What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
38 jft were in service last year in dubai airshow as per many sources and officially paf

why will every time they held a official ceremony for each single squadron?

We should wait for the officially ceremony of 4th squadron but of jft block 2

Airshow China 2012: CM-400AKG Becomes Pakistan's 'carrier killer'

Airshow China 2012:

CM-400AKG Becomes Pakistan's 'carrier killer'.

Robert Hewson, Zhuhai Section:

2012-Nov-16

Key Points, A Chinese-developed new very-high-speed missile has been fielded by the PAF.

The weapon has been Described as the PAF's 'carrier killer'

Pakistan has fielded a new very-high-speed long-range air-launched missile That senior officers in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Have Described as "an aircraft carrier killer".

The CM-400AKG Mach 4 is a plus-capable air-to-surface weapon Developed in China and now in service with JF-17 aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force. (Robert Hewson) The weapon, Designated CM-400AKG, was designed and Developed in China by the China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC) and was Revealed at Airshow China 2012, held in Zhuhai from November 13 to 19.

The CM-400AKG is now part of the operational weapon set of the PAF's JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter. "This is a mature weapon has been fully tested That. It is not conceptual. It is in service," Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood, PAF JF-17 Deputy Project Director stated. "The CM-400AKG is a very high-speed missile that is very Difficult to intercept. It hits the target at Mach 4 or above and its kinetic impact alone is enough to destroy any high-value target, like an aircraft carrier."

The CM-400AKG Appeared first, briefly, in public at last year's Dubai Airshow, When a placard for the weapon was Placed alongside to PAF JF-17 - and then removed. The weapon itself was not shown. At the time it was Acknowledged PAF personnel to new Chinese-built air-to-surface stand-off missile. However, the initial assumption That It was a derivative of the C-802 anti-ship missile has PROVED to be very wide of the mark.

The CM-400 is 400AKG kg solid-rocket-powered weapon That Can be Fitted with Either a penetrator or blast / fragmentation warhead. It is a fire-and-forget precision-guided weapon That Can be Fitted with several options seeker, Which are Understood to include an active radar seeker and an imaging infrared seeker with target-recognition (TR) capabilities. PAF sources say the missile can be pre-programmed with digital imagery highly needed for attacks against fixed sites in TR mode, but it can be retargeted in flight Also by using the radar seeker option.

The range of the CM-400AKG is Understood to be in the 180-250 km class. It is designed for use against fixed or what Were Described as "slow moving" targets. Data Indicates That CASIC launch after the CM-400AKG climbs to high altitude and Terminates with a high-speed dive on the target. The PAF describe the missile's impact velocity as "hypersonic".

Both CASIC and the PAF note the CM-400AKG That Has Been Developed As A JF-17 weapon. The PAF currently has two squadrons of approximately 36 JF-17s operational. A ten or eleven aircraft Further Have Been Delivered and a third squadron will be Established early next year.

When you talk in context of Pakistan and China relationship , it is not a matter of if but when and how :azn:

Where is the Jane link? you made this whole news in word itself??

Mr Fatman , please you make sense and please provide link,

A) you are saying that Chinese poster didn't mentioned the main feature of the missile i.e. speed?

B) Chinese says is 5+ Mach and PAK officer says is 4+ Mach, means their is deviation , either one of them don't know it? or miscommunication happened over speed?

C) Proof then Claim.

Mach 4 while in flight.
Mach 5.5 in terminal phase during the final dive.

Mr Fatman , please you make sense and please provide link,

A) you are saying that Chinese poster didn't mentioned the main feature of the missile i.e. speed?

B) Chinese says is 5+ Mach and PAK officer says is 4+ Mach, means their is deviation , either one of them don't know it? or miscommunication happened over speed?

C) Proof then Claim.

official said 4mach or above

Alfa betay, stop your non sense read last 3 pages properly. If you have proper common sense and IQ > 50. you will find everything.

official said 4mach or above

Operating speed and maximum speed. Chinese clearly said it's maximum speed is 5.5 max. But banda ab is Alfa ko chittar maray for doing trolling.

Operating speed and maximum speed. Chinese clearly said it's maximum speed is 5.5 max. But banda ab is Alfa ko chittar maray for doing trolling.

:lol: For a person who's here for the sole purpose of trolling , it is indeed very hard if not almost impossible to understand ...

Now that PAF has acquired that capability and there's nothing left to put the claim in doubt , it will be declared obsolete , outdated , useless , reverse engineered , copied and what not ! Wait and watch :D

from today onward i will officially call brahmos as rickshah missile

until and unless the hypersonic variant of brahmos is developed

Yeah nothing extraordinary ! Old generation Russian tech :rofl:

that thing weight 6 times more than this missile still the range is only 150km more

Not even remotely comparable !

Look at the difference , Can you post the link where it is written in JDW's that it has 5+ Match speed? the link i provided you, JDW's clearly state that it is Air version of C-802 which has itself a speed of 0.9 match , now in the above artical nowhere it is written it is Air launched version of 802C?

Can you please provide the link of JDW's?

Link of the Article in JDW where it says it is 5+ match speed, i have the link from JDW's site which clearly state that it is Air version of C-802 and every one knows the speed and type of C802 is....Moreover the Article mentioned only the statement said by the PAK Officer and it didn't confirmed wether the specifications as it is. and it not authenticate the statement. moreover the Officer said hitting speed is around Mach 4 and not the overall speed of the missile.

Nowhere is specifications page it is written 5 Mach , if it was really M5 then it should be wonder point of missile and no one want to miss the main feature of missile?

Where is the Jane link? you made this whole news in word itself??

I think it's got to do with subscription,I'm not subscribed to janes so i dont know about an official "link", plus you cant see full articles if your not subscribed ...

However I can do this, you see this article is credited to Robert Hewson, now this guy isn't your normal enthusiast and fanboy material, he's the editor of IHS Jane’s Air-Launched Weapons plus there is evidence that he was present in zhuhai at the airshow

“China is doing this as part of a political equation,” said Robert Hewson, editor of IHS Jane’s Air-Launched Weapons. “It has had a rapidly staged coming out but I am surprised to see it here so soon.”

China pushes arms exports in Zhuhai Airshow | China Defense Mashup

As far as CM 400 AKG being a variant of C-802 missile, TBH I have no knowledge on it,however just based on the fact that if a weapon system's predecessor has a lower speed limit does not automatically mean that it (the new variant) cannot have a higher speed limit..

Its like saying that Brahmos II can never reach Mach 7 because the current version can reach up to 2.8 Mach.

I think it's got to do with subscription,I'm not subscribed to janes so i dont know about an official "link", plus you cant see full articles if your not subscribed ...

Yes , it is ... Rest assured that it is there on Jane's ...

on a side note. Induction of 3rd squadron of JF-17 is once again delayed to early next year. It's becoming irritating now why it is being delayed again and again our pilots are not that incompetent that they would take such time to handle JF-17. Comparing induction of first two squadrons and now the 3rd squadron, question arises is there any other factor involved beside the training thing which is causing delay.

Plus block-2 production pushed from July/August 2012 to 2013. Finances are causing great deal of trouble to PAF

And what happened to the gift of 3 squadrons of JF-17's (50 Jets) that China promised us last year on urgent basis?

You know what's funny (apart from your lack of comprehension of sarcasm ;) ).... ?? Pakistanis jumping around telling Indians how a chinese missile is better than brahmos when Pakistan has not been able to develop either ;)

Pakistan may yet be a partner in the development of the missile, I guess we will have to wait to find out....unlike India whose partnership was limited to partial 'funding' of the development of Brahmos!

Its the engine issue.. PAF does not want the next squad to be powered by RD 93 and a replacement is not yet ready..

Had that been the case, why were 100+ engines purchased? At a ratio of 2:1 (3 Operational & 1 backup) it gives us how many jets?

ok now its clear, it is not a true cruise missile but a old gen tech which soviets and Americans retired..nothing extraordinary about it.

Kh-22 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah....an older gen technology for an even older A/C Carrier......perfect :)

Time to discuss nukes. :D :P
IF the integration of CM-400AKG is factual, it is only a matter of time before Pakistan breaks it down and modifies it to deliver a tactical nuclear warhead. The diameter (400mm) is well above Nasr's (300mm), even if the warhead is at the base of the nose of the missile.
It could give PAF a more credible nuclear delivery system (but not more capable in terms of yield) than the Ra'ad ALCM and Gravity Bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom