What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially and from a PAF mouth...yes, but didn't we know long before...there was a long discussion on it somewhere on the thread.

Indeed, but some members were complaining that only FC-1 appears with SD-10 and not the JFT. :cheesy:

And there are those who still wonder if we indeed have the AMRAAMS. :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, , Deputy Chief Project Director, JF-17 Programme, Air Commodore Khalid Mehmood, has a rich history, as a young Flight Lt in No 14 Squadron, he shot down two Afghan aircraft in the late 80s.....later he was one of the PAF personal who helped in establishing Turkish Air Force's first F-16 Squadron.

can any pakistan friends give some updates about jf 17blk2.its changes,improvements etc., from its successor. because i have not even found a single useful upadation news about jf 17blk2 in internet.

JF-17 armed with hypersonic anti-ship CM-400AKG missile
Posted on April 3, 2013 by Admin

JF-17 has been armed with hypersonic anti-ship CM-400AKG missile.

Air Commodore Mahmood Khalid said “The CM-400AKG is a very high-speed missile that is very tough to intercept. It hits the target at Mach 4 or above and its kinetic impact alone is enough to destroy any high-value target, like an aircraft carrier.”

The missile has an estimated range of 180-250 Km. It is a fire and forget 400 kg solid-rocket-powered weapon that can be fitted with different seekers and warheads. The missile’s impact velocity is greater than Mach 5.

JF-17 armed with hypersonic anti-ship CM-400AKG missile | JF-17 Thunder

With regard to flight training, Air Cdre Khalid said the JF-17 is "very easy to fly - even easier than the F-16 - so pilot training is not heavily dependent upon a two-seat version. We designed it with the concept that we will have a good simulator. The Chinese have extensive experience with simulators, so we decided to go with them. However, if some customer wants the two-seat version, plans for production are at a very advanced stage.
JDW

Say hello to NO TWIN SEATER. Last year or a year before that a chinese member was saying that China will never allow production of JF-17 twin seater because it will be a serious threat to L-15 and JL-9 market and i was like fighting him over this.
Now here we are, Air Cdr stating that "The bird is too cream it won't require any twin seater for pilot training".
Khalid Mehmood Sb we understand it very well.

So from the above interview.

* 40 JFTs are flying
* 3rd Squadron is in final stages
* BVR integration is a done deal
* ASM integration is a done deal
* PGM integration is a done deal
* D level maintenance is planned and being put in place.
* Block II will not have huge upgrades
* RD-93 is being kissed and hugged
* JFT achieved desirable mission results against the flanker in A2A combat exercises.
* JFT will follow JSF "simulators" approach towards training.
* PAF is very keen on exporting the jet.

Please add more points if you see from the above interview.

What to add...... You stated them all already :) Thanks.

Say hello to NO TWIN SEATER. Last year or a year before that a chinese member was saying that China will never allow production of JF-17 twin seater because it will be a serious threat to L-15 and JL-9 market and i was like fighting him over this.
Now here we are, Air Cdr stating that "The bird is too cream it won't require any twin seater for pilot training".
I think the L-15, JL-9, Hawk, etc are in a different category to a JFT-17 fighter. The 3 are “general” trainers while the JFT-17 would be a conversion trainer. I.e. I would expect the likes of L-15, JL-9s, Hawks to be operated by training squadrons while JFT-17 would be for conversion training and will be at operational squadrons.
I believe with advanced digital systems in fighter cockpits and also advances in simulators, it makes sense not to have FT-versions and have a full squadron of single seats. … … Also modern technology making less work for the pilot should mean even recce and EW versions could have most tasks automated and a single pilot still able to operate. … … Maybe with the high speed/real-time datalink, within certain limits, the recce and EW pods could be operated by someone on the ground at the base. … ??? … I can however see limitations with such an approach but I guess it is about taking calculated risks.

Ever since PAF is talking to ASELSAN and HAVELSAN, for HD simulators,i am getting more skeptical of the twin seater,unless some customer wants one maybe.

Doesnt production technology means manufacturing it with either advance CNC or better material which we ofcourse know are called composites

Some manufacturing process changes can have little of no influence on the finale product … … they could simply make the actual manufacturing process easier, cheaper, available or improve quality. They may choose to use nuts and bolts where they once welded, maybe use glue instead of welding, maybe use a single piece instead to two, cold-form or hot form instead of machine or vice-versa. Some control box which Kamra was putting together themselves might now come as a complete module. … … one process as the Chinese “taught” Kamra, once Kamra has figured it out completely, they will have their preferred way, or they sub-contractors (as opposed to the one on China) will have alternative methods. It likely as PAC learn and internalise the manufacturing, they will have some slight and some major process differences to the Chinese. .. … that said, I am sure “a few” interesting performance enhancements will come with Block II … … some not necessarily for public consumption.
I think the slight improvements and tweaks tend to represent the “assassin’s mace” on a weapon system and its these that they keep quite.

Didn't my words come true?

JF-17 will quite remained a Pakistan aviation project. Dont say I didn't warn you. AVIC might even snatch away the 6 JF-17 deal intended to be ordered by Sri Lanka Airforce and replaced them with JL-15 eagle.

JL-15 already bag a foreign customer order of 12 even before its commissioned.

It will be the premier product offer by AVIC as a budget fighter but with decent advance features.

JF-17 will quite remained a Pakistan aviation project. Dont say I didn't warn you. AVIC might even snatch away the 6 JF-17 deal intended to be ordered by Sri Lanka Airforce and replaced them with JL-15 eagle.

It will be the premier product offer by AVIC as a budget fighter but with decent advance features.

tumblr_ls03l5I9v11qip43j.gif

guess who? Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom