What's new

JF-17T - PAK-TURK Block 4

Hi,

Turkiye has found itself in the dreaded " NOW PROBLEM "---. What happens if the war starts now---?

The Turk aircraft Kaan is about 15 years away from integration---.

The available aircraft NOW are the J10C---JF17 BLK 3's---maybe Eurofighter---F-17 BLK 70---???????

Other than that ZILCH---nothing---nada. Turkish air force is facing a reality check moment at this time---.

They should have never gone for the S-400's---.

The US F-35 should have been a must purchase---. I do not know why Turkiye screwed that deal up so bad---.

Basically---bottom line---Turkiye has floundered on the fighter aircraft decision----maybe they are learning from Pakistan air force in how to become INCOMPETENT in the face of adversity---.

Very very disappointing---.
lol very well put

JF-17 and J-10 aren't real options due to chinese hardware that is incompatible with our systems.

EF-2000 and F-16 Block 70 aren't for sale to Turkey.

We have no options.

You can't make any plane stealthy by just applying RAM Coatings. RAM contribution in Stealth is small compared to other factors. Shaping is the most important in stealth.
Chinese did it without shaping to their flankers using composite materials and RAM on critical areas
You can with modern paint :-

lol very well put

JF-17 and J-10 aren't real options due to chinese hardware that is incompatible with our systems.

EF-2000 and F-16 Block 70 aren't for sale to Turkey.

We have no options.
Hi,

You are a 150-200 aircraft short---for today's combat.

PAF learnt the hard hard way---when it found itself caught with its pants down on february 27th---.

The reality was too strong to be ignored---they admitted their ignorance and signed up for the J10-C---.

Some learn sooner than the eithers---but everyone does---.

Some learn it sooner and are ready with sharpened blades---others keep making excuses and when the realization hits home---the enemy's blade is already at their necks---.

Today---we have close to 4 sqdrn's of advanced aesa equipped fighter aircraft deployed for action---.

Now where do our Turk brothers stand---. You get an aesa radar equipped aircraft today---it would take your engineers / pilots around 5 +++ years to come to terms with its operation and be highly capable of utilizing its services---.

I know that the Turks are a very proud people---but recognition and reality has to become evident sometime---.

Decades ago---I learnt the american thinkin about weapons---& wars.

For a war that you would be fighting today---you have to prepare 20 years ahead of time---design and get the weapons ready 15 years ahead of time for it would take you 10-15 years to be prepared to the fullest to operate that machine to the best of its capabilities---.

Last edited:
I provided evidence that radar absorbant paint and materials is in the field and with good research and development PAF could add it to their planes.
We have no capability to produce stuff like that may be china have that capability but we haven't
I provided evidence that radar absorbant paint and materials is in the field and with good research and development PAF could add it to their planes.
We have no capability to produce stuff like this may be china have that capability but we haven't

Last edited:
Hi,

You are a 150-200 aircraft short---for today's combat.

PAF learnt the hard hard way---when it found itself caught with its pants down on february 27th---.

The reality was too strong to be ignored---they admitted their ignorance and signed up for the J10-C---.

Some learn sooner than the eithers---but everyone does---.

Some learn it sooner and are ready with sharpened blades---others keep making excuses and when the realization hits home---the enemy's blade is already at their necks---.

Today---we have close to 4 sqdrn's of advanced aesa equipped fighter aircraft deployed for action---.

Now where do our Turk brothers stand---. You get an aesa radar equipped aircraft today---it would take your engineers / pilots around 5 +++ years to come to terms with its operation and be highly capable of utilizing its services---.

I know that the Turks are a very proud people---but recognition and reality has to become evident sometime---.

Decades ago---I learnt the american thinkin about weapons---& wars.

For a war that you would be fighting today---you have to prepare 20 years ahead of time---design and get the weapons ready 15 years ahead of time for it would take you 10-15 years to be prepared to the fullest to operate that machine to the best of its capabilities---.
I disagree on some points of yours..The thing which PA and PAF realised from 27th Feb was need for an air defence and J10 was just acquired as a reply to india's acquiring rafale..if you noticed than PA acquired HQ-9P with 125-150km range and then recently HQ-16FE with 160km range proves it and PAF has also been showing in its promotional video that it will soon induct HQ-9B with 250km range..

Pakistan should either co-operate with Turkiye on engine program of TFX or should have a share in China's WS-15 and have its maintainance facility when we induct 5th GEN.
WS-15 is just out of reach of Pakistan currently, and just start inducting few in numbers by PLAAF

WS-15 is just out of reach of Pakistan currently, and just start inducting few in numbers by PLAAF
Yeah but we don't plan to induct 5th Gen. fighter before 2030 either so if we co-operate with them by investing in that program than by 2030 it will be available and could be in more mature form too.

I disagree on some points of yours..The thing which PA and PAF realised from 27th Feb was need for an air defence and J10 was just acquired as a reply to india's acquiring rafale..if you noticed than PA acquired HQ-9P with 125-150km range and then recently HQ-16FE with 160km range proves it and PAF has also been showing in its promotional video that it will soon induct HQ-9B with 250km range..
Hi,

You did not mention what you disagreed with---.

My conversation was just about the aircraft only.

The LR SAMS S-400's are the cause of Turkiye's problems---& that was a separate subject---.

Yeah but we don't plan to induct 5th Gen. fighter before 2030 either so if we co-operate with them by investing in that program than by 2030 it will be available and could be in more mature form too.
We are not in a hurry to induct 5th gen jets, India don't have it and their AMCA project at least 10 to 15 years away, No need for 5th gen jets before 2030

We have 2 options either we can go to Chinese J-35 which is almost ready or either we can go to Turkish KAAN which is also 10-15 years away

If we will go to Chinese J-35 there is no need of high thrust class engines like WS-15 for J-35 because its a medium weight jet , 2 medium thrust class engines like upcoming WS-19 are enough for J-35

If we will go to Turkish KAAN its difficult to Install Chinese engines on KAAN because of geopolitical and technical stance of both countries and as for your information Turkeiye is developing indigenous engine for KAAN

Europe and USA some time ago decided that Turkey while in NATO , needed to counter Russia but they can't be provided certain advance planes

That is why they were excluded from F35 Deal
Eurofighter Jet program Turkey did not participate in it because they were promised F35

Turkey came out , on loosing end from Both the F-35 Deal and Euro Fighter program miss

• Saudi Arabia made a wise move to upgrade their Fighter Jets with Euro Fighters to supplement their fleet of F15

The relations between USA-Turkey soured a bit after USA attempted to topple Turkish Government

However , Turkey does have extensive experience flying the F-16 and they have also developed the central body of F-35 which is the core body part , so knowledge gained from it can help them construct KAAN project

Looking at the situation Iran find itself , today with lack of planes , I am sure Turkish planners are much interested to have their own fighter Jet Program in place so they can continue to defend their own National Interest

And to give Turkey credit they have spoken on international forums about Palestine and also on Syrian cause many times

Europe and USA some time ago decided that Turkey while in NATO , needed to counter Russia but they can't be provided certain advance planes

That is why they were excluded from F35 Deal
Eurofighter Jet program Turkey did not participate in it because they were promised F35

Turkey came out , on loosing end from Both the F-35 Deal and Euro Fighter program miss

• Saudi Arabia made a wise move to upgrade their Fighter Jets with Euro Fighters to supplement their fleet of F15

The relations between USA-Turkey soured a bit after USA attempted to topple Turkish Government

However , Turkey does have extensive experience flying the F-16 and they have also developed the central body of F-35 which is the core body part , so knowledge gained from it can help them construct KAAN project

Looking at the situation Iran find itself , today with lack of planes , I am sure Turkish planners are much interested to have their own fighter Jet Program in place so they can continue to defend their own National Interest

And to give Turkey credit they have spoken on international forums about Palestine and also on Syrian cause many times
Hi,

Turkiye chose S400 over the F35.

Not 15 years mr in 2026 the first 5 will be ready in 2027 2 per month will be produced.
Dear brother,
Kindly confirm this news from janes that "" February 24, 2022 - Turkey and Pakistan have joined forces in the development and production of a new fifth-generation fighter aircraft. A mock-up of of Turkey's TF-X at Singapore Airshow 2022. Pakistan has been confirmed as the first official partner in the TFX """
I could not find any news yet.

Back
Top Bottom