What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

PWC and klimov have had a stormy relationship but that is purely over administrative & financial issues @ St Petersburgh. They are still subcontracting PW206B turboprop at their perm plant. Nothing to do with metallurgy.
Russian metallurgy is no good. It is a fact. None of Russian private companies able to meet the demand of PW and GE for engine outsourced parts.

CMC is nothing new, there are better alternatives available. Harnesses are of different types & variable functions! eg. wire harnesses. Very general Q.
Madam what about things like heat signature, fuel efficiency, radar footprint? Engine rotating blades are prime spots for detectio. Also, for example, GE is trying out its CMC technology on the F404. This will lead to longer service life, lower weight, tolerance for higher temperatures, and evfn reduced radar signature. These type of bleeding edge advancements are usually found on European/American engines first. Also, we know that the Indians have classically had serious problems with SU-30 engines. And PAC is looking towards French companies for repairing high temperature harnesses on RD-93. Clearly the quality of the harness is not up to mark?

This is incorrect.
I am not aware of 'total life' !! Proper term is service life.
EJ-200 and variants have a service life of 5500 hrs. This is because it is a low-bypass, 8C/2T engine. It has less stages therefore higher service life & easy to maintain vs RD (4 lo+9 hi compress) & AL-31/41 engines. Nothing to do with poor metallurgy etc etc. Other way round, russian metallurgy is equivalent if not better than western counterparts.
i thought the the turbine after the combustion chamber is what takes the most beating, and both the ej-200 and rd-93 have 2 turbines. the bpr is not that large 0:49:1 vs the 0:4:1 for the ej-200 and the rd-93.

i feel russain engines still have some way to go. even india with the rd-33mk is having issues and thats the latest variant.
granted the pd-14 and the al-41 are going to be near par to western standards especially the al-41 if they come through with the variable cycle flow
the f119 and the f100-229eep is even worse in respects to the bpr

JF-17/FC-1 for Myanmar Air Force takes to the air.

View attachment 403374

I hope the source codes and weapons have different frequency and configuration than what's used for Pakistan. India would get every bit of the detail on this jet from Myanmar.

Do you happen to know if there are differences in Radars and other critical components? This is a good development.

Anyone with pics of Block III yet?

Why they would need 100 planes?
Maybe to put India under even more pressure!!! I think the Indians want to keep a 3 to 1 advantage over her smaller neighbors. Even BD folks were complaining that if they put one battalion at the border, Indians put 3!!! The way BD and Burma are arming themselves, and that too under the Chinese patronage, I don't know how India can keep up with the math!??!!?? By the by, the Burmese army is their deep state with extensive economic strongholds and the Chinese connections!!!

Maybe to put India under even more pressure!!! I think the Indians want to keep a 3 to 1 advantage over her smaller neighbors. Even BD folks were complaining that if they put one battalion at the border, Indians put 3!!! The way BD and Burma are arming themselves, and that too under the Chinese patronage, I don't know how India can keep up with the math!??!!?? By the by, the Burmese army is their deep state with extensive economic strongholds and the Chinese connections!!!
Myanmar has not very good r/s with Bangladesh and Thailand.

Via Chinese Military Aviation
JF-17M1.jpg

@razgriz19 @Bilal Khan 777 @Thorough Pro @khanasifm leistritz extrusion tech makes major maintenance easy for Aero turbines. Overhaul depends on its scope first furnished by Siemens 1-preinspection routine 2-alignment check 3-minor disassembly 4-NDT or nondestructive checks 5-Fact finding 6-Reassembly 7-Commissioning. Its a standard check everywhere. No replacement, addition,subtraction. That's all, nothing special or spectacular here from an engineering & maintenance perspective.
You are correct, but one thing i learned while studying aviation is that whenever you overhaul something, it is to bring it back to its manufactured specifications. In other words, if some parts are worn out, or time ex, they would be replaced immediately.
And FYI i am a NDE technician. I have Canadian certifications. I work in Nuclear and Oil fields/pipeline.

According to chinese military website, some time ago, a delegation of Myanmar Air force visiting the JF-17 Xiaolong booth at Zuhai was asked to confirm the purchase of the Advanced fighter and they confirmed the purchase and added that it will be designated by another name, likely a strong reference to ruby as local designation. (pardon the rough translation)

The JF-17M avionics / weapon configuration ordered by the Myanmar Air Force is the Block II standard and has aerial refueling capability.

w640slw (3).jpg
w640slw (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom