What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The psychological impact of sinking an entire ACC or even putting it out of service is immense ! You leave the enemy demoralized ...

Was this missile developed in the 70's ? :no: Does the technology usually evolve over time ? Indeed , it does ! ...

So , the " may " comes again - old habit of doubting Chinese defense equipment ... There is a countermeasure for every countermeasure ... We can simply overwhelm the SAM by firing a salvo - the missile isn't so much expensive ...

check the kh 15 missiles developed in 70's tech is more or less same and this type of missile is comparatively easy to intercept(when compared to supersonic cruise missiles ) that's all, firing more numbers might increase the pk, it is true for any type of missile, be it anti ship missile or ship defence missile.

This missile is nothing much to China but it is very important deterrence for pak to have.

FTC-2000G+LIFT-3.jpg

From battle point of view, probably no, but phsychological and damage point of view, certainly yes. A damaged ACC can be repaired in 16/18 months, but a sunk ACC with 30/40 odd air assets will set IN 5/6 years back.

How many of those assets will make it back? How many of those assets could be useful somewhere else.
After all, You technically take out an airbase... losing some jets.

Now your airbase has to deal with three others that may have less aircraft to deal with because you wasted assets in bringing down a steel tub for "psychological" purposes.

How many of those assets will make it back? How many of those assets could be useful somewhere else.

Now your airbase has to deal with three others that may have less aircraft to deal with because you wasted assets in bringing down a steel tub for "psychological" purposes.

....starting a domino effect.

In modern warfare, Air Forces with exceptional stand off capability coupled with swift response would win. They can do damage which once done, even enemy 5th generation air craft cannot rectify.

Attacking a carrier group, losses are inevitable. Its a matter of how much damage an intact carrier can cause by blocking your sea lanes and waging air attacks from yet another direction and how much we are ready to sacrifice to get rid of that menace.

Once it is effectively damaged/immobilized then attacking with another barrage of stand-off weapons to sink it is worth the cost of a few missiles.

Pakistan Navy is a defensive force. PN's primary objective is to protect the coastal line and don't let the adversary for some kind of sea blockade. All such weapons like C-802, RAAD ALCM or CM-400 aboard JF-17 ensure that Indian ships keep themselves a bay. Even if our submarines takeout some aggressive operation in case of war at best will be upto Bombay. Our precision missile systems like Babur or Ballistic missiles are sufficient to target Indian Naval surface targets (even Andaman islands).

Indian's ACC like before is just a white elephant. During 1965 war IN never have the courage to take it to the sea during entire war. All IN was so afraid from the presence of PNS Ghazi in the sea that they were unable to carry out any operation. Similarly now if they achieve complete sea superiority only then they can bloke Karachi port and based their carrier group there and MIG-29 carrying out bombing in Karachi, until then its just a wet dream (bollywood style).

So there are lots of IFs and Buts in Indian dreams and CM-400 is one of them.

Every time time i asked for real links which you people don't have, all you posted pic and distance and warhead weight etc. One wonders why didn't poster of missile which has such feature didn't mentioned the speed, main feature of missile? the missile poster give everything other then speed

You have the pictures of the missile , you have the confirmation of its integration on JFT by the director himself , you have the interview of the company's representative translated by a Chinese member here , you have the display of the poster listing the specifications and you have the Jane's reporting which isn't just limited to this site but can be found on multiple forums now ! The only reason you cant find the link is because you got to have subscription to view it ... Do you have it ? :no: ... All I see is the usual denial mode by your lot , nothing else ...

During the interview with CCTV reporter, the project director of CM-400AKG anti-ship/surface missile, told the news reporter that the export version of the missile he developed, which has a export name as CM-400AKG, has a maximum range of 240 km, max speed of mach 5.5 and a diameter of just 400mm, and has a sophisticated guiding method.

Source:

设计人员详解CM-400AKG超音速空地导弹性能_新浪视频
http://video.sina.com.cn/p/news/sky/v/2012-11-16/095961916183.html

I sometime have pity on Indians :fie:

Previously they were bashing Babur & RAAD and trying to prove that Brahmos is superior due to its supersonic speed. Now, when Pakistan has a Hypersonic SOW, they are trying to prove that it is a 70's technology.
Well Pakistan now has both a terrain hugging cruise missile as well as a hypersonic SOW. What an irony for Indians......

Previously they were bashing Babur & RAAD and trying to prove that Brahmos is superior due to its supersonic speed. Now, when Pakistan has a Hypersonic SOW, they are trying to prove that it is a 70's technology.
Well Pakistan now has both a terrain hugging cruise missile as well as a hypersonic SOW. What an irony for Indians......

i am telling you guys this JFT is going to be our 'work-horse' and as such it will find itself in many roles. that is why the people behind this project are ensuring that JFT fits the bill 100%. that is why there are delays. its not that the PAF is doing this deliberately. it has to be as such.

^^^ @fatman17

Totally agreed sir. The best part about JF-17 is just like an "open source operating system", we can customize it according to our needs. With no strings attached any new technology available/developed can be integrated in future. Both PAF & PN will have specialized JF-17 squadrons as per their needs.

Last day i was reading about sinking of INS Kukri by Pakistani submarine in 1971 war. PNS Hangur fired 3 torpedoes at INS Kukri which sealed its fate. It took only 3 minutes for the ship to sink with 176 personnel died. Now thats what is called a blow. I am sure if any such opertunity is presented in future even firing 10 missiles at Indian ACC is worthy, because the loss of ACC+Aircrafts+Men will be such a huge blow to IN that it can totally wipe out their will to fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ @fatman17

Totally agreed sir. The best part about JF-17 is just like an "open source operating system", we can customize it according to our needs. With no strings attached any new technology available/developed can be integrated in future. Both PAF & PN will have specialized JF-17 squadrons as per their needs.

Last day i was reading about sinking of INS Kukri by Pakistani submarine in 1971 war. PNS Hangur fired 3 torpedoes at INS Kukri which sealed its fate. It took only 3 minutes for the ship to sink with 176 personnel died. Now thats what is called a blow. I am sure if any such opertunity is presented in future even firing 10 missiles at Indian ACC is worthy, because the loss of ACC+Aircrafts+Men will be such a huge blow to IN that it can totally wipe out their will to fight.

Dont Worry , India has Barak SAM defence system onboard which is capable to taking down supersonic targets

Barak is effective against highly maneuvering, sea skimmers, as well as low radar cross section (RCS) targets. It is also effective against a full variety of free space threats.

Now everyone knows how Israeli defence missiles really work , "seen Iron Dome system"

well this is didn't proved yet, might be true but need confirmation from reliable source.

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly do you undermine about this weapon? For a solid-fueled missile, these speeds (Mach 5) are easily attainable. The difference is that CM-400AKG is customized for delivery by an aerial platform, alongwith a modified trajectory. It is not an air-breathing cruise missile.

I do not undermining the weapon.

I do not mind if it is flying Mach5 or Mach 10.

All I said let just the details come out,

FYI read a bit about the air to surface missiles, know the parameters i.e range, accuracy, weight ete of each class of missiles. It is important.

Air-to-surface missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

then start chest thumping that Brahmos is a cycle or Maruti 800.

well this is didn't proved yet, might be true but need confirmation from reliable source.

Do enlighten me , what is more credible for you than a statement from the director of the same company listing the missile's capabilities whilst promoting its export on an international air show ? :azn:

From the available information , terminal dive velocity is Mach 5.5 ... Otherwise Mach 4 is the speed throughout the course after launch ...

Dont Worry , India has Barak SAM defence system onboard which is capable to taking down supersonic targets

Barak is effective against highly maneuvering, sea skimmers, as well as low radar cross section (RCS) targets. It is also effective against a full variety of free space threats.

Now everyone knows how Israeli defence missiles really work , "seen Iron Dome system"

a few CM-400AKGs launched at 200-230 KM away with 4-5 mach speed don't give a fu** to barak...

All I said let just the details come out,

FYI read a bit about the air to surface missiles, know the parameters i.e range, accuracy, weight ete of each class of missiles. It is important.

Air-to-surface missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

then start chest thumping that Brahmos is a cycle or Maruti 800.

zhuhai airshow is still open. if you have friend there. better ask him to get the answer for you.
and most of weapons in zhuhai airshow are export version. the factory reprensentative there are glad to answer questions.
best way to get right answer is pretend to be a potential buyer.....
17_120510091502_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom