What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Yes you are right the picture is supposed to show the REK.

Honestly, I am confused a little now. At first I thought it was the Mk-83 but now I am looking at the tail section and it might be adding a fair bit of length so it might just be a Mk-82. Perhaps someone with a better eye for this kind of thing can identify it better.

You are right it is the outer pylon and this is a block-1 JF-17.
AND it if indeed is an Mk-83 on the outer pylon, it mean significant improvement after the wing roots extension, in fact, the performance if better that what i was expecting. A 1000 pound bomb on the outer most pylon means some serious load carrying capability improvement. Those twin ejector may well become reality soon and that will be big for JF17. Two WVM on tips, four BVRAAM on the outer most hard point with twin launch rail, two fuel tanks on the inner wing hard points for extended range and time and a POD under fuselage!!
Just get that fking extra hard point under the cockpit for that POD and we can move to a single external tank on central hard point and use the two on wings for more BVRAAM, may be 2 or even four more with twin ejectors!! That is some serious payload capability!! SERIOUS!!

@araz @Quwa @Tempest II @TOPGUN @Basel @TaimiKhan @WAJsal @Windjammer What do you think about this Mk83 on outer most hard point? Thoughts?

AND it if indeed is an Mk-83 on the outer pylon, it mean significant improvement after the wing roots extension, in fact, the performance if better that what i was expecting. A 1000 pound bomb on the outer most pylon means some serious load carrying capability improvement. Those twin ejector may well become reality soon and that will be big for JF17. Two WVM on tips, four BVRAAM on the outer most hard point with twin launch rail, two fuel tanks on the inner wing hard points for extended range and time and a POD under fuselage!!
Just get that fking extra hard point under the cockpit for that POD and we can move to a single external tank on central hard point and use the two on wings for more BVRAAM, may be 2 or even four more with twin ejectors!! That is some serious payload capability!! SERIOUS!!

@araz @Quwa @Tempest II @TOPGUN @Basel @TaimiKhan @WAJsal @Windjammer What do you think about this Mk83 on outer most hard point? Thoughts?
It also displayed a certain improved capability in the last firepower display.

12359426_10153268455277514_1909114062_o-jpg.277973

It also displayed a certain improved capability in the last firepower display.

12359426_10153268455277514_1909114062_o-jpg.277973
These were carried on the inner hard points not the out ones. There is a difference carrying the same weight bomb on inner pylons or the out ones. The further away from the center they are the more load they will cause. In the picture shared by with Mk-83 REK, it is on the outer hard point. Makes me dream about may be even two twin ejector rails on each wing!! :P

I have little to reference for pixel counting but it looks on the larger side than a Mk-81. However this is difficult because of the kit. And also the Mk81 and Mk82 are not very different in size;

View attachment 327138
Check it for Mk-83. It looks like an 83 to me if OTHER pics are used as ref.
Can you do that?

AGAIN, i am really fascinated! If this indeed in a 1000pound bomb on outer most hard point under the wing then it is a WOW moment for me.

These were carried on the inner hard points not the out ones. There is a difference carrying the same weight bomb on inner pylons or the out ones. The further away from the center they are the more load they will cause. In the picture shared by with Mk-83 REK, it is on the outer hard point. Makes me dream about may be even two twin ejector rails on each wing!! :P

Check it for Mk-83. It looks like an 83 to me if OTHER pics are used as ref.
Can you do that?

AGAIN, i am really fascinated! If this indeed in a 1000pound bomb on outer most hard point under the wing then it is a WOW moment for me.

The Mk83 is 3m long. A Mk83 with a REK would be longer. I would therefore expect the kitted Mk-83 to be twice the height of those guys. I think that bomb+kit is about 2.5-2.75m long.

8s.jpg

The Mk83 is 3m long. A Mk83 with a REK would be longer. I would therefore expect the kitted Mk-83 to be twice the height of those guys. I think that bomb+kit is about 2.5-2.75m long.

View attachment 327221
Well i am not that good a pixel count etc so i used a simpler scale, just see/guess how much of the bomb structure is in front and behind that wing! It gives you an idea. Have previously seen Mk-83 on inner wing pylons where wing is wider, the amount of bombs OUTSIDE the wing is lesser and it is more in this on where it is on the outer hard point. That is what makes me say it is Mk83 but surely that is no hard and fast rule or a scientific assessment. Just some guess work.

I am making too many assumptions now.

I assume the guys shoe to be 300mm/1ft. On my screen that is 40 pixels. The bomb is 428 pixels. That is 3210mm. However the bomb is further away from the camera, so it is longer than 3210m
shoes.JPG

The size definitely matches a mark 83 bomb. But its still close to the 450-500Kg mark, which JF-17 was always configured to carry at this hard point.

Check the middle one, it matches that pic bomb.

http://i.dawn.com/large/2015/01/54c650036533b.jpg

I assume the guys shoe to be 300mm/1ft. On my screen that is 40 pixels. The bomb is 428 pixels. That is 3210mm. However the bomb is further away from the camera, so it is longer than 3210m
View attachment 327223

did you check this? its rather old but still worth a share..

news-DFSC_0043t.jpg

AVM Jacob John Nzvede (Zimbabwe) visits PAC

25 April, 2016 - A 04 member VIP delegation Led by AVM Jacob John Nzvede visited Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra on 25 April, 2016. The delegation was received by Gp Capt Waqas Islam, SSO to Chairman PACB Kamra. The dignitaries were then called on by Chairman PACB. A brief presentation was given to the visiting team, presenting the products, services and capabilities of PAC Kamra. A brief question-answer session was carried out during the presentation. Areas of mutual interests and benefits were discussed. The briefing was followed by a tour to PAC Facilities. The delegation appreciated and acknowledged that Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra is fully equipped with manufacturing and aviation facilities.

did you check this? its rather old but still worth a share..

news-DFSC_0043t.jpg

AVM Jacob John Nzvede (Zimbabwe) visits PAC

25 April, 2016 - A 04 member VIP delegation Led by AVM Jacob John Nzvede visited Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra on 25 April, 2016. The delegation was received by Gp Capt Waqas Islam, SSO to Chairman PACB Kamra. The dignitaries were then called on by Chairman PACB. A brief presentation was given to the visiting team, presenting the products, services and capabilities of PAC Kamra. A brief question-answer session was carried out during the presentation. Areas of mutual interests and benefits were discussed. The briefing was followed by a tour to PAC Facilities. The delegation appreciated and acknowledged that Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra is fully equipped with manufacturing and aviation facilities.

Thanks. Looks like the deal is not dead and buried. Maybe a bit sickly but chances are something will materialise in a not too distant future

Last edited:

View attachment 327223
So the bomb is a "ten shoe bomb" :lol:

The size definitely matches a mark 83 bomb. But its still close to the 450-500Kg mark, which JF-17 was always configured to carry at this hard point.

Check the middle one, it matches that pic bomb.

http://i.dawn.com/large/2015/01/54c650036533b.jpg
Again i wont be able to compare these two size wise and the best scale for me was how much of the bomb in in front of and behind the wing, visible. It do looks like an Mk-83
With REK in place as seen in the image, it is 500 KG plus. Confirming the possibility of two SD-10 (180x2 = 360 + Twin rail) on the outer most hard point as well.

Back
Top Bottom