What's new

Khiljis are Pashtuns

nothing is abnormal about usage of word afghan for us, it has nothing to do with being in 16th or 21st century.....the abnormal and corrupt word is pathan, kindly do tabligh to others, whenever you have chance, not to use this derogatory indian word for us.

Pathan is not a derogatory word, punjabi/indian pathans call themselves pathan. .

Oh I see. Thanks for the informative post . Do you see them as more 'rustic' in outlook or what? Punjabis might be more secular but Mirpuris ,despite what they say, seem more malleable to Western Culture to you? Would you agree or no? Do you think religion plays a role in this whole thing? I was initially assuming that it doesn't but would like to know your opinion

I have lived with the Mirpuris. They are a very united group. Punjabis are 10 times more prone to western culture than them.

60% of the mosques today in the UK are Ahlesunnat. The rest 40% are deobadi/wahabi/shia. Of these 60% Ahlesunnat mosques, 90% are run and controlled by Mirpuris.

The religious factor ruling their lives, with the hundreds of young Sunni scholars they are producing in Coventry, Birmingham, Luton, London, Manchester, Bradford, Nottingham, Sheffield, Walthamstow, Halifax, Peterborough etc is undeniable. I have personally met face to face with dozens of them. Punjabis are no where near on the religious scene of this group [ Ahlesunnat ]Though it must be noted that the teacher of all these Mirpuri Sunnis are from Punjab. Their prime teacher is from Multan, and their second prime teacher is from Central Punjab

Their names are

1) Shaykh Saeedi Multani [ living in the UK today, appears on Mirpuri religious channels Takbeer TV, Noor TV etc.]

2) Mufti Yaar Khan [ from central Punjab ] considered the top Sunni scholar in the UK

you are correct on this point

Pashtun is Afghan, and Afghan is Pashtun

This is what my grandma taught me. She is a proud Durrani to her old age today.

That is what we call khawaje da gawa daddu

nothing is abnormal about usage of word afghan for us, it has nothing to do with being in 16th or 21st century.....the abnormal and corrupt word is pathan, kindly do tabligh to others, whenever you have chance, not to use this derogatory indian word for us.

And thats why mirpuris dont go to mosque other than juma,.....there were many mirpuris with us in college

Pathan is not a derogatory word in any sense, it is punjabi form of pakhtun.

@Multani
Thanks for the post brother.:yes4: And when you say mosques, do you mean predominantly in the pakistani community area or in general? Also in terms of numbers would you say that around half of Pakistanis in the U.K are mirpuris? Heard this a lot but would want to confirm. Also it seems that mirpuris have issues with pashtuns .

Pathan is not a derogatory word, punjabi/indian pathans call themselves pathan. .
O.K but we pashto speakers dont call ourselves pathans , yet you people insist on using it while have objections over Afghan word when "A" in pakistan stand for Afghania. The best word is of course pashtun, but Afghan is also part of our history poems and literature, pathan is not

This is new propaganda that is emerging on the internet these days by some nationalist pashtuns that "pathan" is a derogatory term when it is acutally punjabi/urdu form of the word pakhtun without involving any disrespect. Yes it is wrong terms but then Germans are not really germans they are acutally "Deutsch" and German is the english form of their ethnic name.

O.K but we pashto speakers dont call ourselves pathans , yet you people insist on using it while have objections over Afghan word when "A" in pakistan stand for Afghania. The best word is of course pashtun, but Afghan is also part of our history poems and literature, pathan is not

Germans also dont call themselves german but rather "Deutsch" and their country as Deutschland but I have yet to meet one german who will say oh you are disrespecting me by calling me a german (a foreign word) instead of "deutsch".

Last edited:
I personally always use pashtun but it doesn't help the layman on the street when some local pashtuns themselves call themselves 'pathan'. So I guess the laymen would not know what the ethnic designation is. Also it seems like this word is used all over India.

It is foreign word for us.....it is derogatory and improper word like ****

But you cannot force other people to call you what you call yourself in your language. Most names for nations and foreign people that we use in english language are also not indigenous names of those countries or people but no one gives a fkk about if those people like the english names of their countries and ethnic groups. Man this is not 16th century of Khushal khan khattak, those who want to survive in this 21st century will need to develop thick skin otherwise they will get extinct.

But you cannot force other people to call you what you call yourself in your language. Most names for nations and foreign people that we use in english language are also not indigenous names of those countries or people but no one give a fkk about if those people like the english names of their countries and ethnic groups. Man this is not 16th century of Khushal khan khattak, those who want to survive in this 21st century will need to develop thick skin otherwise they will get extinct.
This is 21st century, you can not impose hindu word pathan on us....racist pathan jokes were more than enough, now you wish to adulterate our identity?

@Multani
Thanks for the post brother.:yes4: And when you say mosques, do you mean predominantly in the pakistani community area or in general? Also in terms of numbers would you say that around half of Pakistanis in the U.K are mirpuris? Heard this a lot but would want to confirm. Also it seems that mirpuris have issues with pashtuns, bengalis etc.

By mosques I mean in general. Pakistanis make up half the Muslim population of the UK. And they possess 80% of all mosques in the UK. These are rough estimate by me. Mirpuris are more than half the population among Pakistanis.

Mirpuris are dominant [ among Pakistanis ] in the midlands and in the north except for Manchester and a few others. You can confirm this with others if you wish, and forgive me if some of my estimates are off, but I believe they are pretty much on the mark today.Mirpuris in the UK are fanatically Ahlesunnat [ in general ]/ Punjabis are no where on the scene. The whole religious sphere for Muslims in the UK outside of the tiny wahabi mohajiroon group [ by anjam chadhary ] and outside deobandis [ dominated by indian gujaratis and jamate islami dominated by Punjabi chachhis, and outside sal afis and shias in London, is dominated by Mirpuris.

This can be seen by the fervor of religious satellite channels opening up. You live in Canada and Canada is no where on the scence as the UK in terms of religiosity. In Birmingham, the second city, the majority of the mosques are run by Mirpuris, even though it is also the base of salafism in Europe outside London.

To me the UK is a highly religious place for Pakistanis, and it is only due to the Mirpuris there. Most Pashtuns in the UK are from Peshawar city and hindko areas. I didn't find any beef between mirpuris and them except that the mirpuris were complaining that the peshawari Pashtuns never pray or if they do then they go t the chacchhi janate islami mosques.

I didn't find any beef between mirpuris and Bengalis, except for the deobandi Bengalis in London or salafi leaning ones. The moral of this whole account is that: religion plays 10 times higher role in Pakistani Mirpuri life than Pakistani Punjabi life in the UK or Canada.

This is 21st century, you can not impose hindu word pathan on us....racist pathan jokes were more than enough, now you wish to adulterate our identity?

Your identity is nothing special. I gave you example that Germans are not germans but deutsch, Hollanders are actually niederlanders, Spanish are actually Espanoles , Austrians are actually Osterreicher and list goes on and no one in english speaking countries gives fkk about what those people think about it.

Your identity is nothing special. I gave you example that Germans are not germans but deutsch, Hollanders are actually niederlanders, Spanish are actually Espanoles , Austraians are actually Osterreicher and list goes on and no one in english speaking countries gives fkk about what they think about it.
Its not about being special or unimportant, identity is identity. Would you be comfortable if others start calling your kind punjo or punji on pattren of **** ?
You are a fascist person, shahmir

And the international media and community use word pashtun for us. No one knows about your punjabi or hindu word pathan

Its not about being special or unimportant, identity is identity. Would you be comfortable if others start calling your kind punjo or punji on pattren of **** ?
You are a fascist person, shahmir

And the international media and community use word pashtun for us. No one knows about your punjabi or hindu word pathan

Wrong, pathan is used as much as pashtun in english literature for example in UK the people who were more aware of pathans, britishers always referred to pashtuns as pathan in all the books in colonial era. They even made a distinction between pathan proper (Karlanis) and afghan proper (Ghilzai, Durranis).
Explain me how pathan is derogatory, it would be derogatory if we would call you pashtunoo , pashtuna or pashtunar as that would be derogatory. I cannot figure out how pathan is derogatory in linguistic terms.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom