What's new

J-10 Customers Queing Up

You call those War Experiences??? Yes the F14s have had exposure. But Look at against whom the others went up against!!!!!!!! Please stop it, I dont wanna argue with you when I fully know that you havent understood anything!

Has the US gone up against Frontline fighters of the Soviets??

Look for Operation Desert Storm.F-15C eagles even took on Mig-29s which were superior to them.Moreover these Mig-29s were flown by Iraqi war veterans.USAF's better pilots were also a factor.

I would say:

J10 is a good fighter but still a 3rd Generation design. Even with advanced avionics can not be a competitor against Rafale, Eurofighter and F-16 Block 60. A good plane with cost effectiveness but not a front line warrior.

Look for Operation Desert Storm.F-15C eagles even took on Mig-29s which were superior to them.Moreover these Mig-29s were flown by Iraqi war veterans.USAF's better pilots were also a factor.
Again, Let me state this. When the USAF goes Hunting its not just fighter aircrafts, there are dozens of stuff involved, its not just fighter vs fighter. AWACS too factor in prominently. And Iraqi Mig 29s were flown by incompetent pilots, who had experience with similarly skilled pilots in Iran War but were no match for the USAF pilots or airborne assets. In all Honest, USAF hasnt met an oppoent with half its equipment!.

The Best thing would be, pitch USAF versus a similar opponent with similar assets. It would bring out the real story.

PS: A 4th Gen Plane needs 4th Gen Infrastructure and Training, It doesnt end with buying the plane, it takes years to master! The Russians ruined their name and fame by selling all their stuff to Incompetent countries.

Last edited:
I would say:

J10 is a good fighter but still a 3rd Generation design. Even with advanced avionics can not be a competitor against Rafale, Eurofighter and F-16 Block 60. A good plane with cost effectiveness but not a front line warrior.
No I beg to differ, Its a true blue 4th Gen plane and with advanced avionics and ECM and other suites, it can be a formidable plane. Yes, to Reach the Level of the Rafale and EFT, it will take some time and much innovation.

I would say:

sir
its a third generation fighter you are absolutly right.
but third generation fighter according to chinese series of fighter aircrafts.
in western series its a 4.5 generation fighter. which will take a some time to upgrade up to avionics of - euro fighter and Rafael.
But as for now its right there in to good ones. and for the price they offer its like black men's Pontiac compared to cheavy!
41dbb7027e32ce244803533a62b61b2a.jpg

Pakistan is getting J10"B" not J10A and its only for Pakistan and China ; Iran might get FC-1/JF-17

their market will go surely up with - j-xx i bet they will sell it for around half the price of raptor

J-XX

459adb6926ab8c1375ca7714779ff965.jpg

In defence of ahmed, he is correct that USAF hasnt met any of its match. The F15 eagles you are talking about were armed with the latest avionics, radars and weaponry; not to forget they were backed by AWACS. On the other hand Iraqis were using downgraded export versions of MIG29's which absolutely stood no chance against the F15's. Same goes for Serbs during the Bosnian war, the Germans operated the standard MIG29 used by the Soviets and during the mid 90's in excercises against the US they nailed F15's and F16's. If the USAF was up against front line Soviet fighters such as MIG29 or SU27 in the 80's or early 90's flown by competant pilots, the results would have been definitely different. There is a reason why the USAF never dared to misadventure against the Soviets, the Soviets were not only capable pilots but their aircrafts were equally capable as their American counterparts.

Last edited:
sir,

I think American technology today owes a lot to foreign technology and science of the past. America scavenged foreign technology and know how to incorporate into their own. Russia was the first nation to send a man to space,(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Gagarin) but sadly his name is little know because of American propaganda and demonstration of Communism. It wasn't even Americans who sent people to the moon, it was in fact German rocket scientists taken back to the USA after WW2. example like Dr. Wernher von Braun,Konrad Zuse.

American claims of superior technology are false, they took what they learned from other nations and other people to improve what they had. America gave no recognition to people like Von Braun and other non Americans who's knowledge and technology they took. but never the less they were smart enough to do that.American technology is merely a synthesis of many people from all over the world who sought the promised land, freedom and a better life and its still going on!

Last edited:
sir,

I think American technology today owes a lot to foreign technology and science of the past. America scavenged foreign technology and know how to incorporate into their own. Russia was the first nation to send a man to space, but sadly his name is little know because of American propaganda and demonstration of Communism. It wasn't even Americans who sent people to the moon, it was in fact German rocket scientists taken back to the USA after WW2. example like Dr. Wernher von Braun,Konrad Zuse.

American claims of superior technology are false, they took what they learned from other nations and other people to improve what they had. America gave no recognition to people like Von Braun and other non Americans who's knowledge and technology they took. but never the less they were smart enough to do that.American technology is merely a synthesis of many people from all over the world who sought the promised land, freedom and a better life and its still going on!
Thats the Greatness of America My friend! Their TALENT TO ATTRACT TALENT! We should salute them for it!

^^^^^ spot on sir,
what attracted in us of a , it was that dream of better life. but America works on commerce , its like middle man , who takes from one hand and gives to other and mint money.
now coming back to topic.....

i think china did smiler in j-10 :
composite materials,
computerized flight-control (“fly-by-wire”),
advanced avionics,
computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM),

In the J-10 programme, China not only obtained a modern fighter aircraft, but also gained considerable knowledge and experience in designing and developing modern combat aircraft. as well as reverse engineering.
The programme has also benefited from Israeli and Russian technologies, including the fly-by-wire (FBW) software and AL-31FP turbofan engine

THE J-10B aircraft could also be modified for the airborne command & control aircraft role, with the rear-seat pilot being the commander of a small four-plane formation.

Last edited:
sir,

I think American technology today owes a lot to foreign technology and science of the past. America scavenged foreign technology and know how to incorporate into their own. Russia was the first nation to send a man to space,(Yuri Gagarin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) but sadly his name is little know because of American propaganda and demonstration of Communism. It wasn't even Americans who sent people to the moon, it was in fact German rocket scientists taken back to the USA after WW2. example like Dr. Wernher von Braun,Konrad Zuse.

Well said!

Obama rightly stated in his inauguration speech that American schools fail too many children. Yet, US is still the most powerful at least for now. It is mostly foreign-born talents that have technologically supported the super power at all level.

Without constant inflow of foreign talents, US wouldn’t be as powerful.

The key point is: smart high level politicians/corporation owners in US know this so thoroughly that they are relentless in recruiting foreign talents via political propaganda, material rewards, and a reasonably promising environment for personal development.

If other countries' politicians would be able to match some that US can offer, at least many their countries' talents could be attracted and retained, too.

back to the topic.

Yes, J10 customers are queuing up. The problem seems that the production capability hasn't been able to keep up with the demand. Thus some customers can’t wait for another X years, as they are badly in need of their hardware upgrade.

The programme has also benefited from Israeli and Russian technologies, including the fly-by-wire (FBW) software and AL-31FP turbofan engine
I disagree with this point sir. I believe the Chinese developed their own FBW software (with a LITTLE help from others), because they developed their own aircraft to test it:
J-8IIACT Technology Demonstration Aircraft - SinoDefence.com

gpit I am in complete agreement with you. It should be noted that aircraft such as J-10 are very complicated to manufacture due to the large amount of advanced materials that must be machined and welded using special methods, such as using Electron Beam Welding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_beam_welding

Back
Top Bottom