What's new

Karachi MetroBus NEXT! (should've been the first) Sez Chief Minister Punjab

This is what I want to see and this is what Karachi deserves.

A-metro-train-passes-a-Du-004.jpg

Karachi_Circular_Railway_Proposed_Network.png

KarachiMetrocopy.jpg

dude mustafa kamal was 'mayor' of karachi, SS was the 'chief minister of punjab'

health, education etc etc ministeries doesnt come under local government, still mustafa did what ever he could

pervez ilahi was a better and visionary chief minister of punjab

i know dear i am saying A mayor's work of 5 year can be compared to the super duper over rated CM of punjab

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I want to see and this is what Karachi deserves.

A-metro-train-passes-a-Du-004.jpg

Karachi_Circular_Railway_Proposed_Network.png

KarachiMetrocopy.jpg

the lower map is not realitic i think its just imagination not official, the upper map is the same old KCR circular route, total waste of money

i am purely not a MQM supporter but i have to admit that Mustafa Kamal build a new Karachi for Karachites, i remember metro bus was first launched in 2002-2003 they were fully airconiditoned coasters with automatic doors and they were in white color i think it was introduced my Naimatullah, then when mustafa Kamal came in karachi was in toatal control in MQM and I still believe those were the best part of my life in karachi, I was just a teenager and doing my matric and Inter, i saw how he developed karachi not just the road but he completed a brilliant project which was not completed by Naimatullah because of shortage of funds, it was govt heart hospital in F.B area near waterpump, still now its working and is in excellent condition u can't use any source there to speed up your operation process, until and unless u know some big fish of MQM, we should thank Musharraf because he gave the funds to the Mayor to develop the city, it is because that we see under passes fly overs etc etc, some mentioned the Lyari expressway was built my Mustafa Kamal it wasn't it was build federal govt mustafa kamal has nothing to do with it, but surely if he did work and we should commend that.

So know Karachi should get ready to pay 1 billion per month to run metro bus service. because in lahore it is running with 1 bollion subsidy every month. These are Shoshay projects. public money waste, yeh 30 billion laga k kui power plant hi bana letay. but no they have to fool jahil awam with these shoshay projects.

So know Karachi should get ready to pay 1 billion per month to run metro bus service. because in lahore it is running with 1 bollion subsidy every month. These are Shoshay projects. public money waste, yeh 30 billion laga k kui power plant hi bana letay. but no they have to fool jahil awam with these shoshay projects.

You really should research a bit before you slap an emotional post on the forum.

Electricity generation became a prerogative of provinces after 18th. amendment. But the Federal government under PPP maintained its stranglehold via various ministries. Nandipur & Chicho ki Malian thermal power projects, and Head Marala hydro project were planned by Punjab Government. The federal government used ministry of Law to raise obstacles for Thermal power projects (960 MW) and their machinery has been lying at Karachi port for perhaps three years. The hydro power project being financed entirely by China on soft loans was similarly scuttled when Federal government refused to provide sovereign guarantee.

Now after having this been done to Punjab government's electricity generation plans, who in their right minds would plan or execute anything else while PPP was in power?

Learn to research a bit before posting.

You really should research a bit before you slap an emotional post on the forum.

Electricity generation became a prerogative of provinces after 18th. amendment. But the Federal government under PPP maintained its stranglehold via various ministries. Nandipur & Chicho ki Malian thermal power projects, and Head Marala hydro project were planned by Punjab Government. The federal government used ministry of Law to raise obstacles for Thermal power projects (960 MW) and their machinery has been lying at Karachi port for perhaps three years. The hydro power project being financed entirely by China on soft loans was similarly scuttled when Federal government refused to provide sovereign guarantee.

Now after having this been done to Punjab government's electricity generation plans, who in their right minds would plan or execute anything else while PPP was in power?

Learn to research a bit before posting.

sir im waiting for bullet trains(karachi to peshawar) and karachi metro rail and no load shedding(in entire country) in six months(according to claim of sir shahbaz shareef)

hope it gets built :cheers:

in lahore already the metro bus has not decreased the traffic problems, it has infact increased it

metro bus will be disaster in karachi, a city like karachi isnt gonna benefit from useless metro bus projects, it needs metro rails and PMLN will make it possible

@FaujHistorian

sir im waiting for bullet trains(karachi to peshawar) and karachi metro rail and no load shedding(in entire country) in six months(according to claim of sir shahbaz shareef)

hope it gets built :cheers:

What does that have anything to do with what I wrote. If I have misplaced any facts, please correct me; if not then why bother going off on a tangent?

in lahore already the metro bus has not decreased the traffic problems, it has infact increased it

You really do not know what you are talking about. Have you used LMB? Have you seen the benefit to traffic pattern? Have you noticed that slightly longer travel distances have actually shortened driving times and increase economy of driving?

NOPE you have done none of that and you have noticed none of that. I have done all three and I save time and fuel because of LMB even though I do not use it often.

What does that have anything to do with what I wrote. If I have misplaced any facts, please correct me; if not then why bother going off on a tangent?

you support PMLN and i think PMLN has promised to build bullet trains and end loadshedding in six months let see how much PMLN has substance in their tall claims

you support PMLN and i think PMLN has promised to build bullet trains and end loadshedding in six months let see how much PMLN has substance in their tall claims
Have you ever been to Lahore? I used to live near Kalima Chowk while I was on training. Diewoo was the first bus introduced on the pattern of rapid and luxury transportation. Where usual bus would take me in an hour, Diewoo used to take me there in about half an hour maximum. And the dominant majority of Working class (officials etc) used to travel through Daewoo eventhough they charged higher than the Urban transport system. Even with its smooth running, we had to at least endure two signal delays at Kalima Chowk (Usually it took three). Now even tribune estimates that daily 1.2 Lac passengers use Metro, had such an efficient system not been in place they would look for alternatives like personal bikes or cars which would rather lead to increased traffic. Something thats happening in Karachi. People prefer to buy personal vehicles rather than using the obsolete transportation system.

You feel the need to force-fit things only because of your parochial world view. I do not support PML-N. I merely pointed out a factual position. You mistook it for support for PML-N only because that is how you see things. I call things as I see them, not as I want them. That is why even though I am a nominal IK supporter, I do not allow that to interfere with my analysis.

What's wrong with you guys? You never give credit to where it deserves. Instead, you guys give misinformation and lie per your own agenda. I have been following a lot of stuff in Pakistan for years, and I know that metro bus project is one of your national assets like the motorway. Who told you it takes a billion as subsidy to run?? Back it up by facts. Transparency int'l says the project ended before time with slightly cheaper than they thought. Why would you lie about anything??

Have you ever been to Lahore? I used to live near Kalima Chowk while I was on training. Diewoo was the first bus introduced on the pattern of rapid and luxury transportation. Where usual bus would take me in an hour, Diewoo used to take me there in about half an hour maximum. And the dominant majority of Working class (officials etc) used to travel through Daewoo eventhough they charged higher than the Urban transport system. Even with its smooth running, we had to at least endure two signal delays at Kalima Chowk (Usually it took three). Now even tribune estimates that daily 1.2 Lac passengers use Metro, had such an efficient system not been in place they would look for alternatives like personal bikes or cars which would rather lead to increased traffic. Something thats happening in Karachi. People prefer to buy personal vehicles rather than using the obsolete transportation system.

good for lahore, what has it got to do with my post you quoted?

lahore MBS system causes 1 billion per year subsidy minus the maintainance, its a burden on lahore and the price of fare will keep increasing not the practical solution for the transport problem im afraid

karachi will keep using the private transport if MBS is applied in karachi, until unless karachi metro is made

also lahore doesnt have transport mafia which karachi has, karachi is a multi ethnic city and too complicated and not very simple like lahore

and it will be used to generate electricity.......and it will promote industry---the industry of looting the people with overcharegs feukl costs......and importing buses..the tender will create more wealth in commisions......great way to go.....

You feel the need to force-fit things only because of your parochial world view. I do not support PML-N. I merely pointed out a factual position. You mistook it for support for PML-N only because that is how you see things. I call things as I see them, not as I want them. That is why even though I am a nominal IK supporter, I do not allow that to interfere with my analysis.

i want bullet trains and end of load shedding in six months, or your tiny bubble will be burst dear

and also i would pretty much like to see karachi metro in these five years(if not completed then even the commencement will do the job, provided its PMLN planning and not that idiotic KCR and financed by federal directly and not previous PPP plans)

since many members like @cb4, @hasnain0099 criticised karachi transport it will be amusing to see how the federal deals with this transport problem, other wise their bubble will be burst

you are in the government now and no type of rants and bullshitt will do, its time to do some ground work and then boast about anything

if 18th amendment is a hindrance please by all means scrap 18th amendment which you have complete authority of and you already have clear majority and no type of 'coalition partners blackmailed us' will do

and deal with this problem, we want the things done now

your favourite party is not limited to lahore now, any law and order problems, any transport problems will directly relate to how federal handles the stuff because you are running this country with clear majority now with no one else to black you or into power sharing with you

please impose governor rule if you have to and get things done in entire pakistan not just lahore

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom