What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

After Completing the century by the end of block 2. PAC would manufacture Naval version of JF-17 for Pakistan Navy to replace ageing Mirage 5.

Currently PN has 25 to 27 Mirage 5.
Which they would replace with jf-17 by 2020.
Sir PAF naval already flying thunders naval version armed with antiship missiles

Those birds are under PAF. Pakistan navy will get their own 2 Squadrons. Which will perform operations under Pak Navy.
PN do not operate any fighter aircrafts and nor it will ...

Its PAF pilots which are given to PN for better coordination with naval assets ...

PN do not operate any fighter aircrafts and nor it will ...

Its PAF pilots which are given to PN for better coordination with naval assets ...
Lolx when did i said Pakistan navy has its own pilots. I said they work under naval command work separately on Naval missions.

After Completing the century by the end of block 2. PAC would manufacture Naval version of JF-17 for Pakistan Navy to replace ageing Mirage 5.

Currently PN has 25 to 27 Mirage 5.
Which they would replace with jf-17 by 2020.

PN don't operate fighter jets PAF so that and JFTs with Minhasians are also good for Anti Ship role.

Sir for your kind info that naval arm already flying blk 2 thunder... 1 full squadron
Nope there's no thunder under PN yet. They are all in PAF but some of them were tested with ASHM's.
After the completion of this last block 2 Squadron in 2017. Pakistan Navy would get the delivery.

When fact finding shows anything, cycle is diverted to major or minor maintenance which is a different subject.

You are correct, but one thing i learned while studying aviation is that whenever you overhaul something, it is to bring it back to its manufactured specifications. In other words, if some parts are worn out, or time ex, they would be replaced immediately.
And FYI i am a NDE technician. I have Canadian certifications. I work in Nuclear and Oil fields/pipeline.

Dovetail joints of the LP compressor blades undergo the most significant stresses. Common location of failure.

i thought the the turbine after the combustion chamber is what takes the most beating, and both the ej-200 and rd-93 have 2 turbines. the bpr is not that large 0:49:1 vs the 0:4:1 for the ej-200 and the rd-93.

i feel russain engines still have some way to go. even india with the rd-33mk is having issues and thats the latest variant.
granted the pd-14 and the al-41 are going to be near par to western standards especially the al-41 if they come through with the variable cycle flow
the f119 and the f100-229eep is even worse in respects to the bpr

Nope there's no thunder under PN yet. They are all in PAF but some of them were tested with ASHM's.
After the completion of this last block 2 Squadron in 2017. Pakistan Navy would get the delivery.
Sir minhas squadron already converted ... its earlier role was air cover to pakistan navy though interception but now it is tasked with air cover to N plus antiship role ... if we dont have naval role for thunder then why we purchased c802 ? Just for fun ?

I know the Archer HUM has been mentioned for use on the FC-1/JF-17. I came across this Korean website http://www.wieng.kr/k_site/k_mimitary/air/k_air05.html offering Denel products. Here is the operational envilopbe of the Archer HUM

data49.jpg
data50.jpg

I know the Archer HUM has been mentioned for use on the FC-1/JF-17. I came across this Korean website http://www.wieng.kr/k_site/k_mimitary/air/k_air05.html offering Denel products. Here is the operational envilopbe of the Archer HUM

View attachment 403638 View attachment 403639

The problem for fighter jets is ejection. HMD/S for a rotary wing aircraft is not meant to be used when ejecting at high speed. Now if we can get them to work for a fighter jet solution and customize for us, that would be great! But it would need a lot of testing before we put our pilots' safety in their hands.

Back
Top Bottom