What's new

J15 clearest pic

Then nothing. Are you gonna copyright the single fuselage + two wings design too? )

Lets not be silly, the J-11 is an SU-27SK airframe with more composites. Infact, Russia transfered the technology so China can produce it, so your anology of a two wing fuselage is mute.

Chinese sources say that the they are allowed to produce 200 kits, other sources say that the production has stopped at 95, implying that unauthorized kits are being produced, but i'm not going to argue who is right, my only argument is in regards to your stance on royalties.

Lets not be silly, the J-11 is an SU-27SK airframe with more composites. Infact, Russia transfered the technology so China can produce it, so your anology of a two wing fuselage is mute.

Chinese sources say that the they are allowed to produce 200 kits, other sources say that the production has stopped at 95, implying that unauthorized kits are being produced, but i'm not going to argue who is right, my only argument is in regards to your stance on royalties.

That's very true, the J-11 airframe is exactly a Su-27 one with more composites, and I'm saying that it's perfectly fine. I'm OK with paying reasonable royalties, but I'm fine with not paying them as well. After all, both cases happen all over the business world(like IE and everybody else taking the 'tabs' idea from Firefox, Firefox taking the widgets idea from OSX etc.).

Now, as for the kits, the Chinese stopped producing the Su-27 kits, but they still paid for everything the deal entailed(i.e. the rest of the 200 kits) and the Russians still provided them. They're just making additional, customized, and "unauthorized" kits as well.

That's very true, the J-11 airframe is exactly a Su-27 one with more composites, and I'm saying that it's perfectly fine. I'm OK with paying reasonable royalties, but I'm fine with not paying them as well. After all, both cases happen all over the business world(like IE and everybody else taking the 'tabs' idea from Firefox, Firefox taking the widgets idea from OSX etc.).

Now, as for the kits, the Chinese stopped producing the Su-27 kits, but they still paid for everything the deal entailed(i.e. the rest of the 200 kits) and the Russians still provided them. They're just making additional, customized, and "unauthorized" kits as well.

I think the underlying reason why Russians, Americans, Euros etc dwell on China's IP infringement is their discomfort about China's rapid rise. Think about it, if they were really standing on principal they would care about every case equally whereas in reality they just dog-piled on China.

Indians like to jump in as well because being out-matched in virtually every area of development, they have to find reasons why India will succeed above China to sooth their ego.

Just do our own business,and don't drag other country .their are so many things to deal .it is a long way to go ,The fact is we are still poor and fall behind with other country like India and S-Korea which they are powerful country around us .The way out is to work hard to develop our scientist,as the time past we can prove our ability.Strength actions speak louder than words.I believe we will have a bright future.And who want to learn about China just stand this land .Welcome!

seeing many members thinks that J-11B is the same as su-27sk, I think many here are confused with the PLAAF naming configuration.
1. J-11 is the 95 su-27sk built with russian kits.
2. J-11A is built with chinese kits (not exactly the same as russian ones) and russian engines. furthermore, it is able to fire BVR missiles which su-27/J-11 cannot.
3. J-11B is a further improved variant with a lower weight (more composite material) and a much lower RCS.(5m2 to 15m2) the main reason that J-11B is not in service because ws-10a is not yet mature as the chinese officials intends to replace the russian part completely.
---------------
one thing to point out, sukhoi never patented its fighters as one requirement of patent is complete disclosure of information so that other manufacturers can freely produce the product without paying fee 25 years later. as a result, china is not obliged by patent law to refrain from copying the su-27 airframe. moreover, its already 30 years since su-27 came out, people would by able to use its design even if sukhoi applied for patent.

of course, i think we should all agree that china is at fault for stopping the production of j-11 at 95 not the 200 as per contract. however, the contract is apparently without any compensation policy since china did not pay any fine. or is it because the russian refused tot of some components as stated by the contract first?

Last edited:
seeing many members thinks that J-11B is the same as su-27sk, I think many hereare confused with the PLAAF naming configuration.
1. J-11 is the 95 su-27sk built with russian kits.
2. J-11A is built with chinese kits (not exactly the same as russian ones) and russian engines. furthermore, it is able to fire BVR missiles which su-27/J-11 cannot.
3. J-11B is a further improved variant with a lower weight (more composite material) and a much lower RCS.(5m2 to 15m2) the main reason that J-11B is because ws-10a is not yet mature as the chinese officials intends to replace the russian part completely.
---------------
one thing to point out, sukhoi never patented its fighters as one requirement of patent is complete disclosure of information so that other manufacturers can freely produce the product without paying fee 25 years later. as a result, china is not obliged by patent law to refrain from copying the su-27 airframe. moreover, its already 30 years since su-27 came out, people would by able to use its design even if sukhoi applied for content.

of course, i think we should all agree that china is at fault for stopping the production of j-11 at 95 not the 200 as per contract. however, the contract is apparently without any compensation policy since china did not pay any fine. or is it because the russian refused tot of some component as stated by the contract first?

Who told you that the SU-27 and J-11 cannot fire BVR missles? Both are equiped to fire the R-77 which has a range of ~100km.

Who told you that the SU-27 and J-11 cannot fire BVR missles? Both are equiped to fire the R-77 which has a range of ~100km.

sorry, i meant the version that china bought (SU-27sk) cannot fire BVR. the early version of Su-27 and mig-29 as well F-16 a/b cannot fire BVR.

sorry, i meant the version that china bought (SU-27sk) cannot fire BVR. the early version of Su-27 and mig-29 as well F-16 a/b cannot fire BVR.

No, the earlier version of Su-27SK can fire BVR. What it can not do is to fire ARH(active radar homing) BVR missile such as R-77. It can only fire SARH(semi active radar homing) missile like R-27.

No, the earlier version of Su-27SK can fire BVR. What it can not do is to fire ARH(active radar homing) BVR missile such as R-77. It can only fire SARH(semi active radar homing) missile like R-27.

what i meant was ARH like R-77, PL-12, and aim-120 not older SARH like aim-7 and R-27. I am sorry for not stating that clearly in my previous post.

Back
Top Bottom