What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is maritime ... The big threat is mostly from sea. Pakistan navy cant rely only on Old mirages or P3C we need faster response system ...

I don't recall PAF ever announcing (at least in life time) standing of new squadrons ever in the past except for the first two squadrons of Thunders. The only news I recall is induction of new planes.

By the way according to Last hope in his post # 8675 on page 579, third squadron of Thunders is operational and in service.

The announcement for third squadron is taking its time, from what i have read it is being prepared for a different role, maritime? any chance for us Karachi people watching our pride in the sky anytime soon?

lets just say if Pakistan had the money, they wouldnt be buying JF-17's.

i disagree with your statement, JF-17 is our investment not only in terms of knowledge but also in terms of being self reliant with a reliable platform which is free of sanctions ... just like you guys have been heavily investing in LCA and still are, don't you think the same amount spend would had gotten you some more Flankers? yes but you guys like us are also spending the time, money and efforts for the same reason (maybe not sanctions but knowledge and self reliance for sure)

induction of jf 17 was indeed a great milestone,the second one after the nuclear tests...the project has given us alot in terms of experience,knowledge and self reliance...

rdn_50ac767f873d6.jpg

Of course not, but Indian forces are the biggest and most capable in the reagion, so comparisons will always be made with them. In case of Pakistan this comparison is once based on history, but also by the fact that Pakistan is the only other nuclear power of the region, which again is reason enough for many people, to relate any move of Indian forces to Pakistan, or that any addition to Pakistani forces is aimed on India.

There are other nuclear powers in the region, you choose not to acknowledge, one in particular that has expressed and continues to express great enthusiasm for taking on Pakistan

FTC-2000G+LIFT-3.jpg

I guess thats how 2 seater JF-17 will look alike

Nice share, But one thing that bugs me is that a JF17's variant who is stated as Block 3 and about to come in 2016 should have a diamond nose atleast? as stated by Sir najam. Because it will be carrying an AESA.

:hitwall: lets just focus on the Block II first.

Nice share, But one thing that bugs me is that a JF17's variant who is stated as Block 3 and about to come in 2016 should have a diamond nose atleast? as stated by Sir najam. Because it will be carrying an AESA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom