What's new

J-10 Customers Queing Up

They did not waste billions of pounds designing stealth fighters. They only spent maybe 30 million on the BAE Replica (see the pictures in one of my previous post). They are spending billions of pounds developing JSF, and those 2.5 billion are only 10% of JSF's development cost! You are under-estimating how expensive it is to develop a stealth fighter.

They went for JSF because they need a VTOL (Vertical Take-off or Landing) fighter for the Royal Navy's new aircraft carriers. Harrier is too old and out-of-date. THAT is why they are buying JSF - they are buying the VTOL model (F-35B).

The Typhoon is already cutting US market in Europe. Don't forget that Typhoon is already here and being delivered years ago. They are now exporting it to Saudi even - where is JSF? Still years until it is finished, never mind delivered. Royal Navy was told by lockheed that their JSF can be delivered in 2014, even though UK helped develop it.

Also, the Typhoon was supposed to replace Tornado, which is old now.
Any price you have read for JSF does not matter, what matters is how much the custoemrs actually pay. You do not know if JSF will be cheaper than Typhoon, I don't think anybody believes it will be - maybe if it is bought by many countries like F-16, but if Typhoon is bought by many countries then it will also be cheaper.

Ah, didn't see this post before posting my reply. Sorry for the repeated points.

Dude no critical component is being manufactured in other nations US is totally denying it...READ what that guy said>>We have done a lot of work on stealth in the past, we have made a few full sized mock ups of stealth aircraft, the BAE Replica being the most memorable. Yes it was made to show the yanks that we should have more of a part in the JSF program by showing them we could make our own stealth planes if necessary but still it was wholly indigenous. Our next gen of UCAV's we are developing are stealth as well.

Don't act dumb dude read what the hell he is trying to tell if a nation is completely able to make a stealth Jet why the hell would it waste money of EF2000 + BUYING JSF...why not apply that logically to a home made stealth plane rather then begging others to give us access to some of the secret data on jsf...THAT GUY POSTED we could make out own stealth planes if necessary lol so now its necessary but they didn't make it instead begged US...i suggest write use ur head instead of licking others feet...
regarding next generation stealth UCAV why make it dump that project as well go for US :rofl:

That 'home made stealth plane' would cost a lot of money to make (I do mean a hell of a lot) and would not be as capable as the JSF, why spend far more to get a less capable plane?
Oh and we were part of a US UCAV project but we left to pursue our own.

shiny says>>We don't need (and so wont) to make our own 5th gen aircraft
Yeah then why were u in first place making it and abandoning it???

To reinforce domestic industrial abilities in the field of stealth and aircraft, (necessary to preserve our capabilities in this field, as laid out in the 2005 DIS white paper which while completed after Replica was unveiled laid out in stone our previous policies), and to show the yanks that we could build our own 5th gen plane so that we could get a larger part and access to source codes.

U guys need to get life ur statements are conflicting within....u guys says Uk were making to show to US??and then saying they don't need their own 5TH gen?? what the hell are you guys drug addicts??? post some quality stuff plz..

Dude if Canada is able to make their own stealth Jet they won't not have given contract to US to upgrade their CFA/18s instead they would have upgraded them in home....Even turkey has a manufacturing plant of F-16 while Canada has no F-18 Manufacturing plant even the revenue of Canada is way to high and is included in one of the richest countries don't talk about finances dude i am in Canada, Canada exports engineering stuff to US plus lots of Oil in Canada that is being exported to US...Canada has invested much money in Health Sector and education...u ppl are plain stupid..
jsf is 5th generation...y dumped home made 5th generation project was it a failure???

No we are saying that we made it to show the Americans we could and that the UK doesn't need to make our own 5th gen aircraft as we will have the JSF. Not that we don't need 5th gen planes.

Please keep in mid that billions spent on any prroject is not a waste because research create jobs in respective economies.

Defense projects and manufacturing industry work hand in hand.

One of the reasons why govt. invest in such projects.

Lets say a JSF component is sub-contracted to a company in Canada. Now this company will further sub-contract some work to another company and this cycle continues.

Hi, I think PAF is planning to have about 150-200 J-10B's instead of F-16's and may be selling out them by 2015 and they may have About 450 JF-17's 2 versions the current and the oter one wit CFT's. Am i right or not but willl be rigt may be by 2015.

Hi, I think PAF is planning to have about 150-200 J-10B's instead of F-16's and may be selling out them by 2015 and they may have About 450 JF-17's 2 versions the current and the oter one wit CFT's. Am i right or not but willl be rigt may be by 2015.

Your numbers are all wrong friend. At the moment , we are looking at 250 to 275 Thunders, between 50 to 100 FC20s and our F16s shoulfd they arrive. The PAF maintains a fleet of 400-- 450 planes including some of the PGs.
Araz

Your numbers are all wrong friend. At the moment , we are looking at 250 to 275 Thunders, between 50 to 100 FC20s and our F16s shoulfd they arrive. The PAF maintains a fleet of 400-- 450 planes including some of the PGs.
Araz

Hi, how r u i am ok.
Man i'm not wrong coz i know that F-16's aren't commin and by the way J-10B's will very soon become the frontline fighter of PAF about 100-150 by 2014 and 250 single seat JF-17's along with 50 dual seat JF-17's as AJT's as well as JF-17 conversion and only and only 48+14 F-16's will be there which is nothing to be compared to what IAF has or will have like MRCA, SU-30 MKI's,
MiG-29's SMT indian need of avionics like MKI's ave may be increased to about 200 in nos. and by 2014 when the other version of JF-17 would be ready with much better avionics and CFT's they r goin 2 induct it in the same nos. like single seat 250 + 50 dual seat. Today may be i am wrong but by 2014 i'll be right. :pakistan::cheers::china:

Hi, how r u i am ok.
Man i'm not wrong coz i know that F-16's aren't commin and by the way J-10B's will very soon become the frontline fighter of PAF about 100-150 by 2014 and 250 single seat JF-17's along with 50 dual seat JF-17's as AJT's as well as JF-17 conversion and only and only 48+14 F-16's will be there which is nothing to be compared to what IAF has or will have like MRCA, SU-30 MKI's,
MiG-29's SMT indian need of avionics like MKI's ave may be increased to about 200 in nos. and by 2014 when the other version of JF-17 would be ready with much better avionics and CFT's they r goin 2 induct it in the same nos. like single seat 250 + 50 dual seat. Today may be i am wrong but by 2014 i'll be right. :pakistan::cheers::china:

Iam quite happy to learn that you know so much. May I have a credible source from you to back your numbers up on. There have been doubts expressed by other senior people on F16 Bl52 coming to PAf,but it is generally accepted as a minority opinion for various reasons which have been detailed before in this discussion. The reason I objected to your numbers is that the total number exceeds what PAF generally accepts as its required number of Aircrafts. If you have sources that say to the contrary prove your point.
WaSalam
Araz

Back
Top Bottom