What's new

JF-17T - PAK-TURK Block 4

and how have you come to this conclusion saar

Show me whats Pakistani in JF17? Any software or hardware? I never heard of any single indigenous system or thing in JF17, all chinese stuff. Even the material for wings n fuselage are imported.

Show me whats Pakistani in JF17? Any software or hardware? I never heard of any single indigenous system or thing in JF17, all chinese stuff. Even the material for wings n fuselage are imported.

Even if there's none "indigenous" in strict terms. For Pakistan, getting localized production was a big step (even atleast at some level). Also not to mention co-owning the program. I guess "Indigenization" wasn't even the goal back in the 90's. By the 90s we were completely dependent on the americans. Sanctions were forcing the F-16s to be grounded. A 4th gen & BVR capable aircraft (with Pakistan's ownership) was a dream back then. So, in that sense, We have come really a long way. There are countries flying only 50 years old aircrafts in their airforces like Iran & NK. Pakistan's airforce would have been larglely like that if we wouldn't have done the decision for JF-17 program.

However, I agree Pakistan needs to revamp lot of things from economy to bureaucracy, govt departments and especially and foremost the Army / GHQ to fix things and make an enviroment where investors can invest, where talent is respected and utilised and all. Without major steps indigenization in any area will be difficult.

Man these posts from Pakistanis make me laugh, so devoid of reality. Most living in an illusion. Like whats in JF17 that Turkey cannot build itself? Why would they even need Pakistani help? They r building a 5th gen fighter so whats a 4th gen fighter to them.
Also if they required anything from jf17 or anything else, they ll go to china and not beggaristan, even in JF17 there is nothing Pakistani, not an iota of Pakistani indigenous system lolz, so why the hell would they even think of cooperation? All Pakistan does is assemble the plane and that too provided by china and trained by china.
Looking at how Pakistanis work, how Pakistani bureaucracy works and how corrupt everything is, would any of u as a country ever consider working with Pakistan? Lolz i doubt anyone would.
A lot of fact check in one para. These days of chest beating, it is very difficult to find someone bring out certain facts, the way you have done. Though a little too hard hitting words.

It does appear a little far fetched for Turkey to benefit from JF-17. More so considering so many programs they are running and already at much higher level in most aspects compared to Paksiatn.

If there would have been any plan, the block 3 would have seen a much more powerful engine and an IRST. JF-17 has a budgetary limit which blocks it's evolution. And a stealth program has to be designed from scratch. You can't just turn JF-17 into stealth aircraft because it's not designed as a stealth aircraft from it's inception. Maybe if Azeris are interested, a JF-17 with all Turkish avionics might work. Maybe if Turkish Airforce decides to replace F-4s, the same might help but to be a true multirole fighter, JF-17 still needs considerable investment.
I like You proverb""
ماری قوم میں دو طرح کے لوگ ہیں ١ شوکین جنھیں بوٹ کھانے کا شوق ہے اور ٢ پالیشیے جنہیں بوٹ پالش کرنے کا شوق ہے
""

Turkey has the "pressure" of time as Greece has made some modern procurements recently, but the "only" remaining part of the puzzle that Turkey has to resolve, is military jet engines which they are working on. They have enough infrastructre in place to pull this off, and they have made jet engines for other categories of products already - so they are progressing well in that direction. Turkey has everything else to build its own class of F16 jet if it chooses to ( Ka'an is a different larger beast to me ).
AGREE

English Mr English its a international forum
I am English speaking ,basically english medium education. Currently citizen of Canada since 32 yrs. Next time in English. But remember,
ردو ہے جس کا نام ہم ہی جانتے ہیں داغ
سارے جہاں میں دھوم ہماری زباں کی ہے

Last edited:
Man these posts from Pakistanis make me laugh, so devoid of reality. Most living in an illusion. Like whats in JF17 that Turkey cannot build itself? Why would they even need Pakistani help? They r building a 5th gen fighter so whats a 4th gen fighter to them.
Also if they required anything from jf17 or anything else, they ll go to china and not beggaristan, even in JF17 there is nothing Pakistani, not an iota of Pakistani indigenous system lolz, so why the hell would they even think of cooperation? All Pakistan does is assemble the plane and that too provided by china and trained by china.
Looking at how Pakistanis work, how Pakistani bureaucracy works and how corrupt everything is, would any of u as a country ever consider working with Pakistan? Lolz i doubt anyone would.
Hi,

Let me correct you first---the Turks are NOT building a 5th gen aircraft---.

They are IN THE PROCESS of building a 4.5 +++ gen aircraft.

Why does the US have foreign engineers. They can do it all themselves---.

If there would have been any plan, the block 3 would have seen a much more powerful engine and an IRST. JF-17 has a budgetary limit which blocks it's evolution. And a stealth program has to be designed from scratch. You can't just turn JF-17 into stealth aircraft because it's not designed as a stealth aircraft from it's inception. Maybe if Azeris are interested, a JF-17 with all Turkish avionics might work. Maybe if Turkish Airforce decides to replace F-4s, the same might help but to be a true multirole fighter, JF-17 still needs considerable investment.
Hi,

The JF-17 blk 3 has a very capable engine providing optimum power---just like the BLK 1 or the BLK 2 had---.

The Tomcat had an engine that was not very powerful---but still that aircraft was a monster---a 100 mile range Phoenix---.

Don't ask the americans---ask the iraqi air force---what the iranian f14's a did to their mirages---.

Last edited:
A JF17T makes little sense for Turkey right now and even less so for PAF.

PAF can integrate Turkish weapons and systems onto JF17C directly as it has access to the source code of the JF17C and a software/weapons integration lab at Kamra which was commissioned a few years ago.

Turkey has the "pressure" of time as Greece has made some modern procurements recently, but the "only" remaining part of the puzzle that Turkey has to resolve, is military jet engines which they are working on. They have enough infrastructre in place to pull this off, and they have made jet engines for other categories of products already - so they are progressing well in that direction. Turkey has everything else to build its own class of F16 jet if it chooses to ( Ka'an is a different larger beast to me ).
Hi,

Turkiye has found itself in the dreaded " NOW PROBLEM "---. What happens if the war starts now---?

The Turk aircraft Kaan is about 15 years away from integration---.

The available aircraft NOW are the J10C---JF17 BLK 3's---maybe Eurofighter---F-17 BLK 70---???????

Other than that ZILCH---nothing---nada. Turkish air force is facing a reality check moment at this time---.

They should have never gone for the S-400's---.

The US F-35 should have been a must purchase---. I do not know why Turkiye screwed that deal up so bad---.

Basically---bottom line---Turkiye has floundered on the fighter aircraft decision----maybe they are learning from Pakistan air force in how to become INCOMPETENT in the face of adversity---.

Very very disappointing---.

Last edited:
What makes it different from a 5th gen jet? does it not have internal weapons bays?

5th Gen is not 4.5 Gen with stealth shaping. There is lot more than this to be a true 5th Gen Qualifier and Above All the engine factor is also a big question here.

Back
Top Bottom