What's new

Is CCNA and CCNP and good career move

@ Muradk.

Sir CCNA / CCNP and other Cisco courses are good career starters but now demands have been changing over the years .

If someone wants to get into Computer systems and Networking in Australia they usually get a CCNA along with their Bachelors degree to fulfill the market requirements.

Now what is and would be extremely in demand in Computing and Computer systems and Networking is as Asim bhai said " Computer systems and Network security " plus add on qualifications from Cisco and Microsoft specially Microsoft wireless network administrator.

World is moving more and more toward wireless technologies and now having the WI-Fi Printers and other hardware i would say its just a matter of time when every hardware would operate wireless.

This is extremely dangerous as Hacks and other Network threats would be more effective and this is where Computer systems and Network security Kicks in & thats why i call it futuristic and it is one of my 2 choices for my own career.

I don't know what state is it for in USA but here is a link for you anyway with course description and Units.
Wilmington University 565183 Bachelor Of Science In Computer And Network Security USA US
Regards:

CCNA( it for Australia but now Australian and US dollors are almost the same)

In what terms? MCSE is a Microsoft certification which gives you a career in system administration whereas CCNA opens career path in network administration. both lines are different. Can you please elaborate more rather then these one liners.

MCSE (for Microsoft / Windows product's configuration and administration, CCNA (for Cisco routers' configuration and administration)

Two fundamental IT certificate

Many fundamental IT staffs have these 2 certificate, because both System and Network knowledge are required for IT career!

dear brother i need ur help!!!!!

frankly speaking,, guys!!!!!! I HAVE DONE MY MATRICULATION,, AND NOT INTERESTED IN FSC,, OR ICS, BLA BLA BLA,,,,

IM INTERESTED IN CCNA,, AND DESE TYPES OF ODER CERTIFICATES,,, CAN U GUYS guide me dat if i do dese courses,,,, (ccna etc) will dis be enough for me to get a gud jjob in future????

REMEMBER ONLY MATRICULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dear brother i need ur help!!!!!

frankly speaking,, guys!!!!!! I HAVE DONE MY MATRICULATION,, AND NOT INTERESTED IN FSC,, OR ICS, BLA BLA BLA,,,,

IM INTERESTED IN CCNA,, AND DESE TYPES OF ODER CERTIFICATES,,, CAN U GUYS guide me dat if i do dese courses,,,, (ccna etc) will dis be enough for me to get a gud jjob in future????

REMEMBER ONLY MATRICULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Brother , in my opinion

Academic career always matters, You should have complete about 16 years of Education,so FSC is must. You have to chose the best Career for you that you like.
I was in Master when i done my CCNA, Now along with a job and i am doing my CCNP
if you want your career in Computer Networking then you have to go through to CCNA. otherwise there are many good options.

Regards,

Of course it is,and as i have done there is no need of ccnp when you have planed to do ccna,i have completed it in 2009 by securing 991 score by grace of almighty,my parents,some very helpful books and tips from ccnaexam4u.blogspot.com now i am working with a multinational securing a good package

No it is not..CCNA and CCNP are not real accredited qualifications and neither you will be able to compete with Indian payscale in the overseas market especially gulf. Better looking into studying something serious like aviation, aero space engineering, electrical, electronics, etc..But stay away from IT as far as you can..only your enemy will recommend you IT.

I know that we have a few computer guys on the forum, Please can you tell me is CCNA a good thing as a career move for someone who like networking
how is the market in USA, UK and UAE for getting a job with the above qualification.

Its a good track, but remember first do it with any one platform like Windows administration or Linux administration.. else plain CCNA give you a 111$ to 133 $ per month, its Indian Market for fresher with only CCNA... if you did that with Linux or windows you got about 225$ - 300$ per month for freshers:cheers:

In what terms? MCSE is a Microsoft certification which gives you a career in system administration whereas CCNA opens career path in network administration. both lines are different. Can you please elaborate more rather then these one liners.

sorry bro, if you go plainly with CCNA its the stupid mistake you made for your future...:hang2:

MCSE (for Microsoft / Windows product's configuration and administration, CCNA (for Cisco routers' configuration and administration)

Two fundamental IT certificate

Many fundamental IT staffs have these 2 certificate, because both System and Network knowledge are required for IT career!

Correct 101%....:yahoo:

No it is not..CCNA and CCNP are not real accredited qualifications and neither you will be able to compete with Indian payscale in the overseas market especially gulf. Better looking into studying something serious like aviation, aero space engineering, electrical, electronics, etc..But stay away from IT as far as you can..only your enemy will recommend you IT.

Don't make a guy discourage or by propaganda like enemy do this and that in your career.. in my PoV you are the enemy of that guy...:devil:

Leave him/her he/she will choose the career path for them self...:cheers:

Now I am really confused , so CCNA is a good entry level networking thing ,
but you guys said CCIE is very good now which one :undecided:
CCIE Routing and Switching
CCIE Security
CCIE Voice
CCIE Service Provider
CCIE RS Executive Program

Sir,

I have gone through all these CCNA,CCNP and 3 of CCIEs(R&S-Failed 2 times , Security - Failed once Service Provider - Failed once....

To be honest .. I would tell you that all depend on market situation.

(1)There are lots of CCIEs in R&S domain because this is what everyone studies at first.So competition is tough in it.
(2)There are lesser guys in Service Provider arena but again demand and salary is also less.
(3)Security is hot but you need to build routing and switching concepts before entering in it so it takes time.
(4) Voip is also very good but again demand is not much as R&S or security because Cisco dose not hold market in Voip like in R&S and Security.

Apart from that you need a very solid knowledge and experience of respective domain in which you hold the CCIE because you would be expected to take the lead in your company and you will be near managerial post.

The only certification that can pay you a very handsome amount regardless of your academic background and experience ( of course with knowledge) is CCDE. So if you are not in hurry my suggested path for you is -

Study the CCNA syllabus ( dont give the exam)
Stuyd CCNP ( again no exam)
Study CCDP and CCDA ( again No exam)
CCNA security
CCSP
CCIP(all study no exam at all)

do these all for 2 years.
Then Have a look on the books suggested on CCDE page of Cisco.
Attempt t he exam and if you can clear you would be on top of the world because you would be all in one expert and will not be affected by any downtime in particular technology at all.

So if you have 2-3 years then you can go with my plan and believe me you be different after three years quite ahead of your colleagues.

(By the way I am tired of Pvt Sector in India and now preparing for worlds toughest exam " I.A.S. " )

Best Regards

Mrityunjay Rai

they are good
but in my point of view
one should keep these certificates as extra qualification

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom