What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
F201210290831182918398423.jpg
jf 17 at zuhai air show

Good whiskey cannot be cheap by any mean...:coffee:

True, for a wiskey, you need price but a cheap bullet will not stop from killing because it was cheap :) Wrong example my friend.

Guys,

If any of you have idea of CMS (Content Management Systems) and what made them so amazingly successful over the last several years then you would know that CMS were web-platforms offering just right core functionality but allowed addition and customization through ADDONS and that made CMS as one of the most customize-able, extensible, adoptable and dependable solutions. In the last 2 years, Google Chrome followed the same pattern and allowed 3rd party ADDONS to be added to their platform and has achieved amazing success. I am finding JF-17 is turning out to be a CMS within in domain and thanks to our engineers and Chinese brothers for producing so many "add-on" which is making THUNDER ROAR EVEN LOUDER!

This CM -400 AKG has definitely added a lot of teeth to JFT. Now Pakistan has both subsonic terrain hugging missiles and high super sonic stand off missiles. This is definitely a huge achievement for PAF. This missile is going to be a huge threat for sure. Our friends from the east can keep doubting it's capabilities.

as of now as many here r denying the speed of CM -400 AKG i will assume it is mach 4 but even at that speed i think we have a winner....not only can we attack a naval or land target with terrain hugging CMs but combine the attack with this quick baby and i do not think any air defense system can stop such a multi tier attack....
so in this decade we got supersonic missile 10 frigates plus unknown number of subs. 8 AEWs a completely new fighter incoming MRAPs. G# got an up grade...id say a good year for the forces..

More than gratifying, it's astonishing to learn that the JF-17 has been cleared to carry and deliver such weapons as, CM-802, MAR-1, and the new aircraft carrier killer the CM-400 AKG, as well as the SD-10 and other stand off weapons......a far cry from the F-16.

More than gratifying, it's astonishing to learn that the JF-17 has been cleared to carry and deliver such weapons as, CM-802, MAR-1, and the new aircraft carrier killer the CM-400 AKG, as well as the SD-10 and other stand off weapons......a far cry from the F-16.

I hope JFT pilots are not trolling F16 pilots like Bharatis used to troll Pakistanis with their Brahmos before CM-400AKG appeared on the scene. :D

May be thats why the chinese were busy doing the load tests on JF-17 recently?

Reactions: HRK
A single stage, Air launched, non-sea-skimming, ballistic missile with Mach 4 speed at boost phase and reduced speed in ballistic phase. And you hope to hit an Aircraft Carrier Battle goup with this junk? :lol: It'll be advertising itself to all the ships in that area when it agains altitude and starts slowly desceding. I'd say your sub-sonic sea-skimming cruise missile has a higher probability of kill than this cheap thing. I'd say invest more money and get a chinese copy of sunburn. These outdated anti-ship ballistic missiles has no hope of getting through ship defences.

Supersonic Sea skimmers are the future, not ballistc missiles.

A single stage, Air launched, non-sea-skimming, ballistic missile with Mach 4 speed at boost phase and reduced speed in ballistic phase. And you hope to hit an Aircraft Carrier Battle goup with this junk? :lol: It'll be advertising itself to all the ships in that area when it agains altitude and starts slowly desceding. I'd say your sub-sonic sea-skimming cruise missile has a higher probability of kill than this cheap thing. I'd say invest more money and get a chinese copy of sunburn. These outdated anti-ship ballistic missiles has no hope of getting through ship defences.

At ballistic phase the missile is probably 20,000 meters or more up and out of range from any missile defence system,then the plunge in terminal phase is 5.5 mach...too fast for any SAM india has got...
The word 'carrier killer' is used because its meant for large ships,or ground targers,not for small missile boats.
Top attack mode does not need too sophisticated seekers as course adjustments are minimal...
Thats chinese genius...simple yet effective..
Unlike Indian approach who go for the most difficult route...

Two of these missile can be fired from one JF-17... Maximising probability of hit,at low low cost....

it will be visible on the radar all the way,but its too fast to avoid for a large ship...

Bullshit! It' a single stage missile, I doubt it'll gain 5.5 mach while just descending. It's a single stage missile and will use it's oxidiser and propellent in its boost phase itself like any other ballistic missile. Mach 5.5 could be it's boost phase (but since it's coming from chinese fanboys i'm skeptical of this 5.5 figure). All ballistic missile burn like hell and achieve maximum speed and altitude and start slowly descending. That's what a ballistic missile is and that's what they do.

20km altitude? Unlikely! For a 20km altitude its range would be more than 240km during glide/ballistic phase. It'll most probably reach around 15km. But then again it is air launched so who knows. In any case, it has to eventually come down, and barak systems max altitude is 16km. Lot of time to intercept, since the radar will be tracking it continuoussly without any break and obtain a firing solution.

I think Chinese are milking PAF by giving you guys cheap ballistic missiles which no one uses anymore. I'd still say get a sunburn, even for a reduced quantity, the psychological impact will be tremendous.

Whatever helps to keep your pampers from getting wet :D :mod:

Robert Hewson - Mach 4+
In the same article
The PAF describe the missile's impact velocity as "hypersonic".
You do know what hypersonic is right (mach 5+)
Official at Zhuhai- Mach 5.5 (Trasnlated by a chinese member just a few pages ago)

Unless you call an editor of Janes or an official a fanboy, your argument is hollow.

As far as Barak-8 goes, do watch how the Iron dome is working for the Israelis :D

As for CM-400 akg, it'll open up several optional attacks for PAF in general, do remember not every attack is with the intent to kill, some are diversions and just bring (raa'd (ALCM) , C-802 (antiship) and Cm400 akg) in to the mix....it doesn't take much figuring out to do why there is a sudden hike in the blood pressure of our indian friends..

I hope JFT pilots are not trolling F16 pilots like Bharatis used to troll Pakistanis with their Brahmos before CM-400AKG appeared on the scene. :D

No doubt, there will be some healthy rivalry between the JFT and Viper boys....as for the Bharati banter, i don't recall any Pakistani member criticizing the likes of Brahmos, but on the contrary after the latest revelation by PAF, we can see the flames are oozing from every exit. ;)

May be thats why the chinese were busy doing the load tests on JF-17 recently?

And hey presto....it can carry two and maybe even three killer punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom