What's new

Khiljis are Pashtuns

Hey dude. Kami is a name, not a caste. :D

No kammi would call himself a "kammi". Just like a roma gypsy would never call him/herself a gypsy. They usually claim origins other than their original tribe. After all who'd want his/her surname to be, let's say, Bangali? And yes, there's a Punjabi tribe called "bangali".

very racist post

You have been clean bowled by me , I dont know why you still not able to grab the simple point that kami is merely a nick name for Kamran. And there are people on facebook with ID kami plus their tribe names.

look at how many negative ratings you have

But my point is why not "Pashtun prince", is afghan more importan for you than "pashtun" which is the acutal name specific to pashtuns only and does not involve current neighboring identity of afghanistan where every citizen of that country is afghan whether pashtun, tajik or hazara.
For me Pashtun is Afghan, Afghan is pashtun, in literature and history. When i will have conversation with you in daily life, then i would make the distinctions to avoid confusion.

For me Pashtun is Afghan, Afghan is pashtun, in literature and history. When i will have conversation with you in daily life, then i would make the distinctions to avoid confusion.

you are correct on this point

Pashtun is Afghan, and Afghan is Pashtun

This is what my grandma taught me. She is a proud Durrani to her old age today.

Apologies. You seem to be fully aware of the Punjabi-Mirpuri rivalry in the UK. I misunderstood your earlier statement.

Mirpuris have some grievances against Punjab. For example the Mangla dam

The mangla dam which gave them visa to UK? I think the reasons are completly others and nothing to do with Mangla dam at all.

For me Pashtun is Afghan, Afghan is pashtun, in literature and history.

But that I think is a verse from Khushal khan khattak from 16th century, why you want to remain stuck in 16th century, it is time to move on as today "Afghan" is a shared identity for all pashtuns, tajiks, harazas and other citizens of afghanistan.
21st century Afghanistan has destroyed what Khushal khan khattak might have asserted in 16th century. This world is always in continuous change, as they say nothing is permanent except change.

Apologies. You seem to be fully aware of the Punjabi-Mirpuri rivalry in the UK. I misunderstood your earlier statement.

Mirpuris have some grievances against Punjab. For example the Mangla dam

No worries brother. The educated mirpuris/ muzzafarabadis consider themselves 'pahari' (the ones that I've met). Whehther they call themselves 'kashmiri pahari' was unknown to me. Most of them are not ACCEPTED as punjabis by the punjabis . Interestingly, they still play the dhol and do tappay etc. I have heard that Pakistanis of other groups (not just lahoris etc.) prefer living in other areas as some stereotype mirpuris as drug-dealers so this has created this issue. Moreover there ARE ethnic koshur-speaking kashmiris in AJK who moved to England so it's just not paharis. I personally find this whole situation as unfortunate as different groups should get closer to each other.
Moreover they were sent to England proclaimed as 'kashmiris'. As per my knowledge, it even says that on their passports.
Also they have been part of kashmir politically for more than 150 years. You gotta remember that they whole concept of 'ethnicity' is very recent to begin with so.

The mangla dam which gave them visa to UK? I think the reasons are completly others and nothing to do with Mangla dam at all.

The reason is very simple mirpuris have very rural form of life style even in UK whereas punjabis are people who try to transform themselves in the host societies and because mirpuris are not doing so and perhaps bringing bad stereotypes about pakistanis in UK.

very racist post

How is that a racist post? There's also a Punjabi tribe called "kanjar" and they are mostly settled in Hira Mandi lahore. Now if you were a kanjar, would you name your son or daughter "xyz kanjar"? There's a Baloch tribe called "Lund". Will anyone use lund as a surname?

PS: Kammi is not a "zaat". It's a distinction. Chuhras, musallis, doom, mirasis, julahas etc are all, unfortunately, labelled as kammi in Punjab.

No worries brother. The educated mirpuris/ muzzafarabadis consider themselves 'pahari' (the ones that I've met). Whehther they call themselves 'kashmiri pahari' was unknown to me. Most of them are not ACCEPTED as punjabis by the punjabis . Interestingly, they still play the dhol and do tappay etc. I have heard that Pakistanis of other groups (not just lahoris etc.) prefer living in other areas as some stereotype mirpuris as drug-dealers so this has created this issue. Moreover there ARE ethnic koshur-speaking kashmiris in AJK who moved to England so it's just not paharis. I personally find this whole situation as unfortunate as different groups should get closer to each other.
Moreover they were sent to England proclaimed as 'kashmiris'. As per my knowledge, it even says that on their passports.
Also they have been part of kashmir politically for more than 150 years. You gotta remember that they whole concept of 'ethnicity' is very recent to begin with so.

there are other issues as well.

Punjabis in the UK are very secular in outlook or have shia leaning pirs, or have wahabism/deobadism in them, especially chacchis.

Mirpuris on the other hand are 95% Ahlesunnat

Mirpur itself is one of the places in Pakistan that is a bastion of Ahlesunnat in Pakistan.

Also, Kotli north of Mirpur has 10,000 Ahlesunnat Mosques and Qur'an Karim Schools all built by Hazrat Naqshbandi who passed away recently. He is considered as the major contemporary Sufi Saint of Mirpuris [ pretty much by most of their families ].

Shaykh Asim Hussain [ Mirpuri ]

A young Ahlesunnat Scholar of the UK

@mughal arslan shah mirza

Last edited:

Punjabis in the UK are very secular in outlook or have shia leaning pirs, or have wahabism/deobadism in them, especially chacchis.

Mirpur itself is one of the places in Pakistan that is a bastion of Ahlesunnat in Pakistan.

Also, Kotli north of Mirpur has 10,000 Ahlesunnat Mosques and Qur'an Karim Schools all built bu Hazrat Naqshbandi who passed away recently. He is considered as the major contemporary Sufi Saint of Mirpuris [ pretty much by most of their families ].

Oh I see. Thanks for the informative post . Do you see them as more 'rustic' in outlook or what? Punjabis might be more secular but Mirpuris ,despite what they say, seem more malleable to Western Culture to you? Would you agree or no? Do you think religion plays a role in this whole thing? I was initially assuming that it doesn't but would like to know your opinion

But that I think is a verse from Khushal khan khattak from 16th century, why you want to remain stuck in 16th century, it is time to move on as today "Afghan" is a shared identity for all pashtuns, tajiks, harazas and other citizens of afghanistan.
21st century Afghanistan has destroyed what Khushal khan khattak might have asserted in 16th century. This world is always in continuous change, as they say nothing is permanent except change.
nothing is abnormal about usage of word afghan for us, it has nothing to do with being in 16th or 21st century.....the abnormal and corrupt word is pathan, kindly do tabligh to others, whenever you have chance, not to use this derogatory indian word for us.

Also, Kotli north of Mirpur has 10,000 Ahlesunnat Mosques and Qur'an Karim Schools all built bu Hazrat Naqshbandi who passed away recently. He is considered as the major contemporary Sufi Saint of Mirpuris [ pretty much by most of their families ].

Shaykh Asim Hussain [ Mirpuri ]

A young Ahlesunnat Scholar of the UK

@mughal arslan shah mirza

And thats why mirpuris dont go to mosque other than juma,.....there were many mirpuris with us in college

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom