What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

This is incorrect.
I am not aware of 'total life' !! Proper term is service life.
EJ-200 and variants have a service life of 5500 hrs. This is because it is a low-bypass, 8C/2T engine. It has less stages therefore higher service life & easy to maintain vs RD (4 lo+9 hi compress) & AL-31/41 engines. Nothing to do with poor metallurgy etc etc. Other way round, russian metallurgy is equivalent if not better than western counterparts.
Russian metallurgy is no good. It is a fact. None of Russian private companies able to meet the demand of PW and GE for engine outsourced parts.

I find it interesting that we saw 3xRubies on the PAC assembly line which we assumed were Burmese. Now we have the Burmese example flying out of China and CAC showing an assembly line with no less than 5 airframes. … … ???

I find it interesting that we saw 3xRubies on the PAC assembly line which we assumed were Burmese. Now we have the Burmese example flying out of China and CAC showing an assembly line with no less than 5 airframes. … … ???
Well may be both are making them. PAC is already busy with their own so they may not be able to fulfill whole order and CAC is making rest of the order.

It is possible parts from PAC sent to CACI and CACI is respnssible for final assembly and Test

The Nigerian order is with PAC and the Burmese order is with CAC. Besides some common components I am tempted to think they are fulfilling the orders separately.

It was build and assembled in Pakistan. For final critical parts integration they were sent back to china after completing it the testing also held there under PAC/Chinese engineers together.
Are you stating fact or theorizing like most of us?

Also the coloring of the plane suggests tht its nearly ready for delivery. We dont have direct defence links with burma and the deal must have been inked with China so china will be the one to deliver them and provide training. We may have gotten major part of manufacturing and final assembly and integration happens in china. Plus whats happening in burma with muslims may not be suitable for us to be visible in this deal.

Also the coloring of the plane suggests tht its nearly ready for delivery. We dont have direct defence links with burma and the deal must have been inked with China so china will be the one to deliver them and provide training. We may have gotten major part of manufacturing and final assembly and integration happens in china. Plus whats happening in burma with muslims may not be suitable for us to be visible in this deal.

What Pak Friends need also to understand is the minor question of financing... herein lies the clues to the delivery route.

For the rest PAC is building what PAC needs to... Nigeria would see a different route goes without saying.

How the Profit will be shared between CAC and PAC??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom