What's new

Karachi MetroBus NEXT! (should've been the first) Sez Chief Minister Punjab

Many Pakistanis don't pay federal or provincial taxes so you have little right to demand anything from your Government.

Lahore

IMAG0752_zpsd3e73ccf.jpg

@darkinsky, you do not know what you are talking about. Go on, admit it. When was the last time you were in Lahore? My guess is 'never' or at least not in the last three years.

I stopped paying any attention to Hasan Nisar a long time ago - he is not a genuine person. Too full of himself.

The mega projects in Lahore are more about electoral politics and less about people's actual needs. But still I bet the Metro project must have set some sort of record of fast execution in third world countries. Just because CM Shahbaz Sharif is insanely focused person. But does it matter to you, who thinks that it is useless? I know some money could be saved and the execution could have been a lot less painless had this project been given a few more months and planned in sequential execution instead of parallel execution at all levels. Yet that takes nothing away from the eventual usefulness of this project. If you grudge it, that is because you are jealous. Pure and simple. BTW I am also middle class. My father walked to Pakistan with nothing in his pocket. No Raiwind palaces for me buddy. It is just your sick imagination.

I do enjoy your diction and manner of addressing others though, just goes to show the mentality of typical MQM supporter. Can you not for once broaden your mind and find in your heart some little semblance of respect for hard work done by someone other than an MQM minion?

I can tell you are not a technical person from your assertion that Lahore should instead have gone for underground metro. Do you realize the difference in cost of the two projects? And yet the Bus Metro project does not necessarily eliminate the plans for underground rail service. We could have that a decade or two later when economy could support such a project. But no use spending PRs 450 Billion when the job is essentially done in a lot less.

I do not think that a resident of Lahore appreciates an MQM fanatic worrying about the beauty of Lahore, when in fact he is just jealous that Lahore trumped Karachi in an important aspect. Blame your own selves. Karachi was less developed but a lot more peaceful before MQM came along. I miss that.

Last edited by a moderator:
@darkinsky, you do not know what you are talking about. Go on, admit it. When was the last time you were in Lahore? My guess is 'never' or at least not in the last three years.

I stopped paying any attention to Hasan Nisar a long time ago - he is not a genuine person. Too full of himself.

The mega projects in Lahore are more about electoral politics and less about people's actual needs. But still I bet the Metro project must have set some sort of record of fast execution in third world countries. Just because CM Shahbaz Sharif is insanely focused person. But does it matter to you, who thinks that it is useless? I know some money could be saved and the execution could have been a lot less painless had this project been given a few more months and planned in sequential execution instead of parallel execution at all levels. Yet that takes nothing away from the eventual usefulness of this project. If you grudge it, that is because you are jealous. Pure and simple. BTW I am also middle class. My father walked to Pakistan with nothing in his pocket. No Raiwind palaces for me buddy. It is just your sick imagination.

I do enjoy your diction and manner of addressing others though, just goes to show the mentality of typical MQM supporter. Can you not for once broaden your mind and find in your heart some little semblance of respect for hard work done by someone other than an MQM minion?

I can tell you are not a technical person from your assertion that Lahore should instead have gone for underground metro. Do you realize the difference in cost of the two projects? And yet the Bus Metro project does not necessarily eliminate the plans for underground rail service. We could have that a decade or two later when economy could support such a project. But no use spending PRs 450 Billion when the job is essentially done in a lot less.

I do not think that a resident of Lahore appreciates an MQM fanatic worrying about the beauty of Lahore, when in fact he is just jealous that Lahore trumped Karachi in an important aspect. Blame your own selves. Karachi was less developed but a lot more peaceful before MQM came along. I miss that.

Sir, actually the Underground portion is still possible. Remember what we have today is just 1 line in Lahore. Insha'allah many more will have to come to meet the population's demands.

Sir, actually Underground portion is still possible. Remember what we have today is just 1 line in Lahore. Insha'allah many more will have to come to meet the population's demands.

I know that bhai. In fact underground is much more suitable for Lahore. There is no solid rock to dig through, it would be a much simpler process to make and finish tunnels. It is just that we do not have the money for it yet. The good thing about Bus Metro is that the facilities created can be turned over to private vehicular traffic easily enough. I have a feeling that this might happen in the next 15 to 20 years in any case. Another neglected part is the lack of appreciation of the actual railway line for metro usage. That is a whole big link right there, but no one has thought of using it as of yet.

Had Karachi been a more peaceful city, it might have enjoyed these facilities already. It did have a tram line once long ago. Sometime I think Karachiites do not appreciate their city as much as they should.

Just because you beloved party didn't do anything for their beloved city, doesn't mean that whatever others are doing is junk

There are two ways to look comparatively better,

1 Doing better than the other guy...........very difficult for corrupt gangsters
2 Make them look bad by ...........easy for experts in mud slinging

which one are you?

:lol::lol: @FaujHistorian i never thought you were ganja fan here

metro bus is a failed project, just piles and more piles of junk and garbage , scrap material, the money used is all garbage

and here is our reputable junior thinking to apply the same junk to karachi

the work which MQM did in musharraf's time is uncomparable

last but not the least :lol:

:lol:

what a bunch of ganwan and praised by faujhostorian :lol:

MQM is in govt for past some 11 years ???? or more???? and all they can show against Metro Bus Service is some buses, BIG buses :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next will be Rawalpindi, Faislabad and then Multan. Its confirmed.
As far as Karachi goes, i agree with you. I think they don't deserve it. The ones who do are Hydrabad, Sukkur and Larkana in Sindh.

Karachi deserve it yar.

lozz. So all of them are going to get burned by the political rented terrorists.

along with nawaz shareef :lol:

I fear you might not be of "Rabita committe"......Anyways.... If some one expresses his love for Krachi and says to do something better ...Why a**es of Bahies get burnt..... .. I appreciate the work done by Mustafa Kamal, but that does not come up to needs of people..... Karachi mera bhi utna hi he... jitna apka he.... karachi Shehbaz Sharif ka bhi utna hi he... Jitna apka he..... So dont be passive.....

I fear you might not be of "Rabita committe"......Anyways.... If some one expresses his love for Krachi and says to do something better ...Why a**es of Bahies get burnt..... .. I appreciate the work done by Mustafa Kamal, but that does not come up to needs of people..... Karachi mera bhi utna hi he... jitna apka he.... karachi Shehbaz Sharif ka bhi utna hi he... Jitna apka he..... So dont be passive.....

i have nothing agaist shahbaz shareef not that im even bothered about his wastage of money because im not bothered about lahore at all, but people from your city come here and try to belittle mustafa kamal and his efforts by so childish comments like he just put his name plate on the stuff which was already made by naimatullah khan, and such utter lies is unexceptable, merey bhai mustafa kamal did more than what shahbaz has done for lahore, except BRTS and ring road and kalma chawk shahbaz has done very little and at the same time mustafa kamal has finished some 2,496 projects in his tenure in what ever limited resources he had and limited powers in a city like karachi which is more complex than lahore and diverse and there are so much complications like PPP politics, land mafias, transport mafia, and with all odds he did his best and people belittling MQM and mustafa kamal is just pathetic

mustafa kamal is a trend setter, there was no one before him to take the role model of city and civic development in such a manner in a country like pakistan

mustafa kamal is not some high fi politician with millions of dollars worth of properties abprad and a gigantic palace to live in, he just dwells in house built in 120 sq yards and is very humble, he doesnt drive black mercedes or BMW like shareef bradrans do, he just served as a public servant in a very honest manner and carried developments and improvements 24/7 and still people bash him just because you have egos and dont want to accept, well dont accept we dont care

i have nothing agaist shahbaz shareef not that im even bothered about his wastage of money because im not bothered about lahore at all, but people from your city come here and try to belittle mustafa kamal and his efforts by so childish comments like he just put his name plate on the stuff which was already made by naimatullah khan, and such utter lies is unexceptable, merey bhai mustafa kamal did more than what shahbaz has done for lahore, except BRTS and ring road and kalma chawk shahbaz has done very little and at the same time mustafa kamal has finished some 2,496 projects in his tenure in what ever limited resources he had and limited powers in a city like karachi which is more complex than lahore and diverse and there are so much complications like PPP politics, land mafias, transport mafia, and with all odds he did his best and people belittling MQM and mustafa kamal is just pathetic

mustafa kamal is a trend setter, there was no one before him to take the role model of city and civic development in such a manner in a country like pakistan

mustafa kamal is not some high fi politician with millions of dollars worth of properties abprad and a gigantic palace to live in, he just dwells in house built in 120 sq yards and is very humble, he doesnt drive black mercedes or BMW like shareef bradrans do, he just served as a public servant in a very honest manner and carried developments and improvements 24/7 and still people bash him just because you have egos and dont want to accept, well dont accept we dont care

I love Mark Twain. I think I shall answer with his quotes:

1. "Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
You have nothing against Shahbaz since you are not 'bothered' about his wastage of money. You are bothered enough to make an allegation, but not bothered enough to substantiate. Anyone who does not associate with MQM is automatically guilty it seems. I see that you are not bothered about Lahore either. That is a great relief. A relief even greater would be to know that MQM is not bothered either. Yeah, who would want Bhattakhore mafia in Lahore who keep close tabs on journalists.

2. "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."
Seeing that you are fond of making your views known without bothering with facts brings to mind the above quote.

3. "Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about."
Just replace the word 'Patriot' with 'MQM fanatic'. One gets a wonderfully clear picture of the SOP for your kind. Great advertisement for MQM though. I wonder how many people have you converted to your cause? I also wonder how many people have been successfully put-off by you. MQM-fanatics are the secret weapon pointed backwards. Great job.

4. "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom