What's new

J-10 Customers Queing Up

That's nothing more than a military fanboy's CGI.

Be it a fan boy CGI or whatever one would want to call it, bottom line is its damn hot and sexy looking. A real piece of imagination by someone. Raptor is left far behind.

Ok so much going around and so much excitment around about this jxx we dont even know if we will be able to get it or will it be offered to us ! Again lets worry about now not will the gap for the meanwhile we need another platform other then f-16's ,jf-17's and j-10's just my thought !

I seriousally doubt it if China would be selling this fighter to any country except Pakistan. There is no country in this world that is as close to China as Pakistan is, so i dont think China would trust any other country with this technology. After this plane comes out, they might start selling upgraded versions of J10 to other countries.

What makes you so sure that this jet will be offered to Pakistan at all? Look we have great relation with China but every country has a certain amount of interest in that relationship, same stands true for Pakistan and China. Now i know Pakistan was the 1st country to be offered J-10 the pride of China, but that does not mean that it would be like this forever, things change and so are the relations. My point is that its a bit too early to even discuss this possibility about Pakistan getting J-xx. We should not get carried away.

I'm not sure abour PAK-FA and looking at Russians working on Fifth generation airplane Americans already developed their own I don't see UK and will never develop their own since they can buy as many JSF as they want neither do any other Europeans nations except for FRANCE that might after 2015 seriously consider developing their own possibility

We have done a lot of work on stealth in the past, we have made a few full sized mock ups of stealth aircraft, the BAE Replica being the most memorable. Yes it was made to show the yanks that we should have more of a part in the JSF program by showing them we could make our own stealth planes if necessary but still it was wholly indigenous. Our next gen of UCAV's we are developing are stealth as well.

We don't need (and so wont) to make our own 5th gen aircraft but we could if needed, UCAV's and UAV's are what the effort is going into now. I can't wait for the Taranis myself.

the fight can be done betwwen indian pakfa and chinese jxx

All I am saying is that nobody knows the exact capabilities of either plane, and they are both under development. How on earth do you expect someone to answer your question logically? All you will get by asking that question is a fanboy war.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, but not all questions should be asked. -RAK

What makes you so sure that this jet will be offered to Pakistan at all? Look we have great relation with China but every country has a certain amount of interest in that relationship, same stands true for Pakistan and China. Now i know Pakistan was the 1st country to be offered J-10 the pride of China, but that does not mean that it would be like this forever, things change and so are the relations. My point is that its a bit too early to even discuss this possibility about Pakistan getting J-xx. We should not get carried away.
Once J-10B rolls out, it will be the only J-10-variant in production in China...hence exports will be of this fighter. The only difference will be in avionics, ECM/EW, radar & weapon-systems, in which China will offer export-variants or let the client customize it their own way.

We have done a lot of work on stealth in the past, we have made a few full sized mock ups of stealth aircraft, the BAE Replica being the most memorable. Yes it was made to show the yanks that we should have more of a part in the JSF program by showing them we could make our own stealth planes if necessary but still it was wholly indigenous. Our next gen of UCAV's we are developing are stealth as well.

We don't need (and so wont) to make our own 5th gen aircraft but we could if needed, UCAV's and UAV's are what the effort is going into now. I can't wait for the Taranis myself.

Go UK aviation industry!
Secret UK stealth plane project revealed - 04 April 2003 - New Scientist
BAE Replica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
24243b6babaee5e9ed1c641c802332a6.jpg

Never mind JF-17, THIS is where Pakistan should be heading towards, slowly but surely. They did ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, now JF-17, later? Once the financial problems are done with... aim for the stars and you might just reach the moon!

Anyways, about J-10B, we know pretty much NOTHING about it, except that it will be a big improvement on J-10A.
TopGun, we don't really know anything about J-XX either. It will be some time before we know anything about that one, all we know is that in 2007 the J-XX contract was awarded to Chengdu Aircraft Corp., the same company who make FC-1 and J-10.
Main question is whether PAF's first 36 J-10 will be J-10A (F-10A/FC-10A) or J-10B (FC-20). I suppose it depends on how close the J-10B is to being completed. According to Chinese websites, something new has flown and is being tested but they are not sure if it is J-10B, only some claims by certain posters are saying it is - no evidence, no pictures, nothing.

Last edited:
Shiny if UK was capable of making why did u opt for JSF???Answer should be precise brief and with facts...and why did u go for an expensive EF2000 along with JSF fairly should have invested in one stealth Fighter branded Made in UK...saving lots of Pounds Sterling instead of asking US to get u on board for sharing some of the crucial technology that so far US has denied if u were capable of Making a stealth why ask for US to share some imp tech regarding JSF with you, u have ur own don't U???...Yeah i expected lol u got ur 2 thanks just today after being a captain for how many days?lol

Last edited:
Shiny if UK was capable of making why did u opt for JSF???Answer should be precise brief and with facts

Canada, France and UK have the know how and the technology to make JSF but htey don't have the financial strength to fund such a project.

The US has an ambition to control the rest of the world but it's allies are only supporting therefore their investment will be much less than that of the USA.

FYI, UK and Canada are manufacturing some critical components of JSF and it is not a 100% US fighter jet.

Dude no critical component is being manufactured in other nations US is totally denying it...READ what that guy said>>We have done a lot of work on stealth in the past, we have made a few full sized mock ups of stealth aircraft, the BAE Replica being the most memorable. Yes it was made to show the yanks that we should have more of a part in the JSF program by showing them we could make our own stealth planes if necessary but still it was wholly indigenous. Our next gen of UCAV's we are developing are stealth as well.

Don't act dumb dude read what the hell he is trying to tell if a nation is completely able to make a stealth Jet why the hell would it waste money of EF2000 + BUYING JSF...why not apply that logically to a home made stealth plane rather then begging others to give us access to some of the secret data on jsf...THAT GUY POSTED we could make out own stealth planes if necessary lol so now its necessary but they didn't make it instead begged US...i suggest write use ur head instead of licking others feet...
regarding next generation stealth UCAV why make it dump that project as well go for US :rofl:

shiny says>>We don't need (and so wont) to make our own 5th gen aircraft
Yeah then why were u in first place making it and abandoning it???

U guys need to get life ur statements are conflicting within....u guys says Uk were making to show to US??and then saying they don't need their own 5TH gen?? what the hell are you guys drug addicts??? post some quality stuff plz..

Dude if Canada is able to make their own stealth Jet they won't not have given contract to US to upgrade their CFA/18s instead they would have upgraded them in home....Even turkey has a manufacturing plant of F-16 while Canada has no F-18 Manufacturing plant even the revenue of Canada is way to high and is included in one of the richest countries don't talk about finances dude i am in Canada, Canada exports engineering stuff to US plus lots of Oil in Canada that is being exported to US...Canada has invested much money in Health Sector and education...u ppl are plain stupid..
jsf is 5th generation...y dumped home made 5th generation project was it a failure???

Dude no critical component is being manufactured in other nations US is totally denying it...READ what that guy said>>We have done a lot of work on stealth in the past, we have made a few full sized mock ups of stealth aircraft, the BAE Replica being the most memorable. Yes it was made to show the yanks that we should have more of a part in the JSF program by showing them we could make our own stealth planes if necessary but still it was wholly indigenous. Our next gen of UCAV's we are developing are stealth as well.

Don't act dumb dude read what the hell he is trying to tell if a nation is completely able to make a stealth Jet why the hell would it waste money of EF2000 + BUYING JSF...

Are you blind? UK is able to make a stealth jet, but they don't have enough MONEY. You shouldn't type crap you don't know about.
Do you know how much USA spent developing F-22 Raptor? 60 billion dollars. Do you know how many countries are working together to make JSF and how much money they are pouring into it?

Wikipedia said:
The United Kingdom is the sole "Level 1" partner, contributing US$2.5 billion, about 10% of the development costs[59] under the 1995 Memorandum of Understanding that brought the UK into the project.[60] Level 2 partners are Italy, which is contributing US$1 billion; and the Netherlands, US$800 million. Level 3 partners are Canada, US$475 million; Turkey, US$195 million; Australia, US$144 million; Norway, US$122 million and Denmark, US$110 million. Israel and Singapore have joined as Security Cooperative Participants (SCP).
2.5 billion dollars times 10 = 25 billion dollars development cost for JSF, before anybody even buys it.

If you think it is so cheap to make a stealth fighter, why hasn't ANYBODY done it before, except USA?
If UK can't make stealth jets, why is it making armed stealth UCAVs?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/22/raf_overseas_outsource_outrage_taranis_robot_stealth_bomber/
Project Taranis, according to the MoD, will build an unmanned demonstrator the size of a small fighter jet. It will be stealthy, speedy, and able to "deploy a range of munitions over a number of targets."
Why is Rolls Royce helping make the engines for JSF if USA can do that alone?
Did you know Japan is making their own stealth fighter in case they don't buy F-22 or JSF ? Germany was designing their own stealth fighter during the Cold War?
You don't even know anything about UK's aviation industry do you? Ever heard of Vulcan, Victor, EE Lightning, Tornado, Blackburn Buccaneer, TSR 2, Harrier? Look them up and learn something before you tell people they are dumb.
You don't know how advanced Canada is (or was) either do you? Do you know about Avro Arrow, Canada's own advanced interceptor project started in 1959? Designed in the early 60s, it even had a FBW system.

Nobody is wasting money on EF-2000, it is arguably the best fighter in the world after F-22 and JSF. Did you know EF-2000's HUD is also fitted to F-22? That is how good it is.
You think EF costs as much as JSF to develop? Italy, Germany and UK alone made EF. JSF has 9 partner countries, 10 if you count USA!

Shiny if UK was capable of making why did u opt for JSF???Answer should be precise brief and with facts...and why did u go for an expensive EF2000 along with JSF fairly should have invested in one stealth Fighter branded Made in UK...saving lots of Pounds Sterling instead of asking US to get u on board for sharing some of the crucial technology that so far US has denied if u were capable of Making a stealth why ask for US to share some imp tech regarding JSF with you, u have ur own don't U???...Yeah i expected lol u got ur 2 thanks just today after being a captain for how many days?lol
YOU won't accept the facts, so who the hell are you to ask him these stupid questions that others have already answered, like SSGPA1? You called him stupid when he answered, are you going to call Shiny Capstar stupid when he answers too? Even though he is a captain who served in Afghanistan?
NO, YOU are being the dumbass here, nobody else.

You think a stealth fighter costs the same to develop as EF? LOL.

Last edited:

You are absolutely right, lets not get carried away. But, if JXX is offered first for export to any country it would be Pakistan. Keep in mind that India is working on a 5th generation aircraft, once that rolls out than China would have to sell JXX to Pakistan as a counter balance. You are right, at the end of the day all relations are based on interests and the Indian threat makes our interests mutual. But let the first prototype role out and than have a discussion whether Pakistan is getting this aircraft or not.

hj786 yaar shiny said they don't need 5th generation plane then why did they go for JSF??? so Uk doesn't have money to develop one then why in the past did they according to shiny work on stealth projects and wasted billions of pounds???

Simple logical questions EF2000 costs 85 Million plus while jsf cost same or less so tell me why did Uk not spent $$ or pounds making a 5th generation Stealth Plane home made which could have cost the same which could have been sold to European neighbors cutting US market in Europe?? Similar to JSF project where a few nations are together in it why didn't Uk give a go ahead to such a project A euro zone kinda of project??? apology for calling stupid n dumb earlier... but why such conflicting statements and contradictions??

hj786 yaar shiny said they don't need 5th generation plane then why did they go for JSF??? so Uk doesn't have money to develop one then why in the past did they according to shiny work on stealth projects and wasted billions of pounds???

Simple logical questions EF2000 costs 85 Million plus while jsf cost same or less so tell me why did Uk not spent $$ or pounds making a 5th generation Stealth Plane home made which could have cost the same which could have been sold to European neighbors cutting US market in Europe?? Similar to JSF project where a few nations are together in it why didn't Uk give a go ahead to such a project A euro zone kinda of project??? apology for calling stupid n dumb earlier... but why such conflicting statements and contradictions??
They did not waste billions of pounds designing stealth fighters. They only spent maybe 30 million on the BAE Replica (see the pictures in one of my previous post). They are spending billions of pounds developing JSF, and those 2.5 billion are only 10% of JSF's development cost! You are under-estimating how expensive it is to develop a stealth fighter.

They went for JSF because they need a VTOL (Vertical Take-off or Landing) fighter for the Royal Navy's new aircraft carriers. Harrier is too old and out-of-date. THAT is why they are buying JSF - they are buying the VTOL model (F-35B).

The Typhoon is already cutting US market in Europe. Don't forget that Typhoon is already here and being delivered years ago. They are now exporting it to Saudi even - where is JSF? Still years until it is finished, never mind delivered. Royal Navy was told by lockheed that their JSF can be delivered in 2014, even though UK helped develop it.

Also, the Typhoon was supposed to replace Tornado, which is old now.
Any price you have read for JSF does not matter, what matters is how much the custoemrs actually pay. You do not know if JSF will be cheaper than Typhoon, I don't think anybody believes it will be - maybe if it is bought by many countries like F-16, but if Typhoon is bought by many countries then it will also be cheaper.

The Replica was designed to potentially be part of the Future Offensive Air System, it was designed to have a similar level of Stealth to the F117 and be primarily a bomber. Not a fighter.
FOAS was cancelled and we got the part we wanted in the JSF project, it wouldn't have filled the gap left by the JSF fully anyway. It wouldn't have been able to be used off our carriers or be VTOL or be as good in the A-A role to give a few examples.
EF2000 is our Air Superiority fighter, a role which neither the JSF or Replica could fill as well.

The Replica would have been very expensive to develop fully anyway, more so than what we went with.

Oh and we get full ToT for the JSF, a fuss was kicked up about it and Bush agreed to let us have it. If full ToT or Source codes were not provided we would not have been able to buy the aircraft it may have meant that full operational sovereignty be compromised. The JSF uses different tech to the Replica and we needed to know that tech so we can use it and modify it as we see fit.

I was a Captain for four years by the way, what military service have you done?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom