What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Look at the KG600 attached with intake hardpoint

Su-30MKK_KG600b.jpg

Not to be a stickler for detail but:
1- The picture shows the opposite side of the pod.
2- If we assume it is symmetric then the intakes don't match. The one on the JF-17 is much much wider.

EDIT: Or I am just making a mountain out of a molehill

Not to be a stickler for detail but:
1- The picture shows the opposite side of the pod.
2- If we assume it is symmetric then the intakes don't match. The one on the JF-17 is much much wider.

EDIT: Or I am just making a mountain out of a molehill

Nosecon indicates it to be a KG600. And most probably it is a CGI hence they didnt put quite exact dimensions of the pod

2aaepaf.jpg

Nosecon indicates it to be a KG600. And most probably it is a CGI hence they didnt put quite exact dimensions of the pod

2aaepaf.jpg
The picture I posted is from a reliable source, I wouldn't dismiss it so easily.

You are right the nose does look similar. Definitely looks more like the KG600 than the KG300 to me. Perhaps the feature in the CFD is hidden from view in the pictures you've posted. So we're going for the KG600 then?

BTW can you briefly describe the pic ... ??
I believe it is just a rudimentary CFD analysis showing the pressure over the entire surface.

I believe it is just a rudimentary CFD analysis showing the pressure over the entire surface.

that even I can understand (a little bite) what I am more interested to know is it from any detail report & was this analysis conducted before the the JF-17 crash or after the crash (after the strengthening of wings) ... ??

thnx in advance ...

that even I can understand (a little bite) what I am more interested to know is it from any detail report & was this analysis conducted before the the JF-17 crash or after the crash (after the strengthening of wings) ... ??

thnx in advance ...
Oh I am sorry, I misunderstood. This is a fairly recent image (past couple of months) so definitely after the crash. This isn't from a report or anything (to the best of my knowledge) but from someone senior who has worked on the JF-17. That's all I wish to divulge. I hope you understand.

I want to say KG600 but I can't find any good picture of it other than the one you've posted. Doesn't look like the KG300, which is what JF-17 was shown with.

Information from Paris 2015 (possibly Zhuhai 2014 if I am not mistaken) was that the KG600 was available for the Jf-17.

Back
Top Bottom