض حمید کا استعفیٰ بھی منظور کر لیا گیا۔

Is this news on media?

Is this news on media?
yes all over media . its better for faiz to go . he is also controvancial . dgisi and djispr must resign too . nation is sick of these .dirty harry ka to court marshal hona chayee .

None of them will go. No chance of any proceedings against all these rascals.
phit galiyoon ka next round ready hai pak army ki halat punjab police se buri hony wali hai first time in history .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom