What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, everyone will believe what they want to. It's not worth wasting the time arguing over and over, moving in circles yet not arriving to any mutual conclusion.

Please avoid this, and don't quote the trolls or thread-derailers. Report the post and give no importance.

Gentlemen, if I am not mistaken, the topic is JF-17 over here.

Yes but id someone talking about same thing , then why is difference ? why didnt he said 5mach? why he choose to say smaller speed? the real question is this. Everyone talk about best and not the least.

The specification also gives the range as 100KM-240KM .....does it mean there is a fluctuation of 140KM. ?? !!

To this day the exact speed of say F-22 hasn't been disclosed, how can you expect the Data on such latest weapon to be revealed or released. ??

its a solid fuel missile, like the nasr. Now if one knows one or two things about solid fuel engines vs air breathing engine (which are preferred in cruise missiles) than he/she will know that a solid fuel missile is propelled for only a part of its trajectory and rest is unguided with small course corrections using its fins by its guidance system. This is not a favorable situation when it comes to hitting a moving target.

I find myself surprised with Indian members EVERYTIME Pakistan or China or now even the US gets something new. You guys act so childish and jealous that its crazy, its like a second girl friend who finds out about the first one!!!

One: You have NO idea how much I know about the engines, aerodynamics, stealth and jet propulsion systems. So I'd be careful to challenge others like the way you've challenged my credibility.

Second: you are incorrect. The ENGINES don't have anything to do with the trajectory in today's age. You are still stuck in the cold war designs so wake up. The world's changed and the Berlin war was brought down years ago!
There are a million variables that impact the trajectory; and there is technology to control, modify and enhance the trajectory REAL TIME. You can ALTER the trajectory the way you want to. That's where 'radar evading' or 'air defense avoidance' comes in.
You now have missiles that can detect inbound threat and can calculate the physics based trajectory and speed of the incoming interceptor. Due to that, the missile CAN change course to avoid an 'intersection' aka, the collusion path and evade the interceptor.

Last but not least, does it focking matter if its solid fueled or water fueled or air fueled man? The time of impact in Indo-Pak's case is what? ONE minute to SEVEN minutes maximum??? At mach 5, do you REALLY think the 'engine' matters if the target has One or Three or Seven minutes max before getting fragmented?
The idea is to hit the target as fast as they can. Mach 5 would do that and would put a lot of air defense weapons obsolete.....so instead of thinking about how to counter it, you can keep worrying about the engine.
You don't fire a ballistic missile at an opponent when all you needed was one bullet and a head-shot!! And trust me, bullets for centuries work the same way if they hit the target right!

JF-17 Project direcotr AVM Javaid Ahmad in kanwa magazine said Block 2 will be rolled out in 2012

Last year in dubai airshow, PAF TIMELINE showed Block-2 will come in July/August 2012.

So logically what caused the delay?

3rd squadron of JFT and Kamra attack ???

I find myself surprised with Indian members EVERYTIME Pakistan or China or now even the US gets something new. You guys act so childish and jealous that its crazy, its like a second girl friend who finds out about the first one!!!

One: You have NO idea how much I know about the engines, aerodynamics, stealth and jet propulsion systems. So I'd be careful to challenge others like the way you've challenged my credibility.

Second: you are incorrect. The ENGINES don't have anything to do with the trajectory in today's age. You are still stuck in the cold war designs so wake up. The world's changed and the Berlin war was brought down years ago!
There are a million variables that impact the trajectory; and there is technology to control, modify and enhance the trajectory REAL TIME. You can ALTER the trajectory the way you want to. That's where 'radar evading' or 'air defense avoidance' comes in.
You now have missiles that can detect inbound threat and can calculate the physics based trajectory and speed of the incoming interceptor. Due to that, the missile CAN change course to avoid an 'intersection' aka, the collusion path and evade the interceptor.

Last but not least, does it focking matter if its solid fueled or water fueled or air fueled man? The time of impact in Indo-Pak's case is what? ONE minute to SEVEN minutes maximum??? At mach 5, do you REALLY think the 'engine' matters if the target has One or Three or Seven minutes max before getting fragmented?
The idea is to hit the target as fast as they can. Mach 5 would do that and would put a lot of air defense weapons obsolete.....so instead of thinking about how to counter it, you can keep worrying about the engine.
You don't fire a ballistic missile at an opponent when all you needed was one bullet and a head-shot!! And trust me, bullets for centuries work the same way if they hit the target right!

Take it easy my friend. I am not interested in your credibility. I just wanted to clear that,

1) the engine technology is not new and Pakistan already have this in NASR, and
2) A better option would be air breathing engine if the sole purpose is to attack a moving target. cruise missile use solid engine only in their boost phase.

Beyond that its all your own conjectures.

Just for your info,

1) Engines have a alot to do with sustaining speed, and for conventional trajectory control surfaces speed is vital requirement. without thrust, you will loose it to any moving target.
2) Engine thrust vectoring is used in most of the modern missiles to achieve high maneuverability and limit conventional control surfaces like fins and canards to reduce drag and heat generation.

in chinese news here.
the max speed is 5.5 mach.
and can destoy radar on ship in anti ship mission.

but it can not destroy an aircraft carrier.
the total weight of this missile is only 900 kilo. the warhead is too small to destroy ACC.

Agreed "One" can not,but when you target high value assets which not only have strategic value but significant phsycological value too, you don't just fire one,

Dollar for Dollar highest return comes from ACC, and shooting 10 simultaneously with different seekers and different war heads is not a bad deal. In any future naval war with India, by applying right tactics and deploying right assets,Pakistan can change their strength in to their weakness.

You are missing the point from a strategic point of view......if mastered....this technology can be used in other missiles...giving them mach 4-5 capability. Meaning they'll become much harder to intercept. Plus, the concept of the initial technology may be old. But if you used it as a combination with the existing technology in the cruise missiles, etc. Imagine the possibilities. AND you can further advance this towards creating true Hypersonic missiles....

But everything can be shot down by akash sam......just yesterday akash sam got a lock on the moon

it is the interview of company representative.
and he clearly said the max speed is 5.5 mach.

Why are you guys waisting time? Haven't you learned you can't convince indians by aany means....

No! The delay is not because of pilot training. No! it is not because of financials. Third squadron is for a very different role,before you officially stand an operational squadron, you finalize all the nitty gritty associated with that role like tactics, weapons, etc.

Be patient, no formalannouncement does not mean there is no progress. Ordinary stuff gets done quickker, Special things take longer.

on a side note. Induction of 3rd squadron of JF-17 is once again delayed to early next year. It's becoming irritating now why it is being delayed again and again our pilots are not that incompetent that they would take such time to handle JF-17. Comparing induction of first two squadrons and now the 3rd squadron, question arises is there any other factor involved beside the training thing which is causing delay.

Plus block-2 production pushed from July/August 2012 to 2013. Finances are causing great deal of trouble to PAF

.....After denial comes confusion.................and then reality sets in...........stay with us for just a few more hours please...........

you better came with real answer and links then fancy stories like pasting a world file and claiming to be Jane's and speed goodfups...

In last pages non able to provide the links from Jane's defence weekly? did they?

Yes , the JF-17 is also a plane with 5000KM range and more powerful then F-22 /F35 combine or also a invisible to naked eyes because someone someone said on net and made world document on the name Janes'

Safriz, the merciless meat eater ...... devouring a well-done alfa like a starving lion............ Care for some drink between the "bites"...LOL

Your babbles were very entertaining.
I know its a massive shock for Indians but you will recover un a few days time,hopefully,and puck up your jaw which has dropped all the way to your foot :lol:
Admit your defeat... China-Pakistan have a hypersonic anti ship missile at fraction of cost and before India..

I wonder why PDF smelks if burning rear ends tonight :lol:

Your babbles were very entertaining.
I know its a massive shock for Indians but you will recover un a few days time,hopefully,and puck up your jaw which has dropped all the way to your foot :lol:
Admit your defeat... China-Pakistan have a hypersonic anti ship missile at fraction of cost and before India..

I wonder why PDF smelks if burning rear ends tonight :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom