What's new

Is PDF the biggest online social/military platform of Pakistan?

Promote and share it on social media. We regularly update them with postings so sharing them will help increase outreach.

We need to bring Quora community to this place. It will be easy by just making a popular question like "How Malaysian think about Pakistan Defense Forum, the most popular defense and geopolitics forum in the world" something like that and keep using other countries name with the same question to bring more members.

Hi,

I was thinking about this.

Is it safe to assume that there is no other online platform in Pakistan which can give competition to PDF (Pakistan Defence Forum) when it comes to outreach, diversity and number of members?

I mean I don't know of any other local platform where you're having Pakistanis and foreigners talking about stock markets to Beirut explosion and from tree plantation to wars.

Seriously, I am assuming that this forum is read and monitored by intelligence agencies as well - ours and of others.

A forum where we have members from Karachi to Kashmir and from South Asia to North America.

PDF is small world in itself. Yet it has more potential which needs to utilized.

What can be done then? How can we maximize its reach right up to PM house in Islamabad or up to different capitals of world?

How can we make it more BIG and visible?

Kuch samajh araha hai? :)

If you really want to turn PDF into a think tank type of platform, there should be a seperate section that produces quality content in the form of a magazine. The platform requires professional content writers and a slick design. Professionals who are articulate and have excellent research background. I think PDF has the potential to promote itself to a much wider audience since it already has a solid member base. I believe we have such individuals on this forum because we witness ocassionaly how certain members produce quality content. The forum section should just be a part of the PDF brand. PDF cannot and shouldn't solely survive on forum discussions. It should go beyond forum chatter. There should be an excellent magazine section or even a seperate site where we have popular and interesting OPINIONS on political and military affairs. PDF needs to churn out publications. PDF should be a platform where even the GoP should seek consultancy. Of course this requires a budget.

Last edited:
opinion;
1) Allow a little leeway for dissent.
2) Jeering, mockery shouldn't be countenanced.
3) It should've been defence.com rather than defence.pk.

Hire professional and credible analysts and make something out of PDF's think tank i.e. a brand of its own. A magazine on lines of Foreign Policy but more credible.
@Quwa is doinh good job
May be @WebMaster can collobrate

A dedicated you tube channel will help fund some of this.
Pretty sure you can get huge subscription base. Even if u do a single video per month

They are several other people here doing vidoes..

You guys need to form a single channel and collobarate if u want sucess both from financial point of view and putting out the message

3) It should've been defence.com rather than defence.pk.
1. .com is for commercial usage.
2. It would have been a name too vague and too mainstream.
3. defence.pk gives it appropriate intro without any explanation.

If you really want to turn PDF into a think tank type of platform, there should be a seperate section that produces quality content in the form of a magazine. The platform requires professional content writers and a slick design. Professionals who are articulate and have excellent research background. I think PDF has the potential to promote itself to a much wider audience since it already has a solid member base. I believe we have such individuals on this forum because we witness ocassionaly how certain members produce quality content. The forum section should just be a part of the PDF brand. PDF cannot and shouldn't solely survive on forum discussions. It should go beyond forum chatter. There should be an excellent magazine section or even a seperate site where we have popular and interesting OPINIONS on political and military affairs. PDF needs to churn out publications. PDF should be a platform where even the GoP should seek consultancy. Of course this requires a budget.
Sir these are amazing ideas!

Sir these are amazing ideas!

Running a discussion forum is fine, but it is small potatoes compared to running a professional think tank platform. I think that PDF should start influencing decision making of Pakistan. That is how far the aim should be. We know from past media reporting that PDF has influenced politics. International media has reported this. PDF should build on that.

Is this your CV to become a thinktank ? :D:D
Not at all I have checked other forums also. For me most shocking thing was seeing Indian forums not at same level. Because I grew up hearing how good Indians are at IT and also their love for Armed Forces was well known so for me seeing Indian forums being average was a real shocker. Also I have seen Arab forums they are also not that big. Never came across Euorpean ones.

Running a discussion forum is fine, but it is small potatoes compared to running a professional think tank platform. I think that PDF should start influencing decision making of Pakistan. That is how far the aim should be. We know from past media reporting that PDF has influenced politics. International media has reported this. PDF should build on that.
Sir I was checking old posts and came across some interesting information:

1. 'We are pleased to announce that team Pakistan Defence in collaboration with film maker Zain Khan is launching the Tactical Talk.'
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-defence-to-launch-its-own-talk-show.363683/

https://tacticaltalk.net/

2. 'Pakistan Defence will be participating in a seminar held at PIPS on the topic of Countering Violent Extremism by Center for Pakistan and Gulf Studies as a media partner.'
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...-in-counter-extremism-seminar-at-pips.395533/

There have also been efforts to upgrade PDF to a think tank`s platform. But I have no idea about the hurdles that have been hampering this step.

Not at all I have checked other forums also. For me most shocking thing was seeing Indian forums not at same level. Because I grew up hearing how good Indians are at IT and also their love for Armed Forces was well known so for me seeing Indian forums being average was a real shocker. Also I have seen Arab forums they are also not that big. Never came across Euorpean ones.
You should write a book on your forum experience

It is one of the best defence forums out there for sure. I do hope the Admins hve a very good backup strategy for this forum, as BR, Pakdef were former shadows of themselves, once they got hacked and lost all their historical threads. Alot of work has gone into this forum... hope it is all backed up!

Pakdef has recently come back as https://www.pakmil.net but it is a former shadow of itself, and currently struggling to find a firm footing like it once did.

looks like your fresh of the boat.
hint:
upload_2020-8-16_20-36-28.jpeg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom