What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct if target is thousands of miles away,we are talking about max 240/250 KM range here which a missile travelling at Mach 4~5.5 can cover in about 4 minutes,in the same timean ACC at 40 knots will travel about 2.7 knots, which from a height of say 30Km would be 1-2 degrees in course adjustment.

its a solid fuel missile, like the nasr. Now if one knows one or two things about solid fuel engines vs air breathing engine (which are preferred in cruise missiles) than he/she will know that a solid fuel missile is propelled for only a part of its trajectory and rest is unguided with small course corrections using its fins by its guidance system. This is not a favorable situation when it comes to hitting a moving target.

Where as the real fact is the whole US space and rocket program was a direct result of Nazi WWII designs and abducted space scientists and engineers.

Janes also said all Pakistani missiles are direct copies of Nazi WWII Rocket.
There is a factor of being biased on reporting non western defence advances.

Apni cheez ko kabhi acha nahii bolnaa tum log :D

I, admire this weapon and didn't mean anything negative. I, am just thinking what would it do to Indian air craft carriers with a few hits :coffee: -- If it doesn't sink it, it surely will put it out of action for an entire hostility period.

Correct if target is thousands of miles away,we are talking about max 240/250 KM range here which a missile travelling at Mach 4~5.5 can cover in about 4 minutes,in the same timean ACC at 40 knots will travel about 2.7 knots, which from a height of say 30Km would be 1-2 degrees in course adjustment.

I will dissuade from further commenting, as its specs are still not clear, 4-5 M can very well be its terminal speed, not sustained speed.

I, admire this weapon and didn't mean anything negative. I, am just thinking what would it do to Indian air craft carriers with a few hits :coffee: -- If it doesn't sink it, it surely will put it out of action for an entire hostility period.

Ignore the hollywood drama.. but even half of the damage shown to the carrier here.. while still cinemaworld.. could in essence end flight operations..effectively making the carrier useless.
You dont have to destroy a ship or sink it, just make it useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it easy my friend. I am not interested in your credibility. I just wanted to clear that,
2) A better option would be air breathing engine if the sole purpose is to attack a moving target. cruise missile use solid engine only in their boost phase.

Beyond that its all your own conjectures.

1) Engines have a alot to do with sustaining speed, and for conventional trajectory control surfaces speed is vital requirement. without thrust, you will loose it to any moving target.
2) Engine thrust vectoring is used in most of the modern missiles to achieve high maneuverability and limit conventional control surfaces like fins and canards to reduce drag and heat generation.

Again, you are missing what I was trying to tell you. Go re-read my previous post. I didn't mean to be rude or anything. But, the point was, if the missile is an ICBM....sure a lot of the stuff you are saying needs to be considered (still not a must have). In this case, either propulsion system is generating Mach 4-5 irrespective of the drag and other things you are talking about. The capability here in India and Pakistan's scenario is good enough for a few hundred miles. Engines don't make a difference here for a One to Seven minute long flight. THAT was the point. If India was 3000 miles away, I wouldn't be saying this as that's a whole different dynamics due to the distance. That's why I've said it again and again. The weapons and how many and the types don't matter here in the Indo-Pak scenario. The ONLY sustainable relationship between the two is PEACE and Mutual Respect to each others integrity. Everything outside of a peaceful relationship will take both the countries and the world down the road that dangerous. So create PEACE. Even on this site. PLEASE, no tit for tat posts. In this scenario, all dicks are equally small or big due to the location and distance!

But everything can be shot down by akash sam......just yesterday akash sam got a lock on the moon

oh teri ki :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ignore the hollywood drama.. but even half of the damage shown to the carrier here.. while still cinemaworld.. could in essence end flight operations..effectively making the carrier useless.
You dont have to destroy a ship or sink it, just make it useless.

Exactly, you don't need to send an air craft carrier to the bottom of the Indian ocean. Once its out of action, it will also totally demoralize the invading Navy.

Last edited by a moderator:
XQFvL.jpg

From battle point of view, probably no, but phsychological and damage point of view, certainly yes. A damaged ACC can be repaired in 16/18 months, but a sunk ACC with 30/40 odd air assets will set IN 5/6 years back.

Exactly, you don't need to send an air craft carrier to the bottom of the Indian ocean. Once its out of action, it will also totally demoralize the invading Navy.

From battle point of view, probably no, but phsychological and damage point of view, certainly yes. A damaged ACC can be repaired in 16/18 months, but a sunk ACC with 30/40 odd air assets will set IN 5/6 years back.

The war in modern times won't last more than 3-4 weeks. This is the age where an MBT's avg life in a battle is no more than 3 minutes.

Care to explain that old generation technology you are referring to ? Or to put it simply is it " the same argument that your lot uses about every single Chinese defense equipment to calm down and go back into denial mode , either this or to declare it reverse engineered " ? :azn:

Strange and ambiguous !

this tech is developed in the 70's by soviets and old when compared to new gen cruise missiles which are terrain hugging, all time propelled and difficult to detect and difficult to predict the path and intercept because of the same reason.

The missile may or may not be a copy of soviet tech, I don't know.There are missiles like barak 8 which can counter this type of anti ship missiles.

The war in modern times won't last more than 3-4 weeks. This is the age where an MBT's avg life in a battle is no more than 3 minutes.

The psychological impact of sinking an entire ACC or even putting it out of service is immense ! You leave the enemy demoralized ...

this tech is developed in the 70's by soviets and old when compared to new gen cruise missiles which are terrain hugging, all time propelled and difficult to detect and difficult to predict the path and intercept because of the same reason.

The missile may or may not be a copy of soviet tech, I don't know.There are missiles like barak 8 which can counter this type of anti ship missiles.

Was this missile developed in the 70's ? :no: Does the technology usually evolve over time ? Indeed , it does ! ...

So , the " may " comes again - old habit of doubting Chinese defense equipment ... There is a countermeasure for every countermeasure ... We can simply overwhelm the SAM by firing a salvo - the missile isn't so much expensive ...

I am not saying that war wouldlast 16/18 months,what I am saying is ACCplay a very significant role in psych, throughout history eversince ACC came in to being, they have always been targeted for total distructin/sinking, never limited to just putting out of commissoin. You search, find, and sink indian ACC and I guarantee, you got the whole IN on defensive in bay of bengal hiding from PAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom