What's new

Pakistani GIDS TAKBIR Series Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb

@Quwa

Since they have put it in the brochure now, I think I feel comfortable sharing this.

IMG-20160520-WA0005.jpg

Pakistan should launch new photo capturing satellites jointly with China to monitor Afghanistan border specially

What is more interesting for me (since i beleive Mk-83 is one of the first weapon systems cleared with JF17 and also because i know about these REK) is a thousand pounder bomb on the outer most wing pylon!! Tells you something about the wing root extensions and the load bearing capability.

@araz @Quwa @Tempest II any thoughts on that?

Last edited:
@JamD , Have you got a larger image and maybe I can try and ID if it is a Mk-82 or Mk-83?

Thanks
No, that's the actual image. It is cropped but it is in the original resolution I have. If I had to put my money I would say mk-82 simply because it is on the outer pylon. I don't think the outer pylon is rated for 1000 lb load. But I may be wrong.

Last edited:
No, that's the actual image. It is cropped but it is in the original resolution I have. If I had to put my money I would say mk-2 simply because it is on the outer pylon. I don't think the outer pylon is rated for 1000 lb load. But I may be wrong.
Good point!

On second thought, the image below has 2 x 500lb on the outer pylons:

JF-17_thunder_Fighter_jet.jpg

Thanks for sharing the image and the reply.

Dimensionally accurate (Javed) Artist's Impression of the FT-12/REK-III
1622964012842.png

Interestingly, I don't think it's any longer than the IREK. It's just fatter in the back to accomodate the rocket. And the electronics have probably been moved into the wing section, which appears to be taller/fatter. Also, apparently this is mounted right side up (unlike the IREK).

@kursed

Last edited:
Dimensionally accurate (Javed) Artist's Impression of the FT-12/REK-III
View attachment 751036

Interestingly, I don't think it's any longer than the IREK. It's just fatter in the back to accomodate the rocket. And the electronics have probably been moved into the wing section, which appears to be taller/fatter. Also, apparently this is mounted right side up (unlike the IREK).

@kursed
Any idea how we put an IREK together? Do we (or OEM) manufacture the kits separately and configure the GPB at the base? Or do we pair the kit to the GPB at the production line (meaning we ship complete PGBs to the front)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom