What's new

J-10C A sole international market for China's J-10 fighter jets is taking shape

Already know two options for paf to buy a third type one economy enhances two jf international order being profits , a third type was looked at in the past but with block 3 may not go that route if block 3 internal fuel capacity is increased leading to a greater range

Radar range and external load is already addressed in block 3 far better than mirage, even range is better than mirage due turbofan engine vs turbojet fuel guzzler

Lastly specs of j-10c provided by catic show even range wise jf and j10 have similar endurance , 3000 Km ferry range for jf-17 vs 2950 km for j-10

It’s already called out in Janes couple of years back with reference yo j-10 and SU options but even than it’s going to be 2 may be 3 sqn

Bottom line if block 3 is what being advertise then j-10 is out best option in short/medium term is few (sqn or two) more f-16s even used one

Last edited:
J-10 specs 1650 km combat range vs ~1400 km combat range for jf with block three it’s going to be pretty much same as internal fuel capacity went up per titbits

Range of j-10 based on 2x 1500 liter drops tanks plus one centerline 1100 litres tank

IMG_4131.JPG

Su-35 no Chance Su-37 was the just testbeds for TVC engine, J-16 has also 0% Chance to get Becuase J-16-Design is based on Su-30MKK Which is Russian INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY @jupiter2007

Everything is possible. Pakistan hasn’t really made effort to improve relationship with Russia. Our relationship hasn’t changed in last 15 years. There is still a level of mistrust between two. Russia want intel sharing on Afghanistan which Pakistan is not willing to do. Just talks since last 10 years, We haven’t made any major defense deal with Russia, only few Mi17, Mi-35 and JF-17 engine via China. We have been hearing about Russian investment in Pakistan but nothing has finalized. Our military still believe that USA will give us free stuff.
If USA provide free colleges education for our General’s children and their wives get free shopping from the defense contractors, USA does want and gets something in return because Nothing is free in this world.

Last edited:
With the up coming induction of Rafaels next May by the Indians,i am sure our PAF professionals are endeavouring new solutions to counter it. I would love to see J10Cs in our inventory ASAP.
Highly doubtful. Money is being spent on JF-17 program and Block III.

Everything is possible. Pakistan hasn’t really made effort to improve relationship with Russia. Our relationship hasn’t changed in last 15 years. There is still a level of mistrust between two. Russia want intel sharing on Afghanistan which Pakistan is not willing to do. Just talks since last 10 years, We haven’t made any major defense deal with Russia, only few Mi17, Mi-35 and JF-17 engine via China. We have been hearing about Russian investment in Pakistan but nothing has finalized. Our military still believe that USA will give us free stuff.
R&D partnership with Russia for experience in stealth tech is required, not the aircraft itself.

If USA provide free colleges education for our General’s children and their wives get free shopping from the defense contractors, USA does want and gets something in return because Nothing is free in this world.
I wish USA provided that, i would have certainly graduated from USA then !

We need at least 2 squadrons of j-10c. I can only pray for better economy and I think war is coming.

Highly doubtful. Money is being spent on JF-17 program and Block III.

R&D partnership with Russia for experience in stealth tech is required, not the aircraft itself.

I wish USA provided that, i would have certainly graduated from USA then !

Not to everyone but I know they do, and it’s not free, they always want something in return. About the gifts, C-130 doesn’t go back to Pakistan empty.

We need at least 2 squadrons of j-10c. I can only pray for better economy and I think war is coming.

If you can pay for one squadron, I can cover the next one.

That's i would like to say,its too early to assume that Russia Will gives/sell big ticket items to Pakistan in near future because lack of trust as you say and Russia wants hard $$$ that currently we haven't unlike China or USA could gives/sell us through CSF funds or soft loans respectively @jupiter2007

And ofcourse Intel agencies turn a blind eye and let the officer progress in career. Right ?

I have seen Lt Col, Brigadiers, Generals losing their careers over such things.

I have seen defense attaché (including army drivers) packing Gifts for General’s wife...like I said C-130 doesn’t go empty, I wouldn’t be surprised if I see refrigerator, stoves and washing machines in C-130.

I have seen defense attaché (including army drivers) packing Gifts for General’s wife...like I said C-130 doesn’t go empty, I wouldn’t be surprised if I see refrigerator, stoves and washing machines in C-130.
Good on you ! You have seen better things then, not the tragedies that i have witnessed.

Salaam

I honestly do not understand - and I would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me - why do we not got for J10s when we are willing to go for f16s that are sanction prone and such?

Especially, given how the Indians are inducting newer more advanced platforms and in aiming for larger numbers?

Surely, if J10s are good enough for the Chinese military to face off against the US, why aren't they so us? They have larger payload and range than jf17 - and likely would have a lot in common with jft.

Thank you to anyone who can explain. Thanks.

I don't see any jet other than blk 3 coming to PAF in next 3 years. PAF will go to 5th gen birds in 3-5 years.

Back
Top Bottom