What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the missile even whilst being supersonic in its flight path to the target is sea skimming/low level, it is likely to be an easier intercept than the incoming subsonic AshM's - as they are necessarily low level flights.

This is because supersonic missiles have a higher detection range compare to subsonic ones on account of higher IR and visual signature.
So if this missile is not flying at sea wave height, chances of detection is higher during the flight path. And it makes for an easier intercept. This much is certain. This is because IN is fielding fleet air defence SAM"s and not just point defence SAM's.
This means that the missile gets engaged before it enters its terminal maneuvers.

And if the missile is indeed more complex than what the reports posted here imply, then it would mean that if the missile is not intercepted during its mid flight range and reaches its terminal maneuver range, then it gets tougher to intercept for SAM's as the flight path then cannot be easily determined.
This part however as you said remains to be seen.

This post makes no sense. A missile coming vertically at mach 5.5. what will you use to intercept it? CIWS, RAM?

This post makes no sense. A missile coming vertically at mach 5.5. what will you use to intercept it? CIWS, RAM?

I believe the Mach 5.5 (1,870m/sec) is part of the CM-400AKG’s survivability. Its speed is its defence, making it difficult to defeat. I would like to check the “maximum target speed” of C-RAM/CIWS or Iron Dome type defences. One, Abraham presented here www.dtic.mil/ndia/2007gun_missile/.../NyquistPresentation.pdf will engage a target as 1000m/sec max. My view is the CM-400AKG is hard hitting and will be difficult to counter.

I believe the Mach 5.5 (1,870m/sec) is part of the CM-400AKG’s survivability. Its speed is its defence, making it difficult to defeat. I would like to check the “maximum target speed” of C-RAM/CIWS or Iron Dome type defences. One, Abraham presented here http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...a/2007gun_missile/.../NyquistPresentation.pdf will engage a target as 1000m/sec max. My view is the CM-400AKG is hard hitting and will be difficult to counter.

Not difficult. This is stuff from the 60s and 70s though. I don't know the reason for getting so pumped up about it.

A sane nation would any day prefer terrain hugging or sea skimming missiles to this missile.

Russia recently phased out such a missile, called the Kh-22. It is an air to surface missile and has a terminal speed of Mach 4. More recently, there is the Kh-15 which has a terminal velocity of around Mach 5.

The Americans had the AGM-69 which they phased out 3 decades ago and had a terminal speed of mach 3.5.

In tech parlance, Obsolete. Good for PAF.

Before replying, please check information about the missiles mentioned above.

The sane nation already has C-802A / Ra'ad / Babur for that role ... PAF is just adding adversity to the JFT's arsenal ...

Now they'll cry sub sonic.......so forget that you'll have fruitful discussion..... i gaveip hope long time ago....

The sane nation already has C-802A / Ra'ad / Babur for that role ... PAF is just adding adversity to the JFT's arsenal ...

Which of those missiles are terrain hugging?? Ans:None
Which are sea skimming?? Ans: only C-802(probably)

from AIN online

Russian Officials Reveal J-31 and Describe Engine Sales to China | Aviation International News

"Regarding the RD-93, which China mainly uses to power the JF-17 (FC-1) fighter, Kornev said that Russia has completed deliveries of 100 of the engine under a framework agreement for 500. Negotiations on the next batch are ongoing. “All juridical formalities regarding new sales are agreed upon; our negotiations are purely about commercial aspects, including price,” he insisted."

ALL ballistic missiles cross Mach5 or 6 in terminal stage, does that mean that ballistic missiles can't intercept?

Which of those missiles are terrain hugging?? Ans:None
Which are sea skimming?? Ans: only C-802(probably)

Both Ra'ad and Babur are terrain hugging missiles ... Go not ask for links , the Wikipedia page will serve you well and if that isn't enough , try the Babur or Ra'ad information pool in this very forum ...

Not probably ... C-802A is well known for this feature besides its ECCM sophistication and high probability of hitting the target ... Besides , Pakistan is planning to buy C-803 in the future ...

What do you know about these missile...ans noting

But will you stop acting like a fool ..ans probably

So basically you are saying that you have no argument against my point. Tell me what exactly is this about this missile that you guys are jumping on? It was speed. When I proved that such speeds are common for 50 year old missiles, you resort to personal insults. Typical pakistani attitude.

Not difficult. This is stuff from the 60s and 70s though. I don't know the reason for getting so pumped up about it.

A sane nation would any day prefer terrain hugging or sea skimming missiles to this missile.

Russia recently phased out such a missile, called the Kh-22. It is an air to surface missile and has a terminal speed of Mach 4. More recently, there is the Kh-15 which has a terminal velocity of around Mach 5.

The Americans had the AGM-69 which they phased out 3 decades ago and had a terminal speed of mach 3.5.

In tech parlance, Obsolete. Good for PAF.

Before replying, please check information about the missiles mentioned above.
CM400 is not very similar to AGM 69 or KH15/
CM400 is based on SY400.
and SY 400 is based on an anti-air missile. similar with HQ 16
the explosive in the warhead is small.
(because the factory representative there only said it can be used to destroy radar equipment of
a ship. he did not say that this missile can destroy a ship. and there is no mention of active rader.
this missile has multi guiding system with satellite, infrared, and Passive rader..)
but the hitting probability should be high.
26_155791_8276c5ec6ec5a90.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom