What's new

Karachi MetroBus NEXT! (should've been the first) Sez Chief Minister Punjab

Again I would like to say that a city with over 1 crore population there is imply no point of only Bus transportation. You need a rail metro along with feeder lines of buses and monorails. This is not me saying this, but the most experienced man in the world of Metro rails. In India we respect him and call him the metro man. E Sreedharan He is a consultant of 12 different metro rails under construction in all Indian cities and is a world renowned engineer. Maybe he can also assist Pakistanis in their dream of changing public transportation.

Monorail project 'not really suited' for Chennai: E Sreedharan - Economic Times

i agree, karachi badly needs metro rail, my dear metro bus needs nothing other then few international quality buses plying on dedicated lanes

karachi has wide lanes so i dont know why this is so much hoopla of metro bus, its the bus mafia we need to eliminate, we had metro bus long time ago(10-13 years) but it was bulldozed by transport mafia

Imagine if there is total peace in Karachi then what will happen?

then karachi will be forced to make more money and become double money making hore

sorry to say aap ko he na dibo dya jye samunder me :lol:

karachi faces a transport mafia, two times karachi had wonderful transport system, and luxury big buses, the pathan transport mafia has all the shots for karachi transport...(one time in naimatullah khan's period, another in mustafa kamal's period)

01-29-CNG-bus-service-B.jpg

green hino buses were bought to ply on karachi roads

karachi+green+bus.jpg

the green Scania buses were imported from holland by naimatullah khan to ply on karachi roads
The important question is. Where are these buses now? There were many good transport initiatives in Karachi but the popular gherao jalao forced the investors to pull off their investments. The government initiatives went down the drain due to lack of even poor management (Yes it was worse than poor). The result is that karachi is left with ony W-11s, Khans,Shirazis etc where only those who lack choice, travel. I only saw one active route of green buses and the fleet have started to show wear and tear.

merey bhai to federal government q bana rahe ho, punjab government banao bas?

u couldnt get me right ..i was saying that sindh government should do devoplment in sindh ..federal cant do development projects their ... ( may be im wrong )

Yes Feudalism is more in Sind, thats what i said & thats where money goes, one of the member here ask me apart from Karachi why there is no industrial city in Sind & i replied that it was because of feudalism...read my post carefully again.

Where was this shahbaz sharif since last 4.6 years? Where was all these development in those years? Suddenly when elections are near they started tons of projects. Sorry but this is just to make awam fool & gain their votes. And even now what he is developing, roads, busses, few 25 storey buildings which he consider are skyscrapers lol, No new power projects, no industrial towns, no new industries, no major projects. What he call development is just basic necessity.

And yes IK is better choice but not best, IK seems like a soft person who can mess up issues like Kashmir dispute, etc for Pakistan. Also i'm afraid he can make Pakistan dependant on india for basic needs like Electricity, Railway Engines, Petroleum stuffs, etc just for the sake of friendship.

How can your industry grow when there's no electricity? Have you heard about the initiatives of SS to promote dairy sector and cold storage facilities in Punjab? These are just two of many things which he introduced for increasing value add in Punjab's agriculture and livestock sector.However, these initiatives doesn't have any political appeal since these are macro initiatives. But even for cold storage industry to flourish, we needed electricity which was willfully denied by the centre by not issuing performance guarantees. Despite being constrainted, SS did something for the people when nobody else was doing anything for the rest of three provinces.
I have nothing against IK and hae huge respect for him as a leader. But do not take away from someone when credit is due. IK is yet to prove himself (he is getting his chance in KPK and my sincerest wishes for him).

The important question is. Where are these buses now? There were many good transport initiatives in Karachi but the popular gherao jalao forced the investors to pull off their investments. The government initiatives went down the drain due to lack of even poor management (Yes it was worse than poor). The result is that karachi is left with ony W-11s, Khans,Shirazis etc where only those who lack choice, travel. I only saw one active route of green buses and the fleet have started to show wear and tear.

the investment was going fine, at the start it was only green bus, but then gradually many companies poured into it and we saw the competition among them, it was all because of planned conspiracy of mini bus transport mafia, they didnt want their monopoly eliminated so they removed the hurdle in their way

those luxury buses had almost the same fare as mini bus had, they were taking over their businesses

the investment was going fine, at the start it was only green bus, but then gradually many companies poured into it and we saw the competition among them, it was all because of planned conspiracy of mini bus transport mafia, they didnt want their monopoly eliminated so they removed the hurdle in their way

those luxury buses had almost the same fare as mini bus had, they were taking over their businesses
What other companies can you name? I haven't seen any recently. Even the examples of excllent transportation initiatives existed around 5-6 years ago when all transportation stuff kicked off in Karachi.

And this is from an anti-punjab page on facebook. Self explanatory I guess
934027_578023985551374_1010723920_n.jpg

580165_578030805550692_913236764_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/LamhaNews

Btw we can compare Mayor of Karachi with CM of Punjab on name development Mustafa kamal Made 4 Signal free corridors in karachi while SS made not a single one ,,, Mustafa kamal Made uncountable number of fly overs in karachi and roads of karachi are wider then lahore and a Lyari Expressway while SS made 4 to 5 fly overs only in lahore + 40km ring road used by a very little ratio of traffic there and a metro bus. Both were lovers of making roads and infrastructure they dont have vision to educate the mass

luxury buses cant survive in karachi until govt takes a action against transport mafia in karachi

Bro I know Karachi is one of the developed cities but can you explain to me why are the skyscrapers so low, why they're not developing subway and bus systems, why is the road management so poor, why are so many projects on hold, why they keep banning internet????? Just take a look at Lahore they've developed BRTS, skyscrapers are on a rise, roads have become westernized, and at least the skyscrapers are not small unlike Karachi. I'm Punjabi myself but I'd rather see Karachi developing more than any other city since it is more like a business hub. Gwadar which developed after Karachi has improved a lot in these years...... In fact you can say it is already a developed city I don't want Gwadar to have skylines. They've already developed port offices, houses, roads, schools, hospitals, and street lights. While Karachi which is supposed to be business has kept all these projects including the Hawks bay bridge are on hold. Can you enlighten me why Karachi is doing that and no you are wrong Karachi is polluted because of these primitive Pashtuns who attack MQM and its members

i am living in lahore i dont know what sky scrapers of lahore you talking about except a IT tower equal to Habib Bank plaza and Pace Tower which is on hold from many years and many of buildings on hold after the demolishing work by SS on illegal buildings which caused serious damages to the investors in lahore

A subsidy of a billion rupees per month on Shahbaz Sharif pet project? And that too for only 27 kms. This project is not viable and better ways need to be found for public transport.

But these brothers dont want to do long term reforms. They want Showbaazi. Quick turnkey projects no matter how heavy they weigh on public finances.

Btw we can compare Mayor of Karachi with CM of Punjab on name development Mustafa kamal Made 4 Signal free corridors in karachi while SS made not a single one ,,, Mustafa kamal Made uncountable number of fly overs in karachi and roads of karachi are wider then lahore and a Lyari Expressway while SS made 4 to 5 fly overs only in lahore + 40km ring road used by a very little ratio of traffic there and a metro bus. Both were lovers of making roads and infrastructure they dont have vision to educate the mass

dude mustafa kamal was 'mayor' of karachi, SS was the 'chief minister of punjab'

health, education etc etc ministeries doesnt come under local government, still mustafa did what ever he could

pervez ilahi was a better and visionary chief minister of punjab

Last edited by a moderator:
luxury buses cant survive in karachi until govt takes a action against transport mafia in karachi

any development in transport will be made after the mafia is destroyed, these mafias even operate machine guns to rocket launchers, so you can easily understand how powerful this mafia is

dude mustafa kamal was 'mayor' of karachi, SS was the 'chief minister of punjab'

health, education etc etc ministeries doesnt come under local government, still mustafa did what ever he could

pervez ilahi was a better and visionary chief minister of punjab

Mustafa Kamal is great honest leader, no comparision with any X Y or Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom