What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there were about a hundred and something. How many JF-17s will the PAF need?

Economic meltdown slowed everything or else we would had 70-80 JF-17's by now. JF-17 program faced delays. The production of Block-2 was meant to start last september but now it would start in early 2014. A 1 year delay.

PAF needs 150 JF-17. If economy situation becomes better. 250 would be acquired.

I heard that a third squadron of JF-17 is being raised.... it it true?? :pakistan:

Yes it is true.

That's why we have cruise missiles with 600 KM range and most of strategic places in india comes with in 600 KM distance
u can hit Delhi Mumbai but what about Bangalore kolkata pune etc. u can not hit them b 600km's range.

Sir great respect of yours for the knowledge you have.

but dude dont you think in a limited war its to dangerous to launch a cruise missile ? even we dont go for a nuclear war and cruise missile entering indian air space can panic the indian armed forces that either its nuclear tipped or conventional , if in panic they can launch a nuclear warhead .... human psychology 101 .....
strategic attacks and limited amount of warhead use in future wars , countries build weapons but who dare to fire them on a nuclear armed country ?

Whoever would launch nuclear weapons will be at advantage.. for some reason Pakistan never agreed with India not to sue Nuclear Weapons in the case of war and Pakistan also advocates first use if required.

But a question from Informed guys,

Can an aircraft like JF-17/F-16 or J-10 or missiles (loaded with non-nuclear bombs) make an enemy airport un-opera-table for course of war? I think only nukes can do this service?

Whoever would launch nuclear weapons will be at advantage.. for some reason Pakistan never agreed with India not to sue Nuclear Weapons in the case of war and Pakistan also advocates first use if required.

Can an aircraft like JF-17/F-16 or J-10 or missiles (loaded with non-nuclear bombs) make an enemy airport un-opera-table for course of war? I think only nukes can do this service?

Commiting to no first use policy does not corspond to doctrain of maintaining minimum deterance level. In the presence of nuclear weapon creating an illusion through use of non-nuclear weapon is even more dangerous as in panic other side will respond with nuke.

With regards to nuteralisation of airfields, those are done with conventional weapon. Combination of anti runway & anti personnel weapons can easily fulfull the task. Nuke is never the first option, especially when its after effects are very commonly known. With the type of long range missiles with Pakistan and India has, there should be no doubt in anyones mind that effect will be limited only to the bombed country it will have the ripple effect.

u can hit Delhi Mumbai but what about Bangalore kolkata pune etc. u can not hit them b 600km's range.

How about a three thousand kilometer range missile

Economic meltdown slowed everything or else we would had 70-80 JF-17's by now. JF-17 program faced delays. The production of Block-2 was meant to start last september but now it would start in early 2014. A 1 year delay.

PAF needs 150 JF-17. If economy situation becomes better. 250 would be acquired.

PAF will have 50 block-1 nd rest of the 100 will be block-2 i think. :pakistan:

images time....

5jU4UvX.jpg

uHIoYcu.jpg

7gvyIjH.jpg

Solution is there……
Anti Runway bomb
Un opreationable depends on how extensive you used those bombs……:coffee:
Pakistan has it's own developen anti runway bomb……
It has grinder at front it hit the runway from tip and goes in then blast that can cause 225-35m deep and 15-20m wide hole which is a trouble itself……:pop:

Not sure if that is image PAC would want put up to advertise the aircraft(out of fuel), but it does demonstrate that all NAV modes work well.

On the second image, I wonder what is up with that odd pattern just at the end of the radome.

Not sure if that is image PAC would want put up to advertise the aircraft(out of fuel), but it does demonstrate that all NAV modes work well.

On the second image, I wonder what is up with that odd pattern just at the end of the radome.

Where does it indicate fuel?

BINGO fuel does not mean the aircraft is out of fuel. BINGO fuel alert is a variable, meaning YOU set the alert appropriate for the sortie that day. The alert is usually to tell you the quantity of fuel available for safe RTB so if your weapons load is for air patrol one day and for ground strike the next, that safe RTB fuel quantity will change according to weapons load and range for that day. YOU bears the burden of calculating that alert amount. Then the ship will do the rest. So make sure you do the math properly in mission planning.

Bolt pattern for internal hardware mounted to the radome's inside wall. Like nylon pitot tubing for air data processing. Those lines that runs the radome's length are metal strips for lightning protection. They must be grounded and those connections are mounted internally to the radome.

How Things Work: Lightning Protection | Flight Today | Air & Space Magazine
Lightning diverters, thin metallic strips incorporated onto the surface of the radome, act as little lightning rods to prevent lightning from puncturing the radome and damaging its electronics.

I thought there were about a hundred and something. How many JF-17s will the PAF need?

If block II is ready and performs really well than we can go for at least 250 JF-17 Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom