What's new

Khiljis are Pashtuns

Wrong, pathan is used as much as pashtun in english literature for example in UK the people who were more aware of pathans, britishers always referred to pashtuns as pathan in all the books in colonial era. They even made a distinction between pathan proper (Karlanis) and afghan proper (Ghilzai, Durranis).
Explain me how pathan is derogatory, it would be derogatory if we would call you pashtunoo , pashtuna or pashtunar as that would be derogatory. I cannot figure out how pathan is derogatory in linguistic terms.

He is right. The word pathan is derogatory.

you being a jatt from central Punjab wouldn't know because of your indian/hindu culture [ casteism ] and mindset

@Marwat Khan Lodhi

Wrong, pathan is used as much as pashtun in english literature for example in UK the people who were more aware of pathans, britishers always referred to pashtuns as pathan in all the books in colonial era. They even made a distinction between pathan proper (Karlanis) and afghan proper (Ghilzai, Durranis).
Explain me how pathan is derogatory, it would be derogatory if we would call you pashtunoo , pashtuna or pashtunar as that would be derogatory. I cannot figure out how pathan is derogatory in linguistic terms.
British borrowed this word from hindus , but they have also used word Afghan. Infact in old domiciles and land records, in our areas, the qaum is mentioned as Afghan. Sir olaf careo book , the pathans became famous (it was written in 80s). Otherwise mughal and persian historians have used word afghan for us, and british historians, for most of the time kept word afghan. British media of today, no longer use word pathan for us, as they are no longer ruling hindus.

British borrowed this word from hindus , but they have also used word Afghan. Infact in old domiciles and land records, in our areas, the qaum is mentioned as Afghan. Sir olaf careo book , the pathans became famous (it was written in 80s). Otherwise mughal and persian historians have used word afghan for us, and british historians, for most of the time kept word afghan. British media of today, no longer use word pathan for us, as they are no longer ruling hindus.

British made a distinction between Pathan proper (Karalanis of FATA agencies) and afghan proper (Ghilzais and Durranis) of Kandahar.
Also I am talking about literature not media, all genetics papers use pathan instead of pashtun.

British made a distinction between Pathan proper (Karalanis of FATA agencies) and afghan proper (Ghilzais and Durranis) of Kandahar.
Also I am talking about literature not media, all genetics papers use pathan instead of pashtun.
This catagorization is unique to sir olaf careo. He is even criticized for it in academics. Believe me i have read numerous british sources about us.
Punjabis, sindhis and kashmiris would do us a big favour if they stop using this hindu word and write some thing meaningful about us, like british, other than pathan jokes.

This catagorization is unique to sir olaf careo. He is even criticized for it in academics. Believe me i have read numerous british sources about us.
Punjabis, sindhis and kashmiris would do us a big favour if they stop using this hindu word and write some thing meaningful about us, like british, other than pathan jokes.

But he supported his thesis by careful studies of the two groups, he found that pathans (FATA karlanis) were tall people where as afghans (Ghilzais durranis) were midgets compared to pathans of his time, so distinction was there to base his thesis on.

I always use Pashtun after my friend told me that some find Pathan derogatory, for me feelings of my fellow countrymen are very valuable.

Last edited:
But he supported his thesis by careful studies of the two groups, he found that pathans (FATA karlanis) were tall people where as afghans (Ghilzais durranis) were midgets compared to pathans of his time, so distinction was there to base his thesis on.
Check out the description of various british authors, they couldnt agree upon whether afridis are tall or short people, brawny or slim. My marwat people are described by sir edward as afghans with rosey complexions with green blue eyes. Another one, a traveler, describe us as brown beauties.

BS.

Hey guys, look I found something interesting.

The kammis in Punjab who use the surname "Mughal" also attach kami next to their surname

check this

Kami Mughal | Facebook

So they are not fakes. Their use of the surname "Mughal" is just like "khan" used by Rajputs and "chaudhary"used by Arains and jatts

These Kami Mughals do not look like the Mughal families of Punjab [ Barlas, Kassar, Chughtai, Beg, Qzalbash, Mirza ]

mirza ghulam qadyani, was he a kami Mughal?

@Shabaz Sharif

@haj9211
i think this guys first name is kami short for kamran. its got nothing to do with"kaammi" baradari

Check out the description of various british authors, they couldnt agree upon whether afridis are tall or short people, brawny or slim. My marwat people are described by sir edward as afghans with rosey complexions with green blue eyes. Another one, a traveler, describe us as brown beauties.
do you have rosy complexion with green or blue eyes?

marwat in punjab means
mar wat= twist
aka twist your mustache

When I was in pakistan I also used to think that pashtuns are quite light skinned but after coming into germany my impression has changed. Now having spent a lot of time in germany and having met with people from all five continents I see everyone in pakistan, afghanistan, iran and middle east as brown people. Only turks of turkey are on average lighter skinned particularly turks living in western turkey , that is also the reason why they are sometimes considered european.

@Multani
Thanks for the post brother.:yes4: And when you say mosques, do you mean predominantly in the pakistani community area or in general? Also in terms of numbers would you say that around half of Pakistanis in the U.K are mirpuris? Heard this a lot but would want to confirm. Also it seems that mirpuris have issues with pashtuns .

Mirpuris are 60% of Pakistani population in UK, pretty huge number from one small area.

O.K but we pashto speakers dont call ourselves pathans , yet you people insist on using it while have objections over Afghan word when "A" in pakistan stand for Afghania. The best word is of course pashtun, but Afghan is also part of our history poems and literature, pathan is not

Look Chinese don't call themselves Chinese in their own language, there are hundreds of example like that. If pathan was derogatory then why punjabi pathans use this word? I even seen Karachi pathans using that word and unlike punjabi pathans these are recent migrants in Karachi.

I have reported your post for disgusting racism

Look at your posts multani, have some shame. Word racism coming from your mouth doesn't seem right. :lol:

pot calling the kettle black

Look Chinese don't call themselves Chinese in their own language, there are hundreds of example like that. If pathan was derogatory then why punjabi pathans use this word? I even seen Karachi pathans using that word and unlike punjabi pathans these are recent migrants in Karachi.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt earlier but look at all the IDs this shabaz sharif has on PDF

is this guy in any way trustable?

@shan @Nuri Natt @gulchuloo

and I bet other IDs

that shahmir Kashmiri is another top racist

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom