What's new

Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh Suhag named new Army chief

The new government would be entitled to reverse this or any other decision, it would be foolish of them to do so which is why the won't, but still legally correct. There was no hanky-panky in announcing that the senior-most general will be the CoAS. If the Congress had pushed for someone else, that would certainly be the case but not here. There is simply not much of an argument here to be made against this decision.

Alas you at least agreed that the new government will have right to rescind the decision to name Lt Gen Suhag as Army chief .

Rest all your argument has no bearing upon me .

I stand by my statement that UPA's decision to rush to name successor to current army chief who will retires some 2 months later with just 3 days to go for declaration of results of general elections was absolutely immoral.

It amounted to usurp the right of new government to do so ....

You go on justifying UPA's immoral decision if it pleases you .

Alas you at least agreed that the new government will have right to rescind the decision to name Lt Gen Suhag as Army chief .

Rest all your argument has no bearing upon me .

I stand by my statement that UPA's decision to rush to name successor to current army chief who will retires some 2 months later with just 3 days to go for declaration of results of general elections was absolutely immoral.

It amounted to usurp the right of new government to do so ....

You go on justifying UPA's immoral decision if it pleases you .

INDO could you explain why Congress did this? What are the benefits? Or what am I missing? I mean what's the point of this action? Can BJP reverse this decision as it should?

The issue is not who is going to be next army chief ...issue is whether the minority government should have done so when it's matter of just few days that new government will be installed.

There was no urgency to do ...

It's immoral act on part of UPA government to rush to take decision...pragmatic thing would have been to let the new government announce the decision .

It's UPA government that has politicized the issue by rushing to take this decision .

@Abingdonboy is not GOD .

You may agree with him . I am not obliged to .

I am free to express my opinion ...just as you or anybody else should be .

You think that new government could be UPA -III or UPA III + or whatever you want to name it ...

But unfortunately UPA II does not share your unfettered optimism ....that's why they rushed to take decision with just 3 days to go for counting of votes .

If they knew they are coming to power by backdoor..they would not have done what they did ....

Their frustration and hopelessness is reflected in their hurried calculated moves .

Dude half these fukkers on this site are assholes. When yo try to educate them with the facts, they get their thongs bunched up. You cannot reason with idiots. Congrats to ppl like us who saw vision and ability in MODI. He won!

Like you said Congress took months to choose a bloody Navy Chief. They sprang to choose the Army chief 2-3 days before the 16th. It simply does notmake sense! There must be some crooked angle that we all are missing.

LISTEN.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU DON'T GET THIS SO I'LL LAY IT OUT NICE AND EASILY FOR YOU BRO.

In the Indian military after the age of 35 you either are PROMOTED or you retire every 24 months.

So, Dulbir Singh is coming to the end of this 24 month extension to his commission (will be around this time) now if he is not promoted to the COAS post he is RETIRED, no two ways about it.

In that case the ENTIRE COAS accession list would be torn up and meaningless, with a whole new set of people on that list as a new general would be made COAS and I've explained again and again why this is not desirable.

Hence TIME CRITICAL. A delay of a few weeks let alone months would see this mess ensue.

So whats the big deal if he retired. They were quick to get rid of VK Singh even though there were issues with his birth certificate. As for being a COngres supporter, we have all seen your previous posts on this site. Sry, you can deny it all you want sore loser....but it is what it is.

You ever think Congress is plaing games and purposely did this to create friction for the new govt knowing they are going to loose? Maybe this new guy is their right hand man in the Army?

Whatever the case, rushing to push this guy thru was not right. COnsidering all the corruption scandals that UPA has going for it, none of us at least sane ppl believe it was done for good purposes.

Btw who brought up caste in this campaign? Congress? I wish our media would show who was dividing our nation up.

INDO could you explain why Congress did this? What are the benefits? Or what am I missing? I mean what's the point of this action? Can BJP reverse this decision ?

Only possible reason for this action is that Congress wanted to prevent next government to change the line of succession.
But they should have left it to on conscience of new government.
actually it's rather inexplicable why congress should rush to take such decision .

BJP can reverse this decision. Nothing on earth can prevent them from reversing decision save their conscience .
and indeed Arun Jetley has hinted that NDA government will not drag august office of Army Chief in this political debate .

Back
Top Bottom